Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Expierencing memory leaks

Post New Thread Reply   

ldooks
Old 10-19-2016 , 00:14   Re: Expierencing memory leaks
Reply With Quote #11

Even with metamod and sourcemod disabled, it still looks like memory usage creeps and creeps up. Guess insurgency needs to figure their shit out. Thanks for humoring me
Old 10-20-2016 , 18:01   Re: Expierencing memory leaks
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldooks View Post
Even with metamod and sourcemod disabled, it still looks like memory usage creeps and creeps up. Guess insurgency needs to figure their shit out. Thanks for humoring me
Its to be expected that something eventually goes wrong, most of the big guys still have downtimes to reboot and clear memory. For instance even the big gun World of Warcraft have a weekly restart.

If you are only looking to save yourself due to lack of memory for a few extra hours something like zRAM might be what you are looking for. It will be much quicker than the disk drive swap for a while until too much crap ends up in your swap. Its a trade off as it uses additional CPU, if you have it to spare on a high core count machine and are not using Windows/OpenVZ its probably worth a go. Its been supported in the Linux kernel for quite a while now and is active on almost all smart phones and low memory prebuilts on the market by default.

GZS Servers
ldooks
Old 11-04-2016 , 14:28   Re: Expierencing memory leaks
Reply With Quote #13

Hey ya'll i solved this

Looks like it was something to do with my cURL extension. I think it was just dumping data into the nether and eventually the server would croak.

https://p.datadoghq.com/sb/8304cbd3c-7bb6c5bbc4

memory usage has stabilized. Thanks for humoring me