Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Player Stats (Co-op) v1.1.1

Post New Thread Reply   

DopeFish
Old 01-21-2009 , 13:20   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
I checked the username/password combo and it works fine outside of sourcemod/this plugin.
Sourcemod seems to use a hardcoded path when looking for the mysql socket instead of checking the system setting. Try setting the host to 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost, forcing Sourcemod to use the TCP/IP interface instead of the filesystem socket.
Code:
"host" "127.0.0.1"
Send a message via ICQ to DopeFish
Moiraine
Old 01-21-2009 , 14:06   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #22

Awsome plugin ;) Have it running on http://games.isp-services.nl/l4dstats/ @ 4 servers. Looking forward to the versus stats
L4DHelp
Old 01-21-2009 , 15:16   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #23

I've tried changing the IP in my Databases.cfg file. The one located in addons/sourcemod/configs

But the webpage won't update.. as far as I know my gameserver and website are on 2 different servers, I tried localhost and 127.0.0.1. I also tried the IP that comes up when you login to phpMyAdmin.

I use Gameservers.com if anyone else uses it too, could I grab some help?

Edit: Okay just saw the MySQL version in cPanel is 4.1.22-standard-log... so yeah i'm guessing I can't use this then?

Last edited by L4DHelp; 01-21-2009 at 15:23.
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2009 , 15:43   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyruxpin View Post
I was playing on one of the hosts last night and I was seeing some shuttering / choppiness whenever a large horde would come in and get mowed down by us. I am still trying to determine if this is just because of the sheer scale of the mobs or because of the processing of the events of them getting killed. I will do some play testing tonight with some other players and confirm.
Okay thanks, please let me know. Granted I do not know much about the technical side of it (maybe someone way smarter than me can chime in here) so I am not sure what sort of performance hit having an event fire that often. The event itself (infected_death) is rather lightweight, but it might be the player_death which handles Special Infected that could be causing it, since the escape for standard infected isn't until like midway through the event processing. I might be able to combine the two and just use player_death for common and special infected, which might solve the problem.

As a side note, I think you can use the added benefit that stats inadvertently provides which is singling out TK'ers and griefers. -25,000 points and 245 FF incidents? Might want to ban him. ;)

http://stats.blacktusklabs.com/l4dst...AM_1:0:4903346

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4DHelp View Post
I've tried changing the IP in my Databases.cfg file. The one located in addons/sourcemod/configs

But the webpage won't update.. as far as I know my gameserver and website are on 2 different servers, I tried localhost and 127.0.0.1. I also tried the IP that comes up when you login to phpMyAdmin.

I use Gameservers.com if anyone else uses it too, could I grab some help?

Edit: Okay just saw the MySQL version in cPanel is 4.1.22-standard-log... so yeah i'm guessing I can't use this then?
You may be able to use MySQL 4.0, but I haven't tested it.

Does your system's MySQL allow outside connections? If you are not sure, you can PM me your MySQL information and I can try from my server. This is most likely your problem - outside connections are not enabled by default. You may have to contact your host to have them enable it for you.
Old 01-21-2009 , 15:46   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #25

Do you do a MySQL insertion every time the event fires?

Because that might be causing the studder if there is a lag between the server and you.

Is this threaded?
DoD:S Admin Weapons

Links
Resistance and Liberation (A HL2 Multiplayer Modification)
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2009 , 15:47   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
issue : plugin announces if there arent enough humans that its disabled. however if there are enough humans nothing responds ingame, rank or top10 doesnt respond and there are no kill announcements. the DB has no info in it, the players table stays empty.

I used the precompiled version attached AND also compiled one from source. still same issues. Console shows the following :

DB conf :

I checked the username/password combo and it works fine outside of sourcemod/this plugin.

thank you.
First off, those are the wrong cvars. It is sm_l4dstats_XXX, not sm_stats_XXX.

Secondly, please try what DopeFish said.

If that doesn't work, can you confirm that your MySQL host allows external connections, as stated in my above post? Again, if you would like me to test, send me your MySQL information and I can confirm if external connections are active.
Old 01-21-2009 , 15:49   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebson506th View Post
Do you do a MySQL insertion every time the event fires?

Because that might be causing the studder if there is a lag between the server and you.

Is this threaded?
No it doesn't (kind of), and yes it is.

For every thing but Common Infected kills, the SQL update happens immediately. Common Infected kills are updated every 90 seconds (by default, a cvar can change this), so the only high-traffic SQL updates would be if he was killing Special Infected left and right, passing pills, "Protecting" friendlies, rescuing people from closets, or any combination of those and more happening in the same second.
Old 01-21-2009 , 16:12   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleeper View Post
Okay thanks, please let me know. Granted I do not know much about the technical side of it (maybe someone way smarter than me can chime in here) so I am not sure what sort of performance hit having an event fire that often. The event itself (infected_death) is rather lightweight, but it might be the player_death which handles Special Infected that could be causing it, since the escape for standard infected isn't until like midway through the event processing. I might be able to combine the two and just use player_death for common and special infected, which might solve the problem.

As a side note, I think you can use the added benefit that stats inadvertently provides which is singling out TK'ers and griefers. -25,000 points and 245 FF incidents? Might want to ban him. ;)
http://stats.blacktusklabs.com/l4dst...AM_1:0:4903346

I got it setup on my hosts that you cant actually hurt a player with FF. Just yells at you and tells you not to shoot other players. They where getting the -25 points until I changed it to -1. With the size of the hordes its very hard to not hit other players.

-Teddy

My Crappy Plugins: SuperBuilds, Parent Buildables,
L4D Player Info
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2009 , 16:41   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #29

setting it to 127.0.0.1 did the trick. thank you DopeFish and great plugin msleeper.
Veteran Member
Old 01-21-2009 , 16:44   Re: [L4D] Player Stats (Co-op)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyruxpin View Post
I got it setup on my hosts that you cant actually hurt a player with FF. Just yells at you and tells you not to shoot other players. They where getting the -25 points until I changed it to -1. With the size of the hordes its very hard to not hit other players
Fair enough.

Quote:
setting it to 127.0.0.1 did the trick. thank you DopeFish and great plugin msleeper.
Glad to hear it!