8% 

[L4D2] Difficulty Override

Post New Thread Reply   

mugen
Old 06-14-2011 , 02:43   Re: [L4D2] Difficulty Override
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doswhore View Post
Hello. Every once and a while the difficulty on my server resets to normal. My Left 4 Downtown 2 and sourcemod are up to date. Other than that everything works great for me. Any advice? I've tried sm_cvar z_difficulty hard and z_difficulty hard in my server cfg. Also overide is on.

did you set l4d2_force_difficulty 1 in server.cfg?
Doswhore
Old 06-15-2011 , 02:06   Re: [L4D2] Difficulty Override
Reply With Quote #32

Yes indeed. It works for a bit then it resets to normal.
spidera1
Old 08-25-2011 , 07:44   Re: [L4D2] Difficulty Override
Reply With Quote #33

OK guys can you help mei downloaded this so i can change my l4d2 difficult becuse it only stays on normal when i try to change to easy,expert,advaced it says changing difficult and for 1 sec the selected difficult appears and goes back to normal here see my error: ] z_difficulty Expert
L 08/25/2011 - 14:42:45: [l4d_gamemode_scripts.smx] Reseting convars
L 08/25/2011 - 14:42:45: [l4d_gamemode_scripts.smx] Executing Config: coop.cfg
ConVarRef test_progression_loop doesn't point to an existing ConVar
L 08/25/2011 - 14:42:45: [l4d_gamemode_scripts.smx] Reseting convars
L 08/25/2011 - 14:42:45: [l4d_gamemode_scripts.smx] Executing Config: coop.cfg
L 08/25/2011 - 14:42:45: [l4d_gamemode_scripts.smx] Executing Config: coop_normal.cfg
ConVarRef test_progression_loop doesn't point to an existing ConVar
exec: couldn't exec coop.cfg
exec: couldn't exec coop_normal.cfg
exec: couldn't exec coop.cfg

help please?
paul92
Old 04-11-2014 , 18:50   Re: [L4D2] Difficulty Override
Reply With Quote #34

Looks like this doesn't work anymore... (It crashes the game) Is there a new working way to achieve a change of difficulty on Versus now?
paul92
Old 04-13-2014 , 19:29   Re: [L4D2] Difficulty Override
Reply With Quote #35

Little Update:

It wasn't the plugin that crashed the game... Anyway now that i fixed it, the plugin fails to load.

While using the command "sm plugins list" it says that this plugin failed to load... So the result is still the same after all... Could anyone update it?
paul92
Old 04-22-2014 , 14:29   Re: [L4D2] Difficulty Override
Reply With Quote #36

Further updates... When played alone (without other plugins), the plugin load succesfully, it works normally, until it crashes randomly between 15-45 minutes...

I've been trying realism versus on No Mercy campaign, and the game crashes either on map 2, map 3, or map 4. I never managed to reach the Finale. Sometimes it crashes instantly after 2 second of the map 1, but it's rare...

So this plugin is actually unusable right now.

ProdigySim is offline since summer 2013, so he probably won't fix it... Does anyone have an idea on how to fix it? The plugin is pretty small, yet i don't understand why it causes these crashes...
Nothing appears on my log file before the crash.

Also, on all my tries, the plugin crashes when i'm on the survivor team... So that might be a clue.

EDIT: Oh, i'm using a windows server by the way... I don't know if it still works on a Linux Server...

Last edited by paul92; 04-22-2014 at 15:43.
delirium_trigger
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-23-2014 , 04:54   Re: [L4D2] Difficulty Override
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul92 View Post
Further updates... When played alone (without other plugins), the plugin load succesfully, it works normally, until it crashes randomly between 15-45 minutes...

I've been trying realism versus on No Mercy campaign, and the game crashes either on map 2, map 3, or map 4. I never managed to reach the Finale. Sometimes it crashes instantly after 2 second of the map 1, but it's rare...

So this plugin is actually unusable right now.

ProdigySim is offline since summer 2013, so he probably won't fix it... Does anyone have an idea on how to fix it? The plugin is pretty small, yet i don't understand why it causes these crashes...
Nothing appears on my log file before the crash.

Also, on all my tries, the plugin crashes when i'm on the survivor team... So that might be a clue.

EDIT: Oh, i'm using a windows server by the way... I don't know if it still works on a Linux Server...

What version of L4Downtown are you using? All the versions on this forum (as far as I know) are outdated EXCEPT for Atomic's build in which he did in March of this year. Be sure you have his version.

Last edited by delirium_trigger; 04-23-2014 at 04:56.
paul92
Old 04-23-2014 , 08:07   Re: [L4D2] Difficulty Override
Reply With Quote #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium_trigger View Post
What version of L4Downtown are you using? All the versions on this forum (as far as I know) are outdated EXCEPT for Atomic's build in which he did in March of this year. Be sure you have his version.
I'm using a version posted on end of Janurary, beginning of February by Krufftys Killer, since it's the only working version of L4Downtown2 , for Metamod 1.9.3 and Sourcemod 1.5.4.
AtomicStryker build is for the development Branches, (which i don't use) so it won't work for me. I prefer to use stable releases. Metamod 1.10.0 doesn't work for some reason. So i'm using that combination. Which works wonderfully anyway. Except for this plugin, all my other 75-80 plugins works fine without crashing.

Also a good amount of those plugin relies on Left4Downtown, so i'm pretty confident that the version i'm using works.
This plugin has been released some years ago, so i think it can't be that the version i'm using of Left4Downtown (which is only 2-3 months old) doesn't have a possible feature that is needed to run this plugin. Does it works for you? Can you run a whole campaign (or even better, a whole No Mercy campaign) without crashing?

Last edited by paul92; 04-23-2014 at 08:08.
paul92
Old 05-23-2014 , 17:26   Re: [L4D2] Difficulty Override
Reply With Quote #39

Upgraded to the last metamod and sourcemod betas, and it still crashes... So it is definitely the plugin itself... Could anyone help?