Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

'max_connections_per_hour'

Post New Thread Reply   

r3D w0LF
Old 12-09-2017 , 12:53   'max_connections_per_hour'
Reply With Quote #1

Hello,
We have a few servers sharing the same database for amxbans, and we are constantly getting this error:
[amxbans_main.amxx] [AMXBans] Message: User 'DB USERNAME' has exceeded the 'max_connections_per_hour' resource (current value: 500) (1226)

I have contacted host, but I'm pretty sure they will take some time to respond, and I was wondering whether it is a plugin issue, and if not, do you have any hostings in mind that doesn't have this limitation?
Thanks in advance and I'm really sorry if this is not the right board.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-09-2017 , 17:48   Re: 'max_connections_per_hour'
Reply With Quote #2

The plugin requires connecting to the database so it's not really a plugin issue.

This is not related to HLDS so this is not the correct place to post this. It would probably only fit in the Off-Topic section.
Old 12-14-2017 , 21:17   Re: 'max_connections_per_hour'
Reply With Quote #3

amxbans it's full of errors and outdated, everyone is using freshbans or litebans 1.3 nowdays, give it a try, At the moment, it's more functional than amxbans, there will be support and updates
r3D w0LF
Old 12-16-2017 , 08:03   Re: 'max_connections_per_hour'
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
The plugin requires connecting to the database so it's not really a plugin issue.

This is not related to HLDS so this is not the correct place to post this. It would probably only fit in the Off-Topic section.
I am getting this error along with the other one.
Code:
[amxbans_main.amxx] [AMXBans] Message: Table 'USERNAME_amxb._bans' doesn't exist (1146)
Now, im not sure whether the first error is causing the second one, the second one causing the first one, or not related to each other.
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2017 , 10:57   Re: 'max_connections_per_hour'
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3D w0LF View Post
I am getting this error along with the other one.
Code:
[amxbans_main.amxx] [AMXBans] Message: Table 'USERNAME_amxb._bans' doesn't exist (1146)
Now, im not sure whether the first error is causing the second one, the second one causing the first one, or not related to each other.
did you create amxbans database with all privilegies? i never got erros like that, i see it happens with missing tables when people install on free website and don't have all privilegies and some tables are not created
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2017 , 11:04   Re: 'max_connections_per_hour'
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3D w0LF View Post
Hello,
We have a few servers sharing the same database for amxbans, and we are constantly getting this error:
[amxbans_main.amxx] [AMXBans] Message: User 'DB USERNAME' has exceeded the 'max_connections_per_hour' resource (current value: 500) (1226)

I have contacted host, but I'm pretty sure they will take some time to respond, and I was wondering whether it is a plugin issue, and if not, do you have any hostings in mind that doesn't have this limitation?
Thanks in advance and I'm really sorry if this is not the right board.

about max_connection ploblem, it's a resource limit that your host as put in place so you may have to upgrade your plan, has nothing to do with plugins
r3D w0LF
Old 12-20-2017 , 10:44   Re: 'max_connections_per_hour'
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsisd2 View Post
about max_connection ploblem, it's a resource limit that your host as put in place so you may have to upgrade your plan, has nothing to do with plugins
Well, we are running almost all game databases on that host, and only amxbans are giving the error, meaning it is constantly connecting/disconnecting from the MySQL server. Now I asked whether those connections were usual, or whether there was another error causing it to reconnect so many times.

Quote:
did you create amxbans database with all privilegies? i never got erros like that, i see it happens with missing tables when people install on free website and don't have all privilegies and some tables are not created
Due to the limitation, I am running it on a MySQL server hosted on a VPS, and I havent given all privileges to the amxbans user, as a matter of fact, I havent even given 1/3 of the permissions and it is working fine. What I am unsure about is whether amx_sql_table was set to the wrong value (amx_sql_table "banlist") or whether it was the limitation causing the error.
However, I moved the database and changed the amx_sql_table to "admins" at the same time, so I never got to know which is causing what. However, if needed, I will change that cvar back to "bans" just to test it.

Last edited by r3D w0LF; 12-20-2017 at 10:45.
joropito
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-21-2017 , 08:28   Re: 'max_connections_per_hour'
Reply With Quote #8

500 per hour?
It's like less than 9 per minute...

I guess it's a user level setting. If you can't modify it, just setup different users for each game server.

Divide et vinces
approved plugins | steam account

I don't accept PM for support. Just ask on forums.
If you're looking for private work, PM me.
Send a message via MSN to joropito
tarsisd2
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2017 , 08:46   Re: 'max_connections_per_hour'
Reply With Quote #9

Increase the max_user_connection value.

PHP Code:
show global variables like '%connections%'
Will help you in giving the no of connections you have set. Increase the number of connections. Max connections can be more than 16000 I guess, it all depends on your CPU, no of threads It can handle etc.

PHP Code:
SET GLOBAL max_user_connection=1000
max_user_connections is a dynamic variable, which means you can directly run this query. You do not have to shutdown mysql.
r3D w0LF
Old 12-24-2017 , 14:12   Re: 'max_connections_per_hour'
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Increase the max_user_connection value.

PHP Code:
show global variables like '%connections%'
Will help you in giving the no of connections you have set. Increase the number of connections. Max connections can be more than 16000 I guess, it all depends on your CPU, no of threads It can handle etc.

PHP Code:
SET GLOBAL max_user_connection=1000
max_user_connections is a dynamic variable, which means you can directly run this query. You do not have to shutdown mysql.
It is already set to 0, the issue is with "max_connections_per_hour". However i am running it on a VPS for now.