Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server

Post New Thread Reply   

Extreme_One
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2006 , 08:19   MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #1

This will be obvious to most of you but it could help some.
  • Install CS:S DM as normal but DO NOT add the line to your cstrike/addons/metamod/metaplugins.ini file -
    addons/cssdm/bin/cssdm_mm

• Now you have CS:S DM installed but not running and your server is running in standard CS:S mode

• Create a config file called dm.cfg (in your cstrike/cfg folder)
    Here's mine:
    Code:
    ma_war 1
    mani_stats 0
    mani_warmup_timer 0
    mani_css_betting 0
    mani_css_bounty 0
    motdfile dm.txt
    exec servername_DM.cfg
    mp_roundtime 0
    mp_timelimit  0
    mp_fraglimit 50
    meta load addons/cssdm/bin/cssdm_mm
    meta load addons/stripper/bin/stripper_mm
    meta unload addons/vip_mm/bin/vip_mm
    cssdm_enable
  • Now when you want to start running in Deathmatch you just use exec dm.cfg

• I've also got a dmOFF.cfg file to switch Deathmatch mode off and return to normal CS:S mode:
    Code:
    cssdm_disable
    meta unload addons/cssdm/bin/cssdm_mm
    meta unload addons/stripper/bin/stripper_mm
    meta load addons/vip_mm/bin/vip_mm
    mani_stats 1
    mani_warmup_timer 75
    mani_css_betting 1
    mani_css_bounty 1
    motdfile motd.txt
    exec servername.cfg
    mp_roundtime 3
    mp_timelmit 15
    mp_fraglimimt 0
Of course your configs will be different to mine but hopefully that'll prove useful to some of you.

Last edited by Extreme_One; 12-17-2006 at 19:13.
BAILOPAN
Old 12-17-2006 , 14:01   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:SDM server
Reply With Quote #2

This is a good post. There are other ways - such as using meta pause/unpase, or using per-map CS:S DM configs - but whatever you find to work is best.
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2006 , 19:04   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:SDM server
Reply With Quote #3

OK I've found that running MANI VSP causes major problems with CSS: DM so I've editted the original post with a few changes.

Main one being the addition of ma_war 1

The reason I created the above method instead of using meta pause/unpause was because when we were in normal CS:S mode nobody was able to pick up the bomb - they kept dropping it. :/

So I decided that when we were in normal CS:S mode the CSS: DM mod had to be unloaded.
BAILOPAN
Old 12-18-2006 , 01:39   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #4

Hrm, I'll double check that for the next release. Thanks.

I highly recommend not running Mani as a VSP if you're also running CS:S DM. Though if you're using ma_war 1 that might be irrelevant.
Veteran Member
Old 12-18-2006 , 08:28   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAILOPAN View Post
I highly recommend not running Mani as a VSP if you're also running CS:S DM. Though if you're using ma_war 1 that might be irrelevant.
Yeah.

Thing is when I used the mm version of MANI there were many other problems.

The only problem we've discovered so far with using the ma_war 1 method is when one of our admins decided to disable war mode so that he could access the player menu and kick a disruptive player = CRASH!!!
lol

I've now shown him how to use RCON to kick players by playerid.
Whisper
Old 12-19-2006 , 03:31   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:SDM server
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
This is a good post. There are other ways - such as using meta pause/unpase, or using per-map CS:S DM configs - but whatever you find to work is best.
Bailopen, what about doing per server CS:S DM configs with Multiple Metamod Plugin CFGs from single installation path? http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=48730

So I have 4 CS:S DM SRCDS running from a single installation path, but I want to have different types of CS:S DM configurations, how would I do it?

Last edited by Whisper; 12-19-2006 at 09:06.
BAILOPAN
Old 12-19-2006 , 11:11   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #7

One way is to execute cssdm_reload <different config file>. The file has to be in the same format as cssdm.cfg.
Old 12-19-2006 , 12:57   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
One way is to execute cssdm_reload <different config file>. The file has to be in the same format as cssdm.cfg.
So in my server.cfg which I will call 27015.cfg (%port%.cfg) I put the follwing in:

Code:
meta load addons/cssdm/bin/cssdm_mm
meta load addons/stripper/bin/stripper_mm
meta unload addons/vip_mm/bin/vip_mm
cssdm_enable
cssdm_reload 27015dm.cfg
Is that correct?

I am not intending on switching CS:S DM off, so I don't need to unload it.

In fact, if I already have CS:S DM already running normally, can I put in the commandline startup allocated server.cfg the command

Code:
cssdm_reload 27015dm.cfg
Which is just a copy of the a normal cssdm.cfg.

Also, where do I keep this file, 27015dm.cfg, in the cfg dir or in the cstrike/addons/cssdm/ dir?

Furthermore is there a way for metamod to do this in this fashion, so I don't have to require the mod to take care of it?

Thanks again
Old 12-19-2006 , 17:36   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #9

In fashion? Huh? I'm not sure if you meant put it in the command line or put it in the server.cfg file - you may certainly put it in the server.cfg file (I was trying to imply this), but the startup line probably won't work.

The files have to go in addons/cssdm I think. Try firing the command off and it will tell you if it couldn't find the file (it will show you the full path it tried).
Old 12-19-2006 , 22:13   Re: MY method of making a switchable CS:S / CS:S DM server
Reply With Quote #10

Thanks