3% 

[L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]

Post New Thread Reply   

Tonblader
Old 11-14-2020 , 17:59   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftswing1 View Post
any way to get all 8 survivors in the helms deep custom map? l4d1 survivors bug out (i presume because l4d1 npcs are present in the map as well)
Read each of the posts, I do not answer questions that are already answered in the post.

Maybe you can use this version fixed without malicious code:
Helm's Deep -Fixed-

If you use old version of Helms Deep with the malicious code, add this to fix:
Workshop - [ARCHIVED] Helm's Deep Fix
[L4D2] Helms Deep Patch (VPK Maker)
[L4D2 & CS:GO] VScript File Replacer

To 8 players, i use this plugins/metamod plugins: (I'm not sure the order of them, I may need to add more plugins in this list or change the order of importance.)
L4D2Toolz
[L4D2] Real Zoey Unlock (only if you server is Windows, on Linux it is not necessary)
Stripper Fix for all official maps (Require Source:Stripper)
[L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct - (Require DHooks)
Superversus Shao Version (i dont know if is the best option, but work fine for me) (Require [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct)
CreateSurvivorBot by Dragokas
[L4D2]Character_manager (1.4.1 - 22/09/2019 ) - My cvar config (Require Source:Stripper)
Survivor Chat Select 1.6.1 (Forked) - My cvar config
[L4D1 & L4D2]Survivor_AFK_Fix[Left 4 Fix] (Read about all post regarding to gamedata)
[L4D2]Defib_Fix[Left 4 Fix] (Require DHooks) (not work 100% properly with survivors target name, problems related to l4d1 survivors models)
[L4D & L4D2] Gear Transfer
[L4D2] Defib using Bots (Original autor without old Left4downtown method) OR [L4D2] Defib using Bots (Shadowysn Version with old Left4downtown method, you need install Left 4 Downtown 2, an old extension)
[L4D2] Upgrade packs BUG FIX
[L4D2] Remove Lobby Reservation (Silvers Version) (Require [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct)

And maybe can put in server.cfg (if you use Dedicated Server) or in listensever.cfg (if you use Listen Server) this commands:

sm_cvar precache_all_survivors 1 // Precache/Load all models of survivors to prevent crash
sm_cvar sv_consistency 0 // Enable the changes of the scripts/data customize on this server
sm_cvar sb_all_bot_game 1 // Enable bots can move if all players survivors are dead

Last edited by Tonblader; 04-01-2021 at 20:26.
swiftswing1
Old 11-16-2020 , 05:38   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #162

hi, tonblader. thanks for the reply.

so my issue is not that i can't get all 8 survivors: i can spawn all 8 survivors (l4d1&2) on any other map and i can play the helm's deep map with 8 players as long as i'm only using the l4d2 survivor set (with lux's character manager).
my question was if it was possible to have both l4d1&2 survivors in the helms deep map - it can spawn the l4d1 survivors but you can't take over them; they kind of just stand there and don't move:

i'm assuming it's the same issue that occurs during the passing campaign if you use all 8 survivors since they also spawn l4d1 npcs? (though i've never experienced this issue since i use lux's passing stripper fix).
any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by swiftswing1; 11-16-2020 at 09:07.
Tonblader
Old 11-16-2020 , 23:04   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #163

Quote:
i'm assuming it's the same issue that occurs during the passing campaign if you use all 8 survivors since they also spawn l4d1 npcs? (though i've never experienced this issue since i use lux's passing stripper fix).
any help would be appreciated.
I think I know what you mean, I made a configuration using Source:Stripper, I attached the file and let me know if it works correctly, since I don't know the map.

Additionally, consider a couple more things:

For this stripper configuration, i use this map: helms_deep_r26.bsp
The ; placed in the stripper configuration to the left of the lines represent that it is a line that does not affect the rest of the code.

EDIT:
A friend recommended this version to me, he told me that it works well, I really have no idea.
But I have noticed that the authors are trustworthy.
Helm's Deep -Fixed-

EDIT 2:
I remove the attached file of this post, go to this post and download the latest version.
helms_deep_r26 stripperfix v2.zip

Last edited by Tonblader; 01-27-2021 at 11:25.
swiftswing1
Old 11-17-2020 , 20:01   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #164

hi tonblader. thanks for the help. i'm a little busy with work atm, but i'll try to test it out asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonblader View Post
A friend recommended this version to me, he told me that it works well, I really have no idea.
But I have noticed that the authors are trustworthy.
Helm's Deep -Fixed-
so that version is more recent and well-known and the one that most people use, including myself.
afaik that version and the one your stripper configuration is based on (Helms Deep Reborn Fixed (MAP FIXED BY JAiZ and Xanaguy)) should be more or less the same (free from malicious code from previous author of the map, though they both still have l4d1 npcs). however, the one i use has been updated more recently for some small bug fixes and map tweaks.

if it's not too much to ask, do you mind making a stripper configuration for the more recent map?
if not, i'm good to test out your patch with the other map when i find some time.
thanks again for the help.

EDIT:
i managed to find some free time today so using your stripper config and the map its made from, i am able to spawn all 8 survivors when i start the map!
however, there are some scripted events that cause some trouble:

- Louis and Francis are scripted to die/get removed from the map at around 7 minutes. if i am either Louis or Francis i get kicked from the game and get the console message 'Kicked By Console : CBaseEntity:InputKill()'. furthermore, Francis also teleports to a different part of the map at around 3min55.

- at two points: around 3min55 and 7mins respectively, Zoey is also scripted to teleport to a different part of the map. then at around 15min22(?) Zoey once again teleports to a different point before finally getting removed from the map with the same 'CBaseEntity:InputKill()' message.

hope this helps!

Last edited by swiftswing1; 11-17-2020 at 22:52.
Edison1318
Old 11-18-2020 , 00:36   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #165

Quote:
hi tonblader. thanks for the help. i'm a little busy with work atm, but i'll try to test it out asap.

so that version is more recent and well-known and the one that most people use, including myself.
afaik that version and the one your stripper configuration is based on (Helms Deep Reborn Fixed (MAP FIXED BY JAiZ and Xanaguy)) should be more or less the same (free from malicious code from previous author of the map, though they both still have l4d1 npcs). however, the one i use has been updated more recently for some small bug fixes and map tweaks.

if it's not too much to ask, do you mind making a stripper configuration for the more recent map?
if not, i'm good to test out your patch with the other map when i find some time.
thanks again for the help.

EDIT:
i managed to find some free time today so using your stripper config and the map its made from, i am able to spawn all 8 survivors when i start the map!
however, there are some scripted events that cause some trouble:

- Louis and Francis are scripted to die/get removed from the map at around 7 minutes. if i am either Louis or Francis i get kicked from the game and get the console message 'Kicked By Console : CBaseEntity:InputKill()'. furthermore, Francis also teleports to a different part of the map at around 3min55.

- at two points: around 3min55 and 7mins respectively, Zoey is also scripted to teleport to a different part of the map. then at around 15min22(?) Zoey once again teleports to a different point before finally getting removed from the map with the same 'CBaseEntity:InputKill()' message.

hope this helps!
Well no worries, I actually edited my own stripper file to remove those that teleport/InputKill on l4d1 survivors.

The helms_deep_r26_survival.zip file is for the vscript file so if you're subscribing addon from steam workshop, you need to go to your addons/workshop folder and find that helms deep addon and you have to export the files from it and replace the vscript file inside the vscript folder and recompile it back to vpk file. Don't forget to unsubscribe the helm's deep from steam workshop just in case.
Attached Files
File Type: zip helms_deep_stripper_8.zip (998 Bytes, 274 views)
File Type: zip helms_deep_r26_survival.zip (2.2 KB, 273 views)

Last edited by Edison1318; 11-18-2020 at 00:40.
Send a message via Skype™ to Edison1318
swiftswing1
Old 11-18-2020 , 10:25   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #166

thanks edison, it works pretty much perfectly. however, there is one small issue that i've found:
there appears to be a trigger that teleports zoey/person playing her when the gate breaks, though it's not too bothersome.
just thought i'd let you guys know/anyone else who might want to use these fixes.

thanks again guys. much appreciated!

EDIT: teleporting zoey during gate break has been fixed by Tonblader. please see below.

Note:
Edison's fix removes the teleport/InputKill events on the l4d1 survivors. incorporating Tonblader's lines into Edison's stripper .cfg file will prevent l4d1 npcs from spawning at the beginning.
in short:
  • Edison's fix: keep l4d1 npcs w/ all 8 survivors (be wary of player zoey teleporting when gate breaks)
  • Edison vscript + Tonblader stripper config: remove l4d1 npcs altogether (recommended)
at least this was how it worked for me.
For reference, i use this version of helms deep.

Last edited by swiftswing1; 11-19-2020 at 02:21.
Tonblader
Old 11-18-2020 , 16:57   [L4D2] Stripperfix Helm's Deep
Reply With Quote #167

Quote:
there appears to be a trigger that teleports zoey/person playing her when the gate breaks, though it's not too bothersome.
Try this version, i add configuration of Edison1318 version.
This Stripper configuration is compatible with Helm's Deep -Fixed- workshop map.
Attached Files
File Type: zip helms_deep_r26 stripperfix v2.zip (1.6 KB, 242 views)

Last edited by Tonblader; 11-19-2020 at 08:03.
swiftswing1
Old 11-18-2020 , 23:22   Re: [L4D2] Stripperfix Helm's Deep
Reply With Quote #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonblader View Post
Try this version, i add configuration of Edison1318 version.
many thanks, Tonblader. zoey doesn't teleport anymore map seems to work flawlessly for all 8 survivors now.
Updated my previous post for some clarity.

Last edited by swiftswing1; 11-18-2020 at 23:23.
BTFighter
Old 11-21-2020 , 02:37   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtokuda View Post
Whenever more than four survivors enter a rescue vehicle, four more survivors are left behind. This gets worse in the hard hain campaign, when eight survivors enter the final boat and four stay behind and die. Is there any correction to keep the 8 survivors, without four being left behind?
I second this, is there a current way of fixing this?
Tonblader
Old 11-21-2020 , 13:10   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors For Windows [20/9/2018]
Reply With Quote #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFighter View Post
Spoiler
EDIT:
I edit this post, to warn that there is another post where they talk about the subject and published the stripper of all the maps to correct this error.
I'm not 100% sure.

cravenge stripperfix of all campaigns (Require Source:Stripper) (read the annotations inside the files .cfg, it is important)
Plugins: (I think they both do the same)

DeathChaos25 Plugin Fix
Crasher_3637 Plugin Fix (Require [L4D & L4D2] Left 4 DHooks Direct, i think this is better)

Last edited by Tonblader; 03-06-2021 at 00:48.