Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

NO Weapons on Spawn

Post New Thread Reply   

RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2013 , 20:20   NO Weapons on Spawn
Reply With Quote #1

does anyone else have this problem on there server where some times when a player spawns at the begging of the round with no weapons? then there just like suvillon then. I had this for some time now just didn't say anything till now.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 05-05-2013 , 22:32   Re: NO Weapons on Spawn
Reply With Quote #2

There is the problem where people don't have parts of their loadout or some attributes don't apply.
Old 05-06-2013 , 08:39   Re: NO Weapons on Spawn
Reply With Quote #3

There are a few reasons why this can happen. One is if your entity flags get reset (or if you get the notarget flag), and you are regenerated with new weapons, while still having screwed up entity flags. This will cause you to spawn without weapons. But, I do not think this will happen in ff2, as the round is refreshed, and your flags *should* be reset. I know it breaks them, and there's a simple fix.

Another possibility, and when I have noticed the issue the most, is in maps with arena_ logic. When a player disconnects as hale, or nobody is on one of the teams, you will see the waiting for players message. FF2 then assigns somone to blue, and they are spawned in ref pose, and do not receive weapons (sometimes no model). However, it re-equips them just as the round starts.

Last edited by friagram; 05-06-2013 at 08:40.
RavensBro
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2013 , 09:02   Re: NO Weapons on Spawn
Reply With Quote #4

so this is just some kind of a bug then? or something in that way so not much we can do about it then I take it?
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 05-06-2013 , 10:10   Re: NO Weapons on Spawn
Reply With Quote #5

You can always do something about it. FF2/Vsh code is really sloppy and inefficient. Find out what causes it, and fix it if it really bothers you. Most likely what's happening is ff2 is failing to initialize the round, and it's just moving somone over late, and then equipping them via some fallback method. That's just my guess. I haven't looked at it. But if you want to fix it, recode the plugin to do it a better way =S
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 05-07-2013 , 17:53   Re: NO Weapons on Spawn
Reply With Quote #6

I know personally that I spawned as a civilian heavy without any weapons. Switching Demo loadouts (Grenade Launcher-->Boots) caused me to go force-civilian, but I still had my weapons and could un-civ at any time.

Last edited by Wliu; 05-07-2013 at 17:53.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 05-08-2013 , 06:07   Re: NO Weapons on Spawn
Reply With Quote #7

Ff2 needs a function added to force clients to switch to a weapon slot if theirs was removed, because it currently does not always do it...

Honestly i dunno why this happens, is it because the item you had was not allowed and got removed? I thought these items got converted to stocks, so this would not happen.

So yeah, force client switch, or convert to stocks.