Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

View Poll Results: What do you think of this plugin?
Ugh no thank you! 1 12.50%
I'm not sure but I'll know when it's done 2 25.00%
Sounds good but I have ideas 2 25.00%
Yes plz 3 37.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

AdminPlz! - Summon an admin from in game and send push notifications

Post New Thread Reply   

jouva
Old 03-14-2018 , 13:10   AdminPlz! - Summon an admin from in game and send push notifications
Reply With Quote #1

Hi all!

I have this idea that I'm going to start working on. I'm more looking for feedback on feature ideas as well as if this is a good idea or not.

After I realized there is an extension for SM to allow for RESTful HTTP calls, I began to think how this could be utilized. I thought of simple thing that could send out a push notification to a phone. But why would one want that? Then I realized that players may desire an admin's help and an admin may wish to know when they're being summoned.

I am starting to work on and design this. I think there will be two models: Self-hosted and "cloud hosted" (meaning people pointing to a server I'd be running for everyone). It'll have the SourceMod plugin, web code and mobile apps.

Any ideas? Is this a shitty idea? Is this a GREAT idea? Let me know!
Obyboby
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2018 , 14:20   Re: AdminPlz! - Summon an admin from in game and send push notifications
Reply With Quote #2

I always wanted to be able to get updates from the server right to my phone, and the coolest thing would be to be able to interact with it (eg send console cmds).
My favorite messaging app is Telegram and I think it has great potential to be used for these things.
So far I've used the Discord plugin for CallAdmin, and I'm forwarding all the messages that are sent to Discord right to my Telegram group.

So it's like:

Player sends a !calladmin from the server -> plugin sends the notification to Discord if there are no admins on the server at the time of the report -> discord bot forwards the message to my servers staff's Telegram group -> we all see the report with details

Best thing would be to be able to interact back with the server (!kick player etc) but yeah idk if that is the purpose of your project.
Old 04-28-2018 , 14:11   Re: AdminPlz! - Summon an admin from in game and send push notifications
Reply With Quote #3

As a little update, I've been working on this project for the past couple of months.

While I have a product that seems to work for those needing only browser push notification support, I need to do more work. This includes some further and deeper testing, potential website UI/UX changes, mobile apps and the work to support said mobile apps on the site.

I hope to have this done by the end of May