Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules

Post New Thread Reply   

Benoist3012
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2015 , 03:45   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #161

Yes an mannvstank change the paylaod with a tank so we break the rules?
Old 04-13-2015 , 10:13   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #162

If you're running Mann vs. Tank, while the server is doing MvT then you need to have tf_server_identity_disable_quickplay set to 1.

I'm surprised most gamemodes don't handle this on their own.
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2015 , 16:48   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #163

Ok so this will added in my plugin, but what is going happen if valve discover yur server break the rules(sorry for this question, i have't see where valve action are said)
Old 04-13-2015 , 18:42   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #164

Why do you think you are breaking rules by running mann vs tank? If you are running ANY custom map you will NOT get quick play traffic. You don't need to set the cvar to opt out of quick play with a custom map.. steam will do that for you when it sees your non-official map.
Old 04-13-2015 , 18:51   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoist3012 View Post
Ok so this will added in my plugin, but what is going happen if valve discover yur server break the rules(sorry for this question, i have't see where valve action are said)
In theory, Valve can delist your server not just from quickplay, but also from the Master Server List... meaning that your server won't show up on the Internet tab of the server browser.

This is generally temporary.

Granted, Valve has been... enforcing it less since they made QuickPlay default to Valve servers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaiz View Post
Why do you think you are breaking rules by running mann vs tank? If you are running ANY custom map you will NOT get quick play traffic. You don't need to set the cvar to opt out of quick play with a custom map.. steam will do that for you when it sees your non-official map.
You're acting like Mann vs. Tank doesn't operate on standard payload maps, which is clearly false. The original imagery for Mann vs. Tank was using pl_frontier_final, which is shipped with the game and on Valve's QuickPlay list.
Veteran Member
Old 04-14-2015 , 11:56   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #166

Ok i will imediatly add tf_server_identity_disable_quickplay 0 in the plugin because Mann Vs Tank is played on every payload map.
Old 04-14-2015 , 13:48   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post

You're acting like Mann vs. Tank doesn't operate on standard payload maps, which is clearly false. The original imagery for Mann vs. Tank was using pl_frontier_final, which is shipped with the game and on Valve's QuickPlay list.
interesting
Old 05-25-2015 , 17:29   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #168

Interesting thing. If you do not have the game (for example CS:GO or DOD:s), https://api.steampowered.com/IGameSe...ateAccount/v1/ will return empty JSON.
Old 08-11-2015 , 22:10   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwanabe View Post
With the new valve class limits on TF2, can we do our own class limits now without being removed from quickplay?
Is this still a thing? I can't find any way to set this.
jpwanabe
Veteran Member
Old 08-11-2015 , 22:16   Re: Steam GameServer Accounts and new TF2 QuickPlay Rules
Reply With Quote #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATF_Griff View Post
Is this still a thing? I can't find any way to set this.
tf_classlimit