Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[REQ] Fixing "Unstable~Gravity"

Post New Thread Reply   

dangerix
Old 05-20-2010 , 09:48   [REQ] Fixing "Unstable~Gravity"
Reply With Quote #1

Hi. I found a plugin called " Unstable~Gravity" that is supposed to, well, change the gravity. However, the way it was provided it did not work flawlessly. I tried to fix it myself and asked in the plugin thread whether my fix would lead to any problems, but sadly I did not get a reply.

Since I already changed the code myself I am not quite sure if I should request a fix here or ask for help in "Scripting Help".

Here is the specific plugin:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1176525

And here is what I wrote there:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerix View Post
I tried the plugin and the "unstable gravity" does work with the run on roundstart mode (amx_gravround 1). However, with the loop mode (amx_gravloop 1) it does not. I looked into the code, but my basic understanding of scripting got even worse over the time. If amx_gravloop is activated, every amx_gravstab seconds the gravity should change - but it does not. I thought there might be something wrong with the set_task in line 137 that is supposed to be the timer for amx_gravstab:
PHP Code:
set_task(Gravity_Leveled_Time,"Pre_Generate",1,"",0,"a"0
There are more set_task in the code that use the "a" flag, but they are set to repeat once. This set_task is not, so I changed it to:
PHP Code:
set_task(Gravity_Leveled_Time,"Pre_Generate",1,"",0,"a"1
and it looks like it does work now. But as I said, my very little understanding of scripting became even less - so I would like someone competent to look over the code and my change, and to tell me that my change will work fine and does not produce any problems. Thanks in advance.