Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Sourcebans (version 1.4.11 fork for ban evasion edits)

Post New Thread Reply   

ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 12-16-2015 , 10:39   Re: TOGs Sourcebans (version 1.4.11.TOG_EDIT_d) Ban Evasion Edits
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4sard View Post
Hey,
I've this error:
Code:
[SM] Native "ReadPackString" reported: DataPack operation is out of bounds.
[SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "sourcebans.smx":
[SM]   [0]  Line 1109, C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\CSS\Server Builds\SM\addons\sourcemod\scripting\sourcebans.sp::VerifyInsert()
I'm pretty sure it's since sourcemod 1.7

Also i saw that gfl server are using sourceban version 1.4.11.TOG_EDIT_g when we only have version 1.4.11.TOG_EDIT_d over here.

So if this version _g is from you, could you release it ? and if not could you update it ?

ty.
Yea, I abandoned this plugin long ago, but i can post the last version on here if you want. It was all done in old SM syntax, so if SM 1.7 is causing an error, it will likely still be there. If I recall, VerifyInsert (referenced above) is a default part of the plugin, so I'd guess that the error existed in the main SB branch at one point. I think there are other versions out there that have more features to them (i.e. they were made 1.5.x), hence me not caring about this one. I'm at work, so I'll check back on this later...
Old 02-15-2016 , 14:38   Re: TOGs Sourcebans (version 1.4.11.TOG_EDIT_d) Ban Evasion Edits
Reply With Quote #42

Is there any way to disable checking IP for bans? I want to.
Much appreciated.

Or how does the IP check for ban thing work exactly? If it just does logging it's fine i guess.

Last edited by living computer; 02-15-2016 at 15:15. Reason: Clarified my question
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2016 , 16:19   Re: TOGs Sourcebans (version 1.4.11.TOG_EDIT_d) Ban Evasion Edits
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by living computer View Post
Is there any way to disable checking IP for bans? I want to.
Much appreciated.

Or how does the IP check for ban thing work exactly? If it just does logging it's fine i guess.
Edit the source code to remove it? It isnt a toggle and I dont support this plugin anymore due to many other forks out there now including family sharing and IP ban support. This one still has a couple of other features in the newer versions (not taken the time to upload them), but it isnt worth supporting the plugin when there are so many other forks with those two features.
Old 02-15-2016 , 16:38   Re: TOGs Sourcebans (version 1.4.11.TOG_EDIT_d) Ban Evasion Edits
Reply With Quote #44

But can you tell me how the ip check thing works?
Does it actually block you if you try to connect with a same IP but different Steam account (completly different, when you buy the actual game again) or does it just log?
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 02-15-2016 , 18:42   Re: TOGs Sourcebans (version 1.4.11.TOG_EDIT_d) Ban Evasion Edits
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
But can you tell me how the ip check thing works?
Does it actually block you if you try to connect with a same IP but different Steam account (completly different, when you buy the actual game again) or does it just log?
It adds a new ban, assuming that the player is avoiding bans using alt accounts.
Old 02-20-2016 , 22:05   Re: TOGs Sourcebans (version 1.4.11.TOG_EDIT_d) Ban Evasion Edits
Reply With Quote #46

Can you tell me how i edit out the source code to remove the ip ban check?
Would be much appreciated.

Last edited by living computer; 02-20-2016 at 22:05.
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 02-21-2016 , 00:23   Re: TOGs Sourcebans (version 1.4.11.TOG_EDIT_d) Ban Evasion Edits
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Can you tell me how i edit out the source code to remove the ip ban check?
Would be much appreciated.
Here it is with it commented out....I didnt update the depreciated "GetClientAuthString" syntax since it still works and isnt fully depreciated. Again, I'd recommend using a 1.5.x fork or a 2.x fork, since they are supported and this plugin is no longer supported. I've added links to those two in the OP, and I've seen forks of each of them that have many of the pieces that this incorporated.
Attached Files
File Type: smx sourcebans.smx (36.5 KB, 146 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sourcebans.sp - 160 views - 81.3 KB)

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 02-21-2016 at 00:24.