Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

EmitSoundAny - Cross-game sound emitting (aka CS:GO compatible) (1.0.2, 2014-03-19)

Post New Thread Reply   

Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-25-2014 , 17:29   Re: EmitSoundAny - Cross-game sound emitting (aka CS:GO compatible) (1.0.2, 2014-03-1
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jargon View Post
No just the fakeprecache sound method with the * before the filename. I may have foolishly saved over the changed version I made but I'll try to replicate it.

Just to be sure, even though my sounds aren't in the music folder I tried adjusting the music volume which made no difference, and tried to change the SNDLEVEL in the include which also didn't increase it at all.
That's weird, this should be functionally identical to the method you were using.
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-25-2014 , 17:43   Re: EmitSoundAny - Cross-game sound emitting (aka CS:GO compatible) (1.0.2, 2014-03-1
Reply With Quote #12

Actually after testing with the original plugin, it seems like it's only some audio files. Checking them with mediainfo shows they're all encoded identically (all mp3's, same bitrate, same sampling rate) yet play at vastly different volumes.

I'll try to replicate with the normal volume sounds using this include and compare like for like. Do you know why some sounds would be quiet though?

Edit: Sorry it's hard to tell as the plugin picks sounds at random to play at the end, but it seems there's a mixed success rate with either method. Is there a file size limit to fake precaching a sound? That's the only discriminating factor between any of my audio files. What plays consistently works, and what doesn't play consistently doesn't.

All sounds can be played in WinAMP, WMP, iTunes and VLC so there's nothing iffy about the files.

Last edited by Jargon; 03-25-2014 at 17:56.
Jargon
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-26-2014 , 02:59   Re: EmitSoundAny - Cross-game sound emitting (aka CS:GO compatible) (1.0.2, 2014-03-1
Reply With Quote #13

Interestingly enough they play at normal levels on CS:S using the original, non-quirk, version of the plugin.
zozo1121
Old 07-17-2014 , 12:16   Re: EmitSoundAny - Cross-game sound emitting (aka CS:GO compatible) (1.0.2, 2014-03-1
Reply With Quote #14

Hi!

I found this page because i searched to a problem because my cs go server has a admin sound plugin and if i want to play a sound the following problem has cought me : Failed to load sound file can't create mixer!

And i found this site for a solution...... and i just don't know whato to do this codes or what this emitting thing.... i'm lost...... so can someone help me to fix this? snd_rebuildaudiocache is not working
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 07-17-2014 , 14:29   Re: EmitSoundAny - Cross-game sound emitting (aka CS:GO compatible) (1.0.2, 2014-03-1
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by zozo1121 View Post
Hi!

I found this page because i searched to a problem because my cs go server has a admin sound plugin and if i want to play a sound the following problem has cought me : Failed to load sound file can't create mixer!

And i found this site for a solution...... and i just don't know whato to do this codes or what this emitting thing.... i'm lost...... so can someone help me to fix this? snd_rebuildaudiocache is not working
Well, this thread is actually about a tool for plugin developers: EmitSoundAny. If you acquired your plugin from someone else, then you should post something in the forum/thread where you got the plugin. If you wrote your own plugin, you should probably post the code in a new thread in the Sourcemod "Scripting" forum here at AlliedModders. If nothing else, post the problem in the Sourcemod "General" forum. This is all assuming you are running Sourcemod...if not, you are completely in the wrong area of the forums.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
Bara
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-18-2014 , 10:16   Re: EmitSoundAny - Cross-game sound emitting (aka CS:GO compatible) (1.0.2, 2014-03-1
Reply With Quote #16

I've added StopSoundAny (because StopSound not work in csgo..) and works fine with csgo (other games untested).
Attached Files
File Type: inc emitsoundany.inc (5.4 KB, 441 views)
Discord (Bara#5006) | My Plugins (GitHub)
You like my work? Support is not a crime.

Last edited by Bara; 07-18-2014 at 11:49.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-18-2014 , 11:41   Re: EmitSoundAny - Cross-game sound emitting (aka CS:GO compatible) (1.0.2, 2014-03-1
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bara View Post
I've added StopSoundAny (because StopSound not work in csgo..) and works fine with csgo (other games untested).
I would have thought StopSound would have the same problem as EmitSound in that you'd need to put a * in front of the sound name in order to stop it.

For that matter, wouldn't playing the same sound again on a different channel with 0.0 volume not actually stop it?

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-18-2014 at 11:41.
Bara
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-18-2014 , 11:51   Re: EmitSoundAny - Cross-game sound emitting (aka CS:GO compatible) (1.0.2, 2014-03-1
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
I would have thought StopSound would have the same problem as EmitSound in that you'd need to put a * in front of the sound name in order to stop it.
Oh right, you're right. I've updated it.
Discord (Bara#5006) | My Plugins (GitHub)
You like my work? Support is not a crime.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-18-2014 , 11:54   Re: EmitSoundAny - Cross-game sound emitting (aka CS:GO compatible) (1.0.2, 2014-03-1
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bara View Post
Oh right, you're right. I've updated it.
Except now it assumes the sound is playing on channel 1 (which is )

Besides, I've wrote a version after I saw your first version.

Having said that, there is one problem with it... you should only use StopSoundAny on sounds you've emitted with EmitSoundAny as sounds emitted by the game engine won't necessarily start with * as they're not subject to the CS:GO Quirks restrictions.
Attached Files
File Type: inc emitsoundany.inc (6.0 KB, 549 views)

Last edited by Powerlord; 07-18-2014 at 11:56.
Pohearts
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-01-2014 , 08:29   Re: EmitSoundAny - Cross-game sound emitting (aka CS:GO compatible) (1.0.2, 2014-03-1
Reply With Quote #20

Somehow the compiler crashed when i compile it :/
possibly i'm using SM 1.7..
i will have to go for traditional way to EmitSound for csgo then ..

Last edited by Pohearts; 10-01-2014 at 08:37.