Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Bug Report [Sourceban++] I can't unban a permanently banned person

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
LeonhartM47
Old 06-17-2021 , 10:17   [Sourceban++] I can't unban a permanently banned person
Reply With Quote #1

I have attempted to unban somebody and it won't allow the process to complete - it shows "Permanent (Unbanned)" but still blocks the player from joining the server due to still being banned;

I've tested the banning function for my own account and removed my admin and it worked fine...
however when I attempted to remove a specific person's ban from both the webpanel and/or rcon & in-server command... the process works and the entry is removed from the webpanel [I'm assuming the problematic one has been removed from the database but I haven't actually got access to it].

The strange thing is that in "deleted_user.cfg" the entry which has been removed from the database still exists; I attempted to manually remove it from the above file and when it resyncs... it appears back in the file again.

I believe it's either an erroneous entry in the database resyncing back to the file
or
the file is somehow being updated via another means or method that I'm not aware of.

as an additional note the player in question's steamid was imported from the old list and the import errored and the script needed to be amended to allow the import to complete... I'm not sure if this is relevant... but adds to the possibility of a database entry corruption of some sort... but currently unable to check since I haven't got direct access to the database.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Leonhart

Last edited by LeonhartM47; 06-17-2021 at 11:34.