3% 

FPS Boost

Post New Thread Reply   

sslice
Old 01-22-2006 , 13:17  
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre31
think it needs recompiling for sourcemm update because my server kept crashing with this running
Are you sure it isn't something else? It seems to run fine for me. Has anyone else had problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzz0
how to install it?
You need SourceMM first... then install it like any other plugin:
http://wiki.tcwonline.org/index.php/...uring_SourceMM
Old 01-24-2006 , 16:07  
Reply With Quote #12

senks all... I have downloaded incorrect file =) now it is ok!
bzz0
Old 01-24-2006 , 17:00  
Reply With Quote #13

one more question is:
should I run it on every server on my machine or only once on one of them?
sslice
Old 01-24-2006 , 17:03  
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzz0
one more question is:
should I run it on every server on my machine or only once on one of them?
It would probably be fine to run on just one of them, but test to make sure.
Old 03-28-2006 , 11:32  
Reply With Quote #15

My server provider said we cannot run this on the server Violates their TOS)

You Cannot:
"Run a "ping booster", "ping accelerator" or other such utility which enables the multimedia timer on the server machine, as these can cause significantly increased latencies and load times for all servers on the machine and disrupt additional services such as stats"
Gitsum1
Old 03-28-2006 , 22:25  
Reply With Quote #16

Ha, not only that, it dramatically increases CPU load which probably the real reason.
Without the media timer goin, a guy could probably have 10 or more instances of srcds.exe running. But with the media timer, maybe 2.
DemonSlayer
Old 04-25-2006 , 00:20   You are underestimateing servers.
Reply With Quote #17

WOW if you think with Mindows Media Player(MMP) open that it reduces the number from your example 10 to 2 you must be majoily underestimateing.
The player dosnt have to be playing anything at all for one.
Also MMP at idel takes .5% of a 3.2ghz processor and 4mb ram. I can have on my home computer a full CS:S Server (16 Players) w/ tick of 100 going, CS:S running on that server, Meta mod with Mani running, and World of Warcraft running and playing on both in windowed mode for easy swap games. Running at 75% of my total ram(Not including the HD space it gives), and XFIRE, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and having iTunes open with music playing without that server laging and only having my processor running at 93% load. And all that play wow know when your in Iron Fourge(IF) tha it is a very memory and CPU hog. So I dont beleave that 10 to 2 comment.

Also both other than this websites downloads link are down might wana upload it to Fileplanet and mabe make a area on rapidshare.de for it and give links.
sslice
Old 04-25-2006 , 17:35  
Reply With Quote #18

There are plenty of mirrors provided, including the forum.
Old 04-25-2006 , 19:17   Re: You are underestimateing servers.
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonSlayer
WOW if you think with Mindows Media Player(MMP) open that it reduces the number from your example 10 to 2 you must be majoily underestimateing.
The player dosnt have to be playing anything at all for one.
Also MMP at idel takes .5% of a 3.2ghz processor and 4mb ram. I can have on my home computer a full CS:S Server (16 Players) w/ tick of 100 going, CS:S running on that server, Meta mod with Mani running, and World of Warcraft running and playing on both in windowed mode for easy swap games. Running at 75% of my total ram(Not including the HD space it gives), and XFIRE, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and having iTunes open with music playing without that server laging and only having my processor running at 93% load. And all that play wow know when your in Iron Fourge(IF) tha it is a very memory and CPU hog. So I dont beleave that 10 to 2 comment.

Also both other than this websites downloads link are down might wana upload it to Fileplanet and mabe make a area on rapidshare.de for it and give links.
You aren't understanding the problem, at all. Opening WMP plays with one of the timers in windows. Without WMP, srcds is capped at 64 fps, unless you get another program to play with this value. Enabling this timer removes the 64 fps limit. No fps limit means increasing CPU usage, meaning you can't run as many srcds instances on one machine.
Old 04-25-2006 , 19:23  
Reply With Quote #20

The statement that only 2 can run on one server is definitely exaggerated, but yes it will obviously use more CPU when you get higher FPS...