Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved AMBUILD Compile Errors

Post New Thread Reply   

WhiteFang1319
Old 01-28-2018 , 07:54   AMBUILD Compile Errors
Reply With Quote #1

Hello.
There's a pull request for AmxModX I was curious about so I wanted to try it: https://github.com/alliedmodders/amxmodx/pull/472
Since the author didn't reply to the file changes by contributors it wasn't merged into the main branch.
So I wanted to try it out myself and followed this tutorial to first compile a normal amxmodx: https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Building_AMX_Mod_X ( Using Linux )
Everything worked fine and it compiled.

To merge the pull request with the normal amxmodx which I had download, I used this command
Code:
git pull origin pull/472/head
The merge was done successfully. Now I tried building it but it started getting errors.
I got an error about am-string.h file which I solved by this : ( Link: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2447564 )
Quote:
Originally Posted by KliPPy View Post
Using git would be much easier because amtl is a submodule of amxmodx. Try copying the whole amtl repository into amxmodx/public/amtl. If you had git, you would be required only to run one command to automatically download it where it belongs.
Also, you don't have to build AMTL, it's consisting only of headers, what you are trying to compile are test cases.

By the way, what's the reason you don't want to use git?
Now I am getting different errors but I have no idea how to solve it.
Code:
[9607] c++ -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Werror -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-unused -Wno-switch -Wno-format -Wno-format-security -m32 -fvisibility=hidden -Wno-narrowing -Wno-unused-result -Wno-error=sign-compare -Wno-parentheses -O2 -g3 -ggdb3 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -std=c++11 -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -Wno-delete-non-virtual-dtor -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -DNDEBUG -D_LINUX -DPOSIX -DLINUX -DAMX_NOPROPLIST -DPAWN_CELL_SIZE=32 -DAMXMODX_BUILD -DAMXX_USE_VERSIONLIB -DHAVE_STDINT_H -I /root/amxmodx/public -I /root/amxmodx/public/sdk -I /root/amxmodx/public/amtl -I /root/amxmodx/public/amtl/amtl -I /root/amxmodx/public/memtools -I /root/amxmodx/third_party -I /root/amxmodx/third_party/hashing -I /root/amxmodx/third_party/zlib -I /root/amxmodx/third_party/utf8rewind -I /root/amxmodx/modules/json -I /root/amxmodx/modules/json/sdk -I /root/metamod-am/metamod -I /root/hlsdk/common -I /root/hlsdk/dlls -I /root/hlsdk/engine -I /root/hlsdk/game_shared -I /root/hlsdk/public -I /root/hlsdk/pm_shared -I /root/amxmodx/third_party/parson -H -c /root/amxmodx/modules/json/JsonNatives.cpp -o JsonNatives.o
In file included from /root/amxmodx/modules/json/JsonNatives.cpp:14:0:
/root/amxmodx/modules/json/JsonMngr.h:18:31: fatal error: amtl/am-uniqueptr.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

Last edited by WhiteFang1319; 01-28-2018 at 09:09. Reason: Solved
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-28-2018 , 08:29   Re: AMBUILD Compile Errors
Reply With Quote #2

Your AMTL version likely doesn't match what AMXX is expecting, you really should clone the amxmodx repo with `--recursive` (or use `git submodule init && git submodule update`) to have it download the correct submodule changeset itself.
Old 01-28-2018 , 09:09   Re: AMBUILD Compile Errors
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by asherkin View Post
Your AMTL version likely doesn't match what AMXX is expecting, you really should clone the amxmodx repo with `--recursive` (or use `git submodule init && git submodule update`) to have it download the correct submodule changeset itself.
Thank you. The build was successful. Since I had downloaded the AMXX directly from github I did use the git commands for submodule.