Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.4.2) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown

Post New Thread Reply   

kpaxian
Old 11-23-2010 , 19:21   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #161

Hey guys,
I have everything working with 18 slots versus, but I can only connect to my server with the console. It wont show up in the SteamGroup servers list. It did before I added any slot mods. I'm running a linux debian 5 server, latest stable Sourcemod and 1.9 metamod. I've tried running it with and without L4DToolz. All these maxclient cvars are a bit wtf. Heres part of my config, maybe its someting in here?

Any help appreciated. (I've tried the link on this thread to the latest Linux build as well. )
Cheers, kpax

l4d_maxplayers 18
//sm_cvar l4d_maxplayers 18
sv_allow_lobby_connect_only 0
z_difficulty hard
sv_gametype "versus"
mp_gamemode "versus"
sm_cvar mp_gamemode "versus"
sm_cvar sb_all_bot_game 1
sm_cvar vs_max_team_switches 3
sm_cvar sv_gametype versus
sm_cvar sv_maxplayers 18
sm_cvar sv_removehumanlimit 1
sm_cvar sv_unlock_sb_add 1
sm_cvar sv_force_unreserved 1
sm_unreserve
sv_maxplayers 18
sv_steamgroup XXXXXX
sv_steamgroup_exclusive 0
Skorpion1976
Veteran Member
Old 11-24-2010 , 01:40   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #162

Hi
1. sv_gametype does not exist. Itīs sv_gametypes (plural).
2. Why do you use BOTH toolz and downtown for slot patching at the same time? Either or.
3. Are you a member of at least 1 steamgroup of the corresponding cvar ?
4. You have this "setmaster add hl2master.steampowered.com" in your server.cfg ?
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 11-25-2010 , 18:27   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshalZCC View Post
I'm curious if there is a hook for catching when a survivor bot teleports? There are some instances where I'd like to permit this (ie. when it gets stuck), but others where I'd like to disallow this (ie. when it teleports half-way across the map to a human player).
For the record, i did check and the answer is no. The teleporting functions are purely virtual and thus cannot be hacked into.
MarshalZCC
Old 11-26-2010 , 13:06   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #164

Thanks for taking the time to look into this. I will try and solve it with a different method.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-26-2010 , 15:16   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
For the record, i did check and the answer is no. The teleporting functions are purely virtual and thus cannot be hacked into.
Anything in the engine or server can be hooked into, it's just a matter of work.
If you are seeing the functions in IDA as __cxa_pure_virtual it means you are looking at the wrong class, find a class that implements that one.

EDIT: If that still eludes you, you can sigscan for the function or use the symbol just fine.

Last edited by asherkin; 11-26-2010 at 15:19.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 11-26-2010 , 16:53   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #166

Let me rephrase: The relevant functions only have vtable xrefs (and no strings or unique features), which means they could only be 'found' using Offsets. Now Offsets for CTerrorPlayer::Teleport are no problem, and we could detour that, but it wouldnt help us at all.

We need a more specific function like Survivorbot::Teleport, and Sourcemod does not provide an Offset template for that class.
ProdigySim
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 11-26-2010 , 18:46   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #167

I'm not sure what exactly is being asked for by MarshalZCC, but there's no reason we can't detour CTerrorPlayer::Teleport and use it to identify survivor bots teleporting.
MarshalZCC
Old 11-26-2010 , 21:26   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigySim View Post
I'm not sure what exactly is being asked for by MarshalZCC, but there's no reason we can't detour CTerrorPlayer::Teleport and use it to identify survivor bots teleporting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshalZCC
I'm curious if there is a hook for catching when a survivor bot teleports? There are some instances where I'd like to permit this (ie. when it gets stuck), but others where I'd like to disallow this (ie. when it teleports half-way across the map to a human player).
Basically, I want to block the teleport based on distance. There are also some modifications I have that give survivors airborne abilities. Having the survivor bots teleport mid-air is less than desirable. I realize that there are some instances where survivor bot teleportation is necessary though, such as when they get stuck. It would be nice to hook this and allow/disallow the teleportation based on certain criteria.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 11-27-2010 , 07:26   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #169

It's too generic IMO. Defining 'stuck' is a complicated issue, and i believe L4D already never teleports unless the Bots navigation cant compute a path to the human Survivors (== stuck).

So, if we were to block Teleport if CTerrorPlayer is a Survivor Bot and a distance away from the target, the Bot would probably simply remain where it is, and not move toward the human on foot like Marshal hopes.
kpaxian
Old 11-27-2010 , 12:28   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown 2 (0.5.2.3) - L4D2 Only, Updated Left4Downtown
Reply With Quote #170

*EDIT*
So after reading 88 pages of L4D Superversus, I see the problem is with that plugin and seems no solution. It seems like some people are lucky and it works and others get the raw deal.

hi guys,
Been trying to get my versus server set up a for a few days now and have one major problem thats holding me up.

The problem is that the first round of survivors spawn with all weapons, health and ammo, but when the next round starts, and the second lot of survivors spawn, they have nothing - no weapons, health or ammo.

I had a bunch of other plugins running, so I removed everything and left only L4D2 Downtown, and L4D Super versus. I tried with and without L4DToolz and still the problem remains.

So I tried the other L4D Downtown, and that was worse - the second set of survivors only spawn with 2 players (there were 2 humans testing).

So I've put this version back on.

The server is Linux Debian 5.0. It's a private server, not a game host.

Is it something to do with: left4downtown.l4d2.txt ?

Im using the one from the 1st post in this thread.

Any help appreciated guys.
Thanks
Pax

Last edited by kpaxian; 11-28-2010 at 10:54.