Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?

Post New Thread Reply   

Lee
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-19-2008 , 09:08   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #21

His question does however raise the issue of whether you can change the port that the WAP server uses. It would appear not. Such a feature would be a useful addition for those either already using port 80, those who are unable to use port 80 (ISP restrictions) or those who do not wish to to use ports that are routinely scanned.

You guys seem to think that this is a good idea, but out of curiosity, why? At what point would you have a pressing need to administer your server when away from your PC?

Last edited by Lee; 03-19-2008 at 09:12.
SCHWEDEN
Old 03-19-2008 , 09:42   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamiKaitou View Post
SCHWEDEN: You really are dense aren't you... Try it and you will see if it works for you. If you looked at the most recent screeshot, you would see that it would still work regardless your question you just asked

Well if you couldnt figure out that I tried it and it didnt work for me, now you know. As i said, when I browse to my computers IP on the phone, I come to my website since I host both the cs-servers and a website on it. What I was asking was if there is another way to do it in my case or ill just have to live without it. Sorry if it is a stupid question for you but for me it isnt. And now i know it was because it was using port 80.

Cheers Lee

Send a message via MSN to SCHWEDEN
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-19-2008 , 10:47   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
His question does however raise the issue of whether you can change the port that the WAP server uses. It would appear not. Such a feature would be a useful addition for those either already using port 80, those who are unable to use port 80 (ISP restrictions) or those who do not wish to to use ports that are routinely scanned.
Added option to change port, problem solved. New version is in above post.

Quote:
You guys seem to think that this is a good idea, but out of curiosity, why? At what point would you have a pressing need to administer your server when away from your PC?
I didn't really make this to "administer a server;" from that perspective I agree with you. It was made solely to send a map change command while away but while in the works I decided to allow it to receive a server response which opened the doors to do any RCON command and see the result. I made this for myself because I run podbot and I have a few maps that I do not have waypoints for. I prefer to have my server on a map with bots on it if there aren't any real players playing and this allows me to change maps while away.

Last edited by Bugsy; 03-19-2008 at 11:57.
Jheshka
Old 03-19-2008 , 13:50   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
So I can ban people from my server from school
Old 03-19-2008 , 15:28   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #25

and also from the pub....
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-20-2008 , 22:35   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #26

I posted a new release in the above thread that allows you to specify WAP port. I also did a few minor fixes.
Old 03-21-2008 , 11:18   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #27

Cheers bugsy, gonna test this out tonight.
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 03-21-2008 , 11:53   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #28

I was having a problem with connecting on a port other then 80. I was trying via my phone browser using address format http : // 255.255.255.255 : PORT (purposely spaced out to avoid forum formatting) but it would not work. Thinking I coded something wrong in the wap server, I opened a TCP socket terminal and was able to connect to the WAP server on any port so it must be either my phone browser not allowing me to specify port or there is a different way to specify a port in the browser. Let me know if you guys get it to work on port != 80.

Last edited by Bugsy; 03-21-2008 at 11:57.
ehha
SourceMod Donor
Old 04-19-2009 , 19:18   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #29

msvbmv60.dll or msvbvm60.dll?
I have the 2nd one.
The program runs but does not connect to the server.

Last edited by ehha; 04-19-2009 at 19:26.
Jheshka
Old 04-21-2009 , 00:05   Re: Does anyone have interest in a WAP RCON server tool?
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehha View Post
msvbmv60.dll or msvbvm60.dll?
I have the 2nd one.
The program runs but does not connect to the server.
Install the run times + frame works.