Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

(Fixed) Ajax call failed error; spam on top of webpanel

Post New Thread Reply   

FlubberDunkies
Old 01-17-2017 , 18:58   (Fixed) Ajax call failed error; spam on top of webpanel
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,
i had recently just installed SourceBans onto my server, and for some reason, when i access the admin webpanel, this pops up:
Code:
Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; CSystemLog has a deprecated constructor in C:\Apache24\htdocs\sourcebans\includes\CSystemLog.php on line 16

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; CUserManager has a deprecated constructor in C:\Apache24\htdocs\sourcebans\includes\CUserManager.php on line 16

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADODB_Cache_File has a deprecated constructor in C:\Apache24\htdocs\sourcebans\includes\adodb\adodb.inc.php on line 263

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADOConnection has a deprecated constructor in C:\Apache24\htdocs\sourcebans\includes\adodb\adodb.inc.php on line 359

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet has a deprecated constructor in C:\Apache24\htdocs\sourcebans\includes\adodb\adodb.inc.php on line 2919

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ADORecordSet_array has a deprecated constructor in C:\Apache24\htdocs\sourcebans\includes\adodb\adodb.inc.php on line 3937

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Smarty has a deprecated constructor in C:\Apache24\htdocs\sourcebans\includes\smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 64

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; xajax has a deprecated constructor in C:\Apache24\htdocs\sourcebans\includes\xajax.inc.php on line 75

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; xajaxResponse has a deprecated constructor in C:\Apache24\htdocs\sourcebans\includes\xajaxResponse.inc.php on line 68
Error]]>Error retrieving latest release.]]>
It seems benign as far as I'm aware, but its just annoying and I'd like to rid of it. Along with for some reason at the top of the webpanel, it looks like this:

Anyone mind helping me? Thanks.

Edit:

Nevermind, its not benign, so far when i load a page and it either is the admin page, or has my server querying its data, it pops up. It so far seems to not be able to connect to my server which doesn't make much sense, and it just says "Querying server data..." and nothing else. Anyone mind helping? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by FlubberDunkies; 01-20-2017 at 13:07. Reason: Fixed
FlubberDunkies
Old 01-20-2017 , 13:06   Re: Ajax call failed error; spam on top of webpanel
Reply With Quote #2

Fixed it, downgrading to PHP 5.6 fixed both issues. PHP 7.0 is insanely buggy, i wouldn't recommend using it. I had issues even with my own website with programming it.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 01-20-2017 , 20:25   Re: Ajax call failed error; spam on top of webpanel
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlubberDunkies View Post
Fixed it, downgrading to PHP 5.6 fixed both issues. PHP 7.0 is insanely buggy, i wouldn't recommend using it. I had issues even with my own website with programming it.
The development of SourceBans started years ago, and for the past while what's happened with it is second to nothing. It was built using older PHP versions, that's why you don't see (much) errors on old versions.

When you upgrade systems, it could for example be from Windows XP to Vista, Vista to 7, or even 7 to 10,- quite a lot of things will break. This doesn't mean that the system is "buggy".

SourceBans uses some deprecated functions that will soon go out of PHP, SourceBans is the reason to your issues, as it uses old and deprecated functions.

SourceBans simply needs to be updated in order to run properly (error/warning free) with newer PHP versions.

If I buy a car, it doesn't mean that the car is buggy just because it won't drive as fast as I wanted it to do. Or does it?

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
FlubberDunkies
Old 01-21-2017 , 13:53   Re: (Fixed) Ajax call failed error; spam on top of webpanel
Reply With Quote #4

Oh no what i mean by that is that i noticed some of my scripting doesn't work in PHP 7.0 and my server ended up glitching out sometimes due to 7.0. It could just be how i scripted things and php 7.0 may have removed and altered features with scripting.