Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Fake Rcon [API] - Run command in server and get the output as string [Module-less]

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Admin Commands       
Th3822
Old 08-05-2020 , 18:08   Fake Rcon [API] - Run command in server and get the output as string [Module-less]
Reply With Quote #1

As the title says with this plugin you can run commands on the server's console and get their output as string for use on plugins.
Probably useful for those new "chat bridge" plugins, to make your own "Fake Rcon" to the server via that bridge.

It works by using the HLDS's condebug command and it's output file qconsole.log, without the need of Orpheu or any other module.

Without Orpheu, signatures, sockets or .so/.dll files, just a plugin:
Compile, upload and it's ready to use

It also includes a demo plugin: an alternative to amx_showrcon (that no longer works since the new anti-slowhack updates), using this API.

F.A.Q.:
  • Why?: After noticing that the Orpheu method crashes with some very specific commands (users), i did a test with condebug to see if it was capable of replace it, and this is the polished result.
  • When using it, "[822]" appears on the server console: As there is no better(?) way to check if condebug is enabled, i need to send a non empty message to test if the file is created or not.
  • I already have condebug enabled, will not work/delete my logfile?: The plugin already checks for it, renames the original file while working then places it back after running the command. (Can be disabled with the cvar: fakercon_keepoldlog)
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (fake_rcon.sma - 209 views - 13.0 KB)
File Type: inc fake_rcon.inc (3.2 KB, 105 views)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (amx_showrcon2.sma - 191 views - 1.3 KB)
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2020 , 23:49   Re: Fake Rcon [API] - Run command in server and get the output as string [Module-less
Reply With Quote #2

Clever.