Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.32c (26 jun 2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

Keistas
Old 05-28-2011 , 07:36   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.31
Reply With Quote #291

Hi, hunter.

Can you do that:
I want who have admin, set respawn time 7 seconds, player respawn time 10 seconds.
You know what I mean?
Hunter-Digital
Veteran Member
Old 05-28-2011 , 08:10   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.31
Reply With Quote #292

I won't do that, sorry.
Old 06-02-2011, 17:16
MuzzMikkel
This message has been deleted by Exolent[jNr]. Reason: Spam
drumzplaya13
Old 06-04-2011 , 12:34   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.31
Reply With Quote #293

Tried with bots: the bots arent able to play, they spawn and immediately disappear and spawn somewhere else, they spawned the whole time over and over again. NOT able to play any map. It happened in both spawns. I do have many plugins so they could be conflicting but I thought I would point it out.

Both CT and T glow red on person and have an under glow of BLUE, so that is something you want to fix maybe.

I set all variables to 0 for rewards and I get this message still in game and console: [CTF] reward : for killing. In the .sma it says to set all of those numbers to 0 to disable it so when I kill someone that message shouldnt even pop up.

------

Is there anyway to disable the chat messages or the HUD messages telling you how much rewards, frags and cash you get? or the messages that all have [ctf] in chat. They are unneeded and get really annoying. Maybe a cvar to turn them all off rather then searching in the .sma for them...

How would I disable respawn altogether with this plugin. I have a separate plugin which deals with it.

Is there anyway to change 'game type' to something different? Especially because I am not running this on 1.6, so it doesnt make sense.

Can you put a cvar to change all players sound to the same level? Or do that plus still have the personal player sound volume clcmd if they want it lowered or shut off. I personally want everyone to hear it automatically instead of telling every single person to turn it on to make the game more fun...

Thanks

Last edited by drumzplaya13; 06-05-2011 at 03:21.
Hunter-Digital
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2011 , 05:36   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.31
Reply With Quote #294

Podbot ?
Quote:
they spawn and immediately disappear and spawn somewhere else
That doesn't sound like my plugin, you should try disabling your other respawn plugin.

Well, there are some issues with bots when they spawn the first time (I tested with podbot), you need to restart round after all bots are joined because their team is unknown first time they join, that's why there's the confusing glow on them.

But what do you mean "they glow red and have under glow of blue" ?
AFAIK, a player can't have two glows on him.

About the messages... all chat messages have the prefix and I think all of them are actually required to inform the players of wtf is going on... what messages do you think aren't needed ?
The reward messages are center messages, barely visible, I don't know why you would want them disabled.

About respawn, why use another plugin that only respawns people ?
Still, I'm gonna add cvar options that would allow disabling respawn, protection and some other stuff.

About gametype... oh lol. xD I'll make autodetect on CS / CZ then.

About sounds... I can't do that, it's slowhacking, players need to alter their settings themselves.
You should tell them to use /help (the mod already does that when you join), there they'll find that they can use a command named "/sounds".
Old 06-05-2011 , 11:42   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.31
Reply With Quote #295

I was not using pot bots. I was using bots from the actual game.

My friend and I tested. On our screens we glow red, as in first person view of ourselves. But then we both had a blue spotlight effect glow on us. As in looking at each other, we were both blue. So there were 2 different colors being shown to both of us. Your own picture on plugin: http://img831.**************/img831/208/dedust20061.jpg red glow on person, blue on floor of person. That was like us, on both teams with flag.

I just dont like any of the messages, as in any of the messages that pop up with the
"[CTF]" prefix on it in chat or in console, for adrenaline, rewards, the hud messages showing money, frags and rewards for stealing flag, killing players, etc. Not needed for what I am trying to do, so its just an annoyance. I disabled rewards yet I still get the messages, then I attempted to delete text in the lang txt file and I knew that wouldnt work but I did it anyway and I get ML errors.

Like this:
[ CTF ] Reward: for stealing the enemy flag
I turned rewards off. I shouldnt even get this message at all.... Yet I still do in a little chat message in the hud display. Then people will start asking about rewards when they are disabled and it gets complicated to explain to every single person.

I plan on doing a multimod server so having one respawn plugin that deals with all of them, instead of the one built into it makes it easier to handle them all.

Game type, I would just like to change it to whatever I wanted. I dont think the game type plugin will overwrite this plugin though to change it if I needed to use it.

I didnt know having sounds play to everyone would be slowhacking, because every other mod has it. Binding someones keys to "adrenaline" would be slowhacking, but your not binding anyones keys for sound since you can make it louder in your plugin altogether and people will still have the option to change it with /sounds if they want. I just dont want to sit there and tell every single person, hey, to enhance the game play type /help /sounds. Most people dont read an motd, or type /help in a new server. So sitting on my computer 24/7 and making sure everyone knows about it is a waste of time and then if people cant hear it immediately it lessens the mod play IMO.

It also is an annoyance on every single map (what if a server had 30 maps for ctf), to change your /sounds settings on EVERY map, just to enjoy the game more.

Anyway to get rid of this from popping up?
[ CTF ] This server is running Just Capture the Flag by Digi - see console for quick-help.
[ CTF ] This server has disabled some of jCTF's features, type /help to see which.

Last edited by drumzplaya13; 06-05-2011 at 12:00.
Hunter-Digital
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2011 , 13:32   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.31
Reply With Quote #296

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumzplaya13 View Post
My friend and I tested. On our screens we glow red, as in first person view of ourselves. But then we both had a blue spotlight effect glow on us. As in looking at each other, we were both blue. So there were 2 different colors being shown to both of us. Your own picture on plugin: http://img831.**************/img831/208/dedust20061.jpg red glow on person, blue on floor of person. That was like us, on both teams with flag.
My plugin doesn't make screen glows, it only adds per player glow when players spawn according to their team and a light beneeth them if they have the flag, the light is the flag's light, not the player's.
So I dunno what you guys tested, but I suggest you re-check using only this plugin to be sure that the report is acurate.
I just re-tested using podbots after I restarted round:
[IMG]http://img802.**************/img802/1810/dedust20002f.th.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img545.**************/img545/1029/dedust20003a.th.jpg[/IMG]
As you can see, all of them have their team's glow and NO screen glow.

Quote:
I just dont like any of the messages, as in any of the messages that pop up with the
"[CTF]" prefix on it in chat or in console, for adrenaline, rewards, the hud messages showing money, frags and rewards for stealing flag, killing players, etc. Not needed for what I am trying to do, so its just an annoyance.
I don't see WHY would console messages bother you, since they're purely informative... some people might want to know, expecially if they don't know the mod.
Hud messages are just the flag events, adrenaline info, respawn info and the hints when you die.
And all [CTF] prefixed messages (in chat) are informative and mostly required, if not all... what, you just want to type commands randomly and not receive any feedback ?
Or another scenario, you just kill yourself and respawn with no money at all, wonder why... well, that's why I added the freaking message, to inform.
Most of them are console only, if you want more info just drop down the console so I don't need to add a cvar to not print messages somewhere (console) that you can see them optionally.

Quote:
I disabled rewards yet I still get the messages

Like this:
[ CTF ] Reward: for stealing the enemy flag
I turned rewards off. I shouldnt even get this message at all.... Yet I still do in a little chat message in the hud display. Then people will start asking about rewards when they are disabled and it gets complicated to explain to every single person.
Yeah I said I'm working on that, I'll release the fix on the next release but I want to get all things you suggest sorted before releasing.

Quote:
Game type, I would just like to change it to whatever I wanted. I dont think the game type plugin will overwrite this plugin though to change it if I needed to use it.
Well, you can just disable the plugin's game name forward, it prevents it from overwriting other plugins.
Search for:
Code:
register_forward(FM_GetGameDescription, "game_description")
And add // in front of it.

Quote:
I didnt know having sounds play to everyone would be slowhacking, because every other mod has it. Binding someones keys to "adrenaline" would be slowhacking, but your not binding anyones keys for sound since you can make it louder in your plugin altogether and people will still have the option to change it with /sounds if they want. I just dont want to sit there and tell every single person, hey, to enhance the game play type /help /sounds. Most people dont read an motd, or type /help in a new server. So sitting on my computer 24/7 and making sure everyone knows about it is a waste of time and then if people cant hear it immediately it lessens the mod play IMO.
No, I said I can't add a function that changes everybody's settings to your likings, that's slowhacking.
The plugin uses mp3volume cvar to control it's announcer volume.
Still, if they disabled mp3volume they have their own reason and if they aren't interested in knowing how a server works and don't bother to read, then it's their fault.

Hmm... still, I'm curious if I can get the client's mp3volume value and then just warn them of what they're missing.

Quote:
It also is an annoyance on every single map (what if a server had 30 maps for ctf), to change your /sounds settings on EVERY map, just to enjoy the game more.
That makes no sense and it's not true... like I said, the /sounds cmd modifies the mp3volume cvar on clients, so once typed, it saves until client modifies it again.

Quote:
Anyway to get rid of this from popping up?
[ CTF ] This server is running Just Capture the Flag by Digi - see console for quick-help.
[ CTF ] This server has disabled some of jCTF's features, type /help to see which.
I don't really want you to disable those... expecially if new players see your server first, I'd like people to know what you disabled from the mod.

So seriously, I don't know what's your issue with the hud, chat or console messages, but they inform people who really care enough to read, the people who ignore them is their fault.
Old 06-05-2011 , 23:15   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.31
Reply With Quote #297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter-Digital View Post
I don't see WHY would console messages bother you, since they're purely informative... some people might want to know, expecially if they don't know the mod.
Hud messages are just the flag events, adrenaline info, respawn info and the hints when you die.
And all [CTF] prefixed messages (in chat) are informative and mostly required, if not all... what, you just want to type commands randomly and not receive any feedback ?
Or another scenario, you just kill yourself and respawn with no money at all, wonder why... well, that's why I added the freaking message, to inform.
Most of them are console only, if you want more info just drop down the console so I don't need to add a cvar to not print messages somewhere (console) that you can see them optionally.

It is just one extra thing that I dont need nor want. Is there any way to disable them, or tell me where they are in the code and I will get rid of them myself?

I disabled most of the stuff in your plugin, adrenaline, rewards, weapon menu, and so on because all of that stuff is handled seperately, due to it having custom maps, multiple mods on the server, custom guns, etc, so I dont need any of that. Just the mod itself would have been great for me, but now I find myself trying to edit out everything besides just the base mod.

You used an example of if someone kills someone and getting or not getting money. Well I disabling buying altogether because a custom map is being made with specific guns already in the map, so there is no reason for money, no reason for rewards for killing people, and no reason for HUD messages due to the fact, its capture the flag, most people know what that is, or can deduct themselves what it is and dont need informational help, if they dont know what it is, why do I want them in my server in the first place. Its stuff like that just takes up space in a plugin, in my opinion. If I am able to optimize something, why wouldn't I do it?

----

For the sound: I didn't know you used mp3volume cvar which is per client basis, and thus slowhacking. So I apologize for that I misunderstood the actual reasoning behind it.\

Take a look at the Modern Warfare 2 Mod. I played it, just to see if it was true, with what I was thinking. I turned down my mp3volume to 0, and I played it. Throughout the game play I hear .wavs, which are triggered by events, and my mp3 volume has nothing to do with it. I have a feeling you can link the triggered events (ie: when you take enemy flag, drop the flag, or score) to the .wav files, without incorporating the mp3 volume at all. Then you can eliminate /sounds altogether. Or still have it but for the purpose to disable sounds if people dont want to hear them, otherwise they hear them and its at a set volume. MW2 seemed to be about volume 6 if I were going to rate it on the mp3volume scale.

----

Because everything is being made custom, I dont need rewards or anything like that. NOW you see why the hud, chat, and console messages are useless and make no sense to others who will be playing on it, so they just get in the way... :/

If I as a server owner disable something from a plugin, why would I want everyone on my server able to see what I disabled, for the chance that one server didnt disable it, so in turn I could lose potential players. See where I am coming from now? If a server owner chooses to disable something, which isnt already known from the current plugin since its been on the server, I dont think it should be made accessible for people to see what was disabled?

That is my only logic in that, unfortunately, but I am sure a lot of people who own gaming communities and strive to keep their current players and hope to attract new-comers, would agree with me on that. A good example would be Zombie Mod. Zombie Mod is very well done and also plenty of things can be disabled, but when something IS disabled, it is not available for people to see. Why? Because if something wasnt there to begin with in the game play, why know or care about it because it was disabled for a reason.

I didn't mean to sound angry or try to put down your mod, which is VERY well made. I just wanted to get some answers to my questions (and have me understand the answers), to hopefully enhance the mod and its game play for others who feel the same way as me about some of the issues.

Also, in console I get this error, and jctf is the only plugin running on the server at the time of error message.

Code:
Missing RIFF/WAVE chunks
Missing RIFF/WAVE chunks
Missing RIFF/WAVE chunks
Missing RIFF/WAVE chunks
Missing RIFF/WAVE chunks
Missing RIFF/WAVE chunks
Missing RIFF/WAVE chunks
Missing RIFF/WAV
Here are some threads which tell a little about it. Not sure why it happened as I have not touched the .wav files whatsoever or any sound since I installed it on my server.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...ht=riff%2Fwave
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthr...ht=riff%2Fwave

Last edited by drumzplaya13; 06-06-2011 at 01:29.
Hunter-Digital
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2011 , 04:44   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.31
Reply With Quote #298

Well, removing all of those removes their messages too, and the messages left are the ones for capturing flags... and the ones from rewards which are a bug :}

----------------

I used mp3 to lower size considerably and have the ability to control the volume, it would've been possible to control the volume on the specific wavs too but it would've been a server side setting then and then you'd be in the position of having to use a setinfo (which probably wouldn't works so well... I know alot of people that fk up their configs with useless stuff and their setinfo string is too large as it is) or a map only setting, which resets on every new map.

---------------

Well, I for one would like to know if something is different in a mod I know from another server so I wouldn't get surprises.

---------------

Hmm, those errors are from precaching mp3s it seems =) I'll fix that too in the next version.

-------------------------------

Anyway, I'll make a custom version for you, just PM me with all the changes you need :}
Old 06-06-2011 , 11:10   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.31
Reply With Quote #299

Hmm. Think about any ultimate sounds plugin, as in, Headshot, Multikill, etc. They are triggered by the amount of kills someone gets in a certain time frame (guessing). Couldn't you create the announcement sounds on the same concept, so when flag is down, captured, scored upon, or retrieved, you could have those sound files play.

Then mp3volume is never touched. I know a lot of players who play in leagues have their mp3 volume to 0, so when you enter counter strike to begin with you dont hear that annoying repeating music they have playing. I have it set to 0. We all still play other mods though and enjoy hearing announcement sounds in those mods, and are able to still hear them, whether it is first person or everyone. I know you did it to lower the size of the file or strain, but think of how much better it might be if you tried it the other way.

Lol I guess I wouldnt mind knowing whats NOT in a mod because its disabled, but when you join a server, you join to play that specific version, whether something is disabled or not doesn't matter. Most the time it won't change. I still think the owner and/or admins should be the only ones to know what is or is not disabled from the server version. Would you like a bunch of people bugging you every day the life of your server is up because they can see a few things that are disabled and want you to enable them but you don't have any intention ever to enable them? It just seems useless. Again, for an owner or partners who run a server, sure, why not, but making it public just creates problems. If someone wants those specific things (which they wont know of unless you enabled them to begin with), they can run a server of their own with your full mod on it and be happy everything is enabled. :p
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2011 , 05:58   Re: Just Capture the Flag (CTF) v1.31
Reply With Quote #300

I use "mp3 stop" to disable the menu music

---------------

Well, I made the version for him, if anyone else wants their jctf mod more custom (that doesn't involve adding too much or re-making code), just ask :}
Also I'm against admins having gameplay advantages, so I won't add that either.

And new minor version, v1.32:
Quote:
v1.32:
* Changes files: jctf.sma
- Removed forcing of CVars - if you depended on that, use amxx.cfg to store default values of cvars.
- Added posibility to disable respawn using ctf_respawntime 0.
- Added posibility to disable spawn protection using ctf_protection 0.
- Added posibility to disable dropped weapons fading out using ctf_weaponstay 0.
- Added posibility to disable flag auto-return using ctf_flagreturn 0.
- Fixed GameName printing CS 1.6 for CZ too, now it detects game name, if's unknown it doesn't write anything.
- Fixed player rewards still printing if all rewards are 0.
- Fixed MP3 files printing WAV error messages due to incorrect precaching method.
Note that I removed the forcing of the few cvars that were forced, if anyone depended on that, add those values in amxx.cfg, it's executed first on each map.

Last edited by Hunter-Digital; 06-07-2011 at 06:06.