Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)

Post New Thread Reply   

LOOOVEGUNS
Old 02-05-2012 , 13:50   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #151

Could any one can tell me how to know The HammerID??!

Format: ent_keyvalue <entity id> "key1"="value1" "key2" "value2" ... "keyN" "valueN"

I don't know how to use it .....
pyrO 10
Old 03-11-2012 , 07:11   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #152

love this pluging thank you
Optics233
Old 03-12-2012 , 13:27   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #153

Hey, I love this plugin, but when I spawn stairs zombies don't seem to know how to climb on them. This sucks because I'd love to make a tower fort that zombies can get to by walking up stairs I spawn for them. Anyone know if there's a way to fix this?
andre_sca
Old 04-02-2012 , 12:45   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by xioSlayer View Post

It will work with your old saves from prop spawner but keep backups just in case.

I have no change log, but various bug fixes have been implemented. For example, you may now grab objects and have their locations/angles be saved rather than discarded.
This version only supports the plugin's save option. I decided to not support stripper or routing files since I didn't need them and it would have been tedious to add all the new features to them (without know much about either of them). If you'd like to add support for that, feel free.

You may also notice that I haven't implemented the new features into the menus yet. This is because I haven't had much experience yet with the menus. If you can add them, feel free :]

Install:
To use this version you will need all the files from the original post. Just remove the original prop spawner plugin and replace it with this one.
This version will work with any previous files you may have saved with the old version (but not stripper/routing files).
NOTE: you also have to rename your /sourcemod/data/l4d2_spawn_props_models.txt file to l4d2_object_spawner_models.txt
or you can use the one i have two posts below.

CFG Keypad binds: I have included my CFG files to make the editing easier for those of you who like binds.
The cfgs have two profiles, Admin and Build-mode, which can be swapped between with the keypad's zero key.
edit them to your liking :]

EDIT: I will not be maintaining this with new features as I originally planned, I apologize. If you like what little I have done with this maybe you can advance it :]
Hi! i really liked your work there. The plugin is now just great. But can you fix the models that even if you spawn it solid, it will not be solid (you can wal thought it) like the plane of dead air?
sorry for bad english
xioSlayer
Old 04-04-2012 , 21:46   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_sca View Post
Hi! i really liked your work there. The plugin is now just great. But can you fix the models that even if you spawn it solid, it will not be solid (you can wal thought it) like the plane of dead air?
sorry for bad english
Ah I know what you are talking about. That will be impossible because those models do not have a collision mesh. Every 'solid' model has a separate geometry that is very simple (simpler than the model itself), so that it is easy for the game to calculate your movements on it. The models like the dead air plane had their collision meshes built into the map so it will not be possible.

Same thing with that large escape boat, the boat can't be solid either. sorry about that.
chatyak
Old 05-13-2012 , 16:41   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #156

I cannot get this working at all and it is very frustrating.

I installed both stripper and the plugin to their correct areas. I also created the 3 directories under the data/maps section.

I spawned the objects on the maps and saved them using #3 save to object file, then I saved using #2.

Example)

1) Place box.
2) Save pressing #3
3) Save pressing #2 then choosing Easy.
4) Going into the plugin cache c5m1_waterfront_init.txt file
5) Inside versus I place:

"versus"
{
"total" "2"
"path1" "c5m1_waterfront_1"
"path2" "c5m1_waterfront_2"

}

The map never loads any objects. All it ever tells me is that "This map doesn't have routing".

What is going on here? Where am I making the mistake?

I tested downloading a pre-made map and placed it into my addons/stripper/maps folder and it seemed to work when i forced path, pathinfo etc.... but that's not what the directions say. There is nothing written about moving the cfg files into the maps subfolder under stripper.

All that is written is to edit the .cfg files created within the plugin_cache folder.

What is the proper order to get this working???

Last edited by chatyak; 05-13-2012 at 16:42.
chatyak
Old 05-13-2012 , 19:57   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #157

Ok - well now sometimes an object will spawn... for example on map load a barricade spawns in a doorway.... on reloading the map, barricade spawns in another doorway...

But everytime I type sm_pathinfo or sm_forcepath - I'm told the map doesn't have any routing.

I'm having trouble getting the map to save certain objects for certain paths.

Ex) I want 1 barricade for easy and 3 barricades for medium, etc...

I want to reload the map and type sm_pathinfo and see what path it is.

Maybe I'm confused on using this with the routing dynamic path plugin.... Object Spawner WORKS as a dynamic routing path - simply by saving objects on the map - then saving as the 3rd option..... delete a few objects, then save as the 3rd option again.

Then you will have two sets of .txt data - and in the "init.txt" file - you simply write "total" "2" and list the two paths to the txts - so it chooses between the two?

Last edited by chatyak; 05-13-2012 at 20:04.
chatyak
Old 05-14-2012 , 02:05   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #158

I have solved the issue. Was confusing two different plugins at the same time
pyrO 10
Old 07-02-2012 , 11:29   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #159

can not go back to the first page when choosing a model svp
neilvalento
Old 07-04-2012 , 21:57   Re: [L4D2] Objects Spawner [2.0 Reloaded] v2.0.6 (Save Objects Supported)
Reply With Quote #160

Does this or is there any similar plugin that works on l4d1 with save options..??

Last edited by neilvalento; 07-04-2012 at 23:35.