Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Move Player Stats from Another Game

Post New Thread Reply   

adma
Old 11-18-2016 , 00:26   Move Player Stats from Another Game
Reply With Quote #1

Hi, as the title asks is there anyway for me to move existing player stats from one 'game' to another?

I had my stats under the Team Fortress 2 game for a while, but with the introduction of another server I duplicated the settings and made another 'game'. I edited the server game setting from Team Fortress 2 to the new game. It still says there are x kills but it did not preserve player data, e.g Top Player and player points.

Thanks
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-18-2016 , 00:59   Re: Move Player Stats from Another Game
Reply With Quote #2

Based on your explanation, I'm afraid the only way you can do it will be to manually adjust the database to fit your need.

However, what you are trying to do, isn't that somehow "unethical" towards your users?

If I made a million kills and 750k headshots in CS:S, it has nothing to do with CS:GO at all. Copying these data from CS:S into CS:GO would, in my point of view, be the same same as faking / falsifying player stats.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
adma
Old 11-18-2016 , 01:59   Re: Move Player Stats from Another Game
Reply With Quote #3

No, I was running 1 TF2 dodgeball server under Team Fortress 2 game, and now I'm introducing a saxton hale TF2 server so I decided to move the existing dodgeball server which was running under 'Team Fortress 2' game to another 'game' called 'Dodgeball'. The player stats under 'Team Fortress 2' are only dodgeball statistics.

My overall aim is to have Dodgeball and Saxton Hale 'games' and have their associated servers under each 'game'. I need to move the 'Team Fortress 2' game player stats (which are only Dodgeball stats) to the 'Dodgeball' game.

Could you please elaborate on how to adjust the database?

Last edited by adma; 11-18-2016 at 02:00.
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-20-2016 , 04:51   Re: Move Player Stats from Another Game
Reply With Quote #4

Ah, okay. I just understood it like moving between two completely different games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adma View Post
Could you please elaborate on how to adjust the database?
Well, depends on how much you mean with "elaborate":

Assuming that there is no functions to maintain the data you want, and that modifying the database for what you want is really required, then you will have to go through your database "manually", and adjust every individual piece required.

Two databases aren't 100% identical, their structure depends on the project. So no one can tell you exactly what to do (e.g. step-by-step guide) without wasting a lot of hours looking through the database him/herself and getting a clue about what it's about.

Personally, I'd say it's not worth it.

However, if the data is really that important to you, then the easiest is most likely to go into the settings of the old dodgeball server, and replace the IP (and server name) of that one with the IP address of the new Saxton Hale server.

You're also talking about multiple games, but why multiple games when they are both TF2? Simply adding a server to the same game should keep the statistics the same across all your servers.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].
adma
Old 12-07-2016 , 04:02   Re: Move Player Stats from Another Game
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by arne1288 View Post
Ah, okay. I just understood it like moving between two completely different games.

Well, depends on how much you mean with "elaborate":

Assuming that there is no functions to maintain the data you want, and that modifying the database for what you want is really required, then you will have to go through your database "manually", and adjust every individual piece required.

Two databases aren't 100% identical, their structure depends on the project. So no one can tell you exactly what to do (e.g. step-by-step guide) without wasting a lot of hours looking through the database him/herself and getting a clue about what it's about.

Personally, I'd say it's not worth it.

However, if the data is really that important to you, then the easiest is most likely to go into the settings of the old dodgeball server, and replace the IP (and server name) of that one with the IP address of the new Saxton Hale server.

You're also talking about multiple games, but why multiple games when they are both TF2? Simply adding a server to the same game should keep the statistics the same across all your servers.
Semi-necro but I added another game in order to keep the stats seperate.

The stats aren't too crucial so I just kept it the way it is.

Thanks for you help