Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Octoshape
Old 09-03-2013 , 11:16   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
If you're connecting to a server from the machine running it, you need to set the clientport cvar on your client to something other than 27005.

The easiest way is to just right click Dota 2 in Steam, Properties, Set Launch Options, and add +clientport 33333 (or some other port that's not 27005).
thank you very much! It works like a charm now!
Dimannn
Old 09-03-2013 , 14:37   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrendering View Post
By default captains are players with id1 == 4 and id2 == 9 and, as there is no lobby in dedicated server, palyer_id grows incrementally each time someone connects to the server.

If you want to change such behaviour u have to made small patch:
In DT_DOTAGamerules class there is an array named m_iCaptainPlayerIDs[2] its offset is gamerules+0x560(checked for 571 version) . It's being initialized once when all players have loaded and server goes to the DOTA_GAMERULES_STATE_HERO_SELECTION state. The CM initialization function could be found quite easy by searching for references to "CMTournamentIgnore" string (There are references from 2 funcs, u need the bigger one). So all u need is to override these default values.

OR u may ask psychonic to add CM fix to his d2fixups-collection))
This variables can be changed online by, for example, SMJS. But for changing m_iCaptainPlayerIDs, you will also need to change m_iPlayerIDsInControl array, so that the only 1 will be assigned to the capitan of currently choosing team.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 09-03-2013 , 15:20   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimannn View Post
This variables can be changed online by, for example, SMJS. But for changing m_iCaptainPlayerIDs, you will also need to change m_iPlayerIDsInControl array, so that the only 1 will be assigned to the capitan of currently choosing team.
You don't need SMJS for that. Regular SM can do it just fine.
teeniv
Old 09-04-2013 , 04:16   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Well there is no real need to do that either, since what sile said earlier solves the problem about not being able to pick/ban. Just make one team join radiant first, the 5th player becomes the drafter. Then make the dire team join. If a dire team member joins before/while the entire radiant team joins, no one can pick/ban. Just tested this. Dire always seems to have first pick though and I have no idea how to change that.
PAJ019
Old 09-04-2013 , 12:24   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
Giving yourself infinite gold while other team flails to kill you? I mean with sourcemod, you can do things that are normally not meant to do, especially if you do it on purpose in your favor...Correct me if I am wrong, but you can give yourself gold, etc for Dota 2. I always thought this uses Steamworks servers so that you had to use their servers in order to play.
Giving yourself gold requires you to turn sv_cheats on which will show up ingame so if others ingame know the commands to give gold and lvls then they can and might do it. You can also do all of this without Sourcemod like in Valve lobby servers with cheats enabled or local lan server against bots using the console with sv_cheats on, there is still a massive bug with the bots that Valve still haven't fixed which anyone can use and you can also use this command on the Valve servers.
gamer35
Old 09-06-2013 , 05:03   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

hi guys
i just want to know how to setup a tv relay( sourcetv) like hltv
punitx
Old 09-10-2013 , 05:17   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Any solution,
How to create server with mode like x2, OMG mode etc.?
I read the starting pages of this forum but can't understand this VPK thing. Please suggest a way.
sile
Old 09-11-2013 , 12:23   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeniv View Post
Well there is no real need to do that either, since what sile said earlier solves the problem about not being able to pick/ban. Just make one team join radiant first, the 5th player becomes the drafter. Then make the dire team join. If a dire team member joins before/while the entire radiant team joins, no one can pick/ban. Just tested this. Dire always seems to have first pick though and I have no idea how to change that.
ya teeniv earlier i asked abt cm mode in this blog during that time someone posted that to change some cmtournamentignore something like that then i changed it nothing happened then suddenly one day i found this technique of 5 members joining radiant and making pick ban...it was my dream to make cm work in dedicated server/ this technique better than that and i need to know ant technique or patch that could make pick ban psychonic can u make any patch for that.

Last edited by sile; 09-11-2013 at 12:24.
sile
Old 09-11-2013 , 12:26   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

guys i heard some software that also used to play lan dota 2 and its name is d2cr what is it
and we can make pick ban easily in that psychonic can u make some patch like that and also we can play lol fun match and some more
teeniv
Old 09-12-2013 , 15:29   Re: Sourcemod for Dota 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sile View Post
guys i heard some software that also used to play lan dota 2 and its name is d2cr what is it
and we can make pick ban easily in that psychonic can u make some patch like that and also we can play lol fun match and some more
D2CR was using a client to host online lobbies kind of like D2ware.net does on browsers. D2CR don't host anymore I think.

You can run dota 2 on lan with just metamod and d2fixups. I do it all the time. Just make your friends join the same network and connect to the server machine's IP.
Closed Thread