Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Fake Death Messages V1.0.1

Post New Thread Reply   

DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2019 , 12:10   Re: Fake Death Messages V1.0.1
Reply With Quote #41

You are most welcome. I have my clean TFC 1.5 on AMXX 1.8.2. If I put this on there with personal gravity and it works then you understand it is that holiday plugin or something, right? I am sure plugin needs customized for TFC to be error-free. 'Unknown Command' is 1 line of code to fix.

When I tried it on Cstrike the unknown command did not occur.

If you want TFC to work more normally I suggest posting a bug on Githib using what I had to do with personal_gravity as an example as well as this. It's in the core. That means it will never be fixed on 1.8.2 unless I keep making these patched versions.

Please type amxx version and meta version then stats and post or PM.
Old 10-12-2019 , 12:47   Re: Fake Death Messages V1.0.1
Reply With Quote #42

Just to be clear the 'holiday' thing you are referring to isn't a plugin, it is built-in to TFC and only activates on certain dates (TF anniversary day, and Christmas).

I wouldn't be so sure what to say or write in the bug report on Github so I hope someone else would be able to do it. However if you are going out of your way to patch something that should be fixed by the core, hopefully it will not break again if/when the bug is fixed in the core.

Ignoring the TFC issue for now (we can work on one thing at a time to avoid confusion). I have a clean CS1.6 installation which shows the 'Unknown Command' (albeit the plugin still works). No errors showing in server or client console. If you want I can provide you the server IP and any other information that can help.

amxx version:
Code:
AMX Mod X 1.8.2 (http://www.amxmodx.org)
Authors:
David "BAILOPAN" Anderson, Pavol "PM OnoTo" Marko
Felix "SniperBeamer" Geyer, Jonny "Got His Gun" Bergstrom
Lukasz "SidLuke" Wlasinski, Christian "Basic-Master" Hammacher
Borja "faluco" Ferrer, Scott "DS" Ehlert
Compiled: Feb 14 2013, 00:55:09
Build ID: 1.8.2 61:2ae84f7c0a97
Core mode: JIT+ASM32
meta version:
Code:
Metamod v1.21p37 2013/05/30 (5:13)
by Will Day
http://www.metamod.org/
Patch: Metamod-P (mm-p) v37
by Jussi Kivilinna
http://metamod-p.sourceforge.net/
compiled: May 30 2013, 11:41:16 EET (optimized)

Last edited by terrum; 10-12-2019 at 12:48.
Send a message via AIM to terrum Send a message via MSN to terrum Send a message via Skype™ to terrum
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2019 , 15:02   Re: Fake Death Messages V1.0.1
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrum View Post
'Unknown Command' message when the command is executed. For the sakes of cleaning up it would be great to get a fix for this.
Taken care of. I uploaded the update on my other post and erased the bad one. Thanks for testing. Now it compiles we can get that far to see what else it needs. Odd how I did not notice. There was a lot dropping down on the console at that time as I am working on a Nitrous plugin for jeep.

I can work on the TFC another time. In the bug report one can provide the posts so moderators can see what I had to do to make it work and then can take their own corrective action. The main bug is Half-Life Events like ResetHUD don't work by name. I had to use numbers on TFC.
Old 10-12-2019 , 15:24   Re: Fake Death Messages V1.0.1
Reply With Quote #44

All good, no more 'Unknown Command' error on CS1.6. Although I thought I'd also mention that the headshot (<hs>) parameter doesn't actually do anything. I think it's meant to add a headshot icon to the right of the weapon icon. Not important, but just thought I'd mention it.

Just out of mere curiosity (promise I'm not trying to offend you or get myself out of work), how come you cannot file the bug report on Github yourself? You seem to know what you are talking about far more than I do, plus I'm not a coder nor familiar with the process of filing a bug report on Github.

Send a message via AIM to terrum Send a message via MSN to terrum Send a message via Skype™ to terrum
DJEarthQuake
Veteran Member
Old 10-12-2019 , 18:58   Re: Fake Death Messages V1.0.1
Reply With Quote #45

The reason this won't work on TFC is this. ScoreAttrib is not a TFC message.

PHP Code:
    gmsgScoreAttrib get_user_msgid("ScoreAttrib"

Headshot does work just add hs at the end of the string.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amx_fakedeath_hs.jpg (36.5 KB, 126 views)

Last edited by DJEarthQuake; 10-13-2019 at 01:09.