Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[REQ] TF2 Manipulation

Post New Thread Reply   

BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-19-2008 , 17:32   [REQ] TF2 Manipulation
Reply With Quote #1

I know some of these things have been requested before, but no one has really commented if they could or could not do it.

1. Be able to change the respawn timer for both teams on all maps. I want to be able to kill that stupid spawn > 20sec by making it so the maximum respawn is 15 seconds. sm_cvar mp_respawnwavetime DOES NOT WORK ON ALL MAPS, SO DONT TRY TO TELL ME IT DOES, OR I WILL BREAK STUFF

2. Be able to change the chances of getting a crit. So we can maybe have fun days on my server with 100% crits, and maybe with 0% crits.

3. Scramble teams w.o restarting the game. If red has 2 and blu has 0 points, I want that score to still be the same after the scramble.

I know there are addons that can do some of these things, but I would rather they be sourcemod plugins just to minimize conflicts, and not have it report the game running as TFTrue instead of Team Fortress.

Last edited by BrutalGoerge; 01-19-2008 at 17:43.
bl4nk
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-19-2008 , 18:32   Re: [REQ] TF2 Manipulation
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalGoerge View Post
1. Be able to change the respawn timer for both teams on all maps. I want to be able to kill that stupid spawn > 20sec by making it so the maximum respawn is 15 seconds. sm_cvar mp_respawnwavetime DOES NOT WORK ON ALL MAPS, SO DONT TRY TO TELL ME IT DOES, OR I WILL BREAK STUFF
Use the attached plugin (thx Bail) to make it so you don't have to use sm_cvar every time. As for it not working on certain maps, it works on ALL maps on my (4) tf2 servers. We have it set to the default setting (4?) in the server.cfg and have map specific config files where it is set once again if needed.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (cvarunlocker.sp - 584 views - 922 Bytes)
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-19-2008 , 22:38   Re: [REQ] TF2 Manipulation
Reply With Quote #3

I don't remember what map is was, but every setting of the cvar, even 0 was yielding a 20 second respawn.
Granary maybe.
Veteran Member
Old 01-20-2008 , 08:19   Re: [REQ] TF2 Manipulation
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
I don't remember what map is was, but every setting of the cvar, even 0 was yielding a 20 second respawn.
Granary maybe.
Probably tc_hydro.

I've yet to find a way to affect the timers on this map
Old 01-21-2008 , 04:48   Re: [REQ] TF2 Manipulation
Reply With Quote #5

what about the other aspects?
crit modification would be epic.
SourceMod Developer
Old 01-21-2008 , 11:30   Re: [REQ] TF2 Manipulation
Reply With Quote #6

I was talking to [3PG]WoZeR the other day about getting the crit mod to work with SourceMod. He's tried changing the crit offset (m_iCritMult I believe it is), but every time he changes it, it changes right back. He's tried changing it on every game frame as well. It keeps changing back. Unless someone has some bright idea, it doesn't seem to be possible right now using just pawn coding.
[AiF] Biggs
Old 01-21-2008 , 12:10   Re: [REQ] TF2 Manipulation
Reply With Quote #7

Is there any way to set a round timer on custom maps that don't have one?
Old 01-23-2008 , 21:24   Re: [REQ] TF2 Manipulation
Reply With Quote #8

seems like valve is going out of their way to make tf2 unfriendly to modders.

If not a SM plugin, maybe a source metamod plugin would be easier to do these things?
Old 01-24-2008 , 02:16   Re: [REQ] TF2 Manipulation
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
You can use TFTrue-LITE and set tftrue_respawn_max to 15 and tftrue_respawn_static 1 to achieve this. My plugin does not use source mod stuff so I cant help you make your own =/
See http://www.mrlwork.com/source/tftrue.html for full documentation

Quote:
2. Be able to change the chances of getting a crit. So we can maybe have fun days on my server with 100% crits, and maybe with 0% crits.
With the lite version you can turn crits on or off, with the full version you can set them to 100%, however the full version will change your game desc.

Quote:
3. Scramble teams w.o restarting the game. If red has 2 and blu has 0 points, I want that score to still be the same after the scramble.
TFTrue doesnt do this. ;p

Quote:
I know there are addons that can do some of these things, but I would rather they be sourcemod plugins just to minimize conflicts, and not have it report the game running as TFTrue instead of Team Fortress.
If you use the LITE version it does not change your game desc, and the only limitation on the lite version is the non-100% crits. Also tftrue will not interfere with source mod. Sourcemod does its own thing, and tftrue does things completely different. It is not dependent on any game data or locations, it just scans the server code for the right place and replaces 4 bytes of code. Not even noticeable to a higher level binary like sourcemod. There is no hooking or anything either.

If you want to know how I change crits in my plugin, you can search the forum for a post I made a month ago in response to this same subject =p
As I am sure you already know it is not as simple as editing a boolean member in the player class.

EDIT:

Actually, I take that back, tftrue does hook one function. But its not really a hook, I think a better word would be detour, or redirect. There is a call to randomFloat in the damage calculation function. TFTrue replaces the address of that one randomFloat call with the address of my random function in my plugin. This is my random function:
Code:
static float myStaticNum;
void random()
{
     return myStaticNum;
}
All joking aside, that is my random function :p It is the super powerhouse ultimate function that achieves static damage.

Last edited by RedComet; 01-24-2008 at 02:35.
BrutalGoerge
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-24-2008 , 18:51   Re: [REQ] TF2 Manipulation
Reply With Quote #10

i rather it be a sm or meta plugin, but I could give the lite version a try.

Thanks