Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved Compile problem

Post New Thread Reply   

arcticx2
Old 09-07-2017 , 08:29   Compile problem
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, i wanted to compile sourcemod myself and i have a problem now.

after compile and replacing it i get Unknown command :sm_cvar etc... and the meta error is Failed... File not found : (path)/csgo/1.dll

then i tried to replace files one by one and after replacing sourcemod.logic.dll i get the same error as above.

so till now the problem is with that file !

i tried to compile with VS2010 & 2013 update 5 & VS 2015

for all of them i get same error except the vs2015 which the error is ( Cant find cc compiler )

so what should i do ?

Last edited by arcticx2; 09-09-2017 at 06:33.
Fyren
FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren FyrenFyrenFyrenFyrenFyren
Old 09-07-2017 , 11:55   Re: Compile problem
Reply With Quote #2

Did you make a change to SM to make you want to compile it yourself? If so, what did you change?

If you changed nothing, then the instructions on the wiki for compiling SM should work. I don't remember off the top of my head if the ambuild projects work with 2015, but I think they do. We use 2013 for official builds.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 09-07-2017 , 14:53   Re: Compile problem
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren View Post
Did you make a change to SM to make you want to compile it yourself? If so, what did you change?

If you changed nothing, then the instructions on the wiki for compiling SM should work. I don't remember off the top of my head if the ambuild projects work with 2015, but I think they do. We use 2013 for official builds.
Everything but the MYSQL extension should compile with VS 2015, unless you're compiling against the latest 1.9 SM branch.
Old 09-09-2017 , 06:29   Re: Compile problem
Reply With Quote #4

Thanks for the responds guys , appreciated.

my folder list is like this :

-addons
- metamod
- sourcemod ( old one )
- sourcemod_new ( which i compiled )

then i used +sm_basepath sourcemod_new and the result was the error !

so i changed the sourcemod ( old one ) with the sourcemod i compiled then error is gone and sourcemod is running just fine.
arcticx2
Old 09-09-2017 , 06:31   Re: Compile problem
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyren View Post

yes i saw some posts that it wont work with v2015 for now for some reasons. after that i used v2013 and .... i post the result in my other post
arcticx2
Old 09-09-2017 , 06:32   Re: Compile problem
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCard65 View Post
Everything but the MYSQL extension should compile with VS 2015, unless you're compiling against the latest 1.9 SM branch.
wow i didnt know the mysql is the only one have problem with 2015 !

i clone the SM with git , anyway the problem is fixed now and i shared in my post in here.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 09-09-2017 , 08:40   Re: Compile problem
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticx2 View Post
wow i didnt know the mysql is the only one have problem with 2015 !

i clone the SM with git , anyway the problem is fixed now and i shared in my post in here.
Reference:
https://github.com/alliedmodders/sou...bbe175fd15a441 (1.8: https://github.com/alliedmodders/sou...1275164cfa6a53)
https://github.com/alliedmodders/sou...bbe175fd15a441

Edit: Looks like SM 1.8's branch does have HALF the fix required to compile with VS 2015, it should be easy enough to cherry pick in the other half.

Last edited by WildCard65; 09-09-2017 at 08:45.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 09-10-2017 , 05:51   Re: Compile problem
Reply With Quote #8

sm_basepath can't redirect the core SM binaries (they're already loaded to provide that cvar!), it just controls where everything else loads from (configs, plugins, extensions, data, translations, gamedata, etc).

You need to split at the MM:S level if you want to load different SourceMod core versions.