Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Fix for bebop, superversus plugin type. Defibrillator and survivors model bug fix.
    Old 02-10-2012 , 19:23   [L4D & L4D2] Sappy fix Update [04-June-2012]
    Reply With Quote #1

Plugin dedicated to the memory of Kurt Cobain whose music inspire me

Description:
    Sappy fixes some bugs for more than 8 players plugin types A and B.

Which 8++ plugin you are using?
    type A: Player join bot created, player leave bot kicked
    type B - Constant number of bots.

Plugins are supported:
    type A: bebop, MultiSlots, Bots Control In Coop Mode
    type B: SuperVersus, LEFT12DEAD

ConVar:
    "sappy_fix_version", "1.0", "Plugin version."
    "sappy_fix_sacrifice", "1", "1: Enable Sacrifice Bug Fix for survival mode, 0: Disable fix" included Sacrifice BUG FIX
    "sappy_fix_bebop", "4", "Min amount of Survivors when round starts, 0: Disable fix if u not use typeA plugin."
    "sappy_fix_extrabots", "0", "Max amount of Survivors on your server, 0: Disable fix if u not use type B plugin."
    "sappy_fix_timer", "10", "Check Survivors limit after x.x sec when round started, 0: Disable checking"
    "sappy_fix_dropitems", "1", "1: Delete all player or bot items when they disconnected, 0: Disable fix."
    "sappy_fix_defibrillator", "1", "1: Ghost revive bug fix, 0: Disable for left 4 dead."
    "sappy_fix_models", "1", "Save survivors model every x.x sec and keep character when going idle/map chage, 0: Disable fix."

More about Fix
    - Very often type A plugins can not kick bot when player leave, so 1-2 or more bots play with you, this is terrible.
    - Sometimes after a map change you can see more bots than in the your cfg. Plugins type A, B
    12 but cvar set to 8 bots.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-02-11_00001.jpg
Views:	4369
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	99218
    - When a player leaves his items drop on the ground. Use the appropriate cvar option to prevent this, plugin type A.
    Some ppl can do it on purpose.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-01-06_00001.jpg
Views:	4085
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	99204
    - Ghost bug happens when a dead player leaves the game and his bot was kicked. Using a defibrillator you revive nothing.
    Plugin will be remove these body.
    - Сhange your character by !csm or otherwise and join to the spectators team, your model is not saved!
    Now your characters will be saved!

Known Issues
    No idea how beta fix works in VS gamemode.
    Defib fix is not perfect and does not always remove dead bodies entity from the world.

Note:
    I would recommend try this Plugin + AFK Fix for co-op or survival.
    These extension Defibrillator Bug Fix you should use on every server with extra slots.

Changelog:
    v2.0
    - Change OnClientConnect function to OnClientConnected
    - Save survivors models on map change

v2.0 beta
    - New stuff defibrillator and models fix (beta)
    - Plugin does not kick a bot when clients stuck in server connecting state and leave. Fixed!
    - Now amount of players will be checked twice (connected, disconnected)
    - When players connect to the server at the same time, this happens very very rarely Sappy fix kicked their clients. Fixed!
    - and other fixes

v1.0
    - Release

Views:
    v2.0beta - 78 views
    v1.0 - 506 views
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (fix_Sappy.sp - 6816 views - 25.9 KB)

Last edited by disawar1; 09-26-2013 at 20:31. Reason: change title name
    Electr000999
    Old 02-11-2012 , 04:58   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Sappy fix
    Reply With Quote #2

Thx man!
    Send a message via Skype™ to Electr000999
    Jоnny
    Old 02-11-2012 , 13:36   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Sappy fix
    Reply With Quote #3

Will try it!
    saldana
    Old 02-11-2012 , 23:19   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Sappy fix
    Reply With Quote #4

In my server ,this plugin just will make even more survivor bots...with L4d2_MltiSlots.

Last edited by saldana; 02-11-2012 at 23:20.
    disawar1
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 02-12-2012 , 06:37   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Sappy fix
    Reply With Quote #5

plugin can not create a new bots there's simply no such function, his function to kick them. I guess problem is MltiSlots this is not finished plugin in different game modes it behaves weird and work terribly

Last edited by disawar1; 02-12-2012 at 06:56.
    RavenDan29
    Veteran Member
    Old 02-12-2012 , 07:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Sappy fix
    Reply With Quote #6

did u fix the spawning on suvivor heads playing as infected with multislots on versus gamemode?
    Old 03-05-2012 , 00:24   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Sappy fix
    Reply With Quote #7

I have a minor issue, where I would like 4 bots and myself for a total of 5 survivors. My server is mostly for myself and my kids to mess around on so I'm not terribly concerned about massive slot counts, so I like to play by myself at times with the 4 main bots, Ellis, Rochelle, Coach and Nick for the 5 total. Now currently, I'm running the following plugins:

L4D Downtown 0.5.3 (Player slots build)
    SD Hooks 2.10
    Stripper 1.2.2
    Super Versus 1.5.4
    Sappy Fix (sappy_fix_behop "0")

What I want is to have the 4 unique bots above and not have duplicates, e.g. 2 Elliss', a Nick and Coach etc. Is this possible? Thing is, I had it once or twice in a row, but then I'd start another game and I'd be back to having a duplicate bot. Thanks everyone.

Last edited by jking; 03-05-2012 at 00:31.
    RavenDan29
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-05-2012 , 05:03   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Sappy fix
    Reply With Quote #8

Maybe this plugin can help https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...ight=survivors ? dont worry it wont spawn all 8 if yourve set it for 5 but it should make each char unique.
    Old 03-05-2012 , 09:17   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Sappy fix
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RavenDan29 View Post
    Maybe this plugin can help https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...ight=survivors ? dont worry it wont spawn all 8 if yourve set it for 5 but it should make each char unique.
    Hi Ravendan, wow this sounds like just the ticket, and if it works out I'd be inclined to try all 8, sure sounds like fun. I'll post up on how it goes, thanks so much again!

Sadly, I was careful in setting configs but in the end all I got was duplicates of all L4D2 characters, no L4D1 at all. I was looking to rebuild my server files anyhow so I'll do that and take another stab at this. In the meantime, any ideas as to what I may have overlooked? I ran my slots to 9 to have myself and all 8 survivors from L4D1 & 2 but again got only L4D2.

Update: Well more of the same with more than my intended 5. With 5, I get unique characters at the start, Nick, Ellis, Coach and Rochelle. When round restarts, say after I die, I'll get a L4D1 character tossed in, so I end up with myself, Coach, Nick, Ellis and Zoey, along those lines. Not always the case though as sometimes I get a duplicate, but a simple map/campaign restart fixes it. I'd like it to be different characters always of course but this will suffice for now. I upped the max players to 8 from 5 to experiment some, and now I ended up with 4 identical characters, 2 of another then finally 2 more unique ones, all of L4D2 variety. I'll rarely play with more than 5 so all is well with that aspect, but I'd like to plow thru this and see where I'm going wrong. I even went the extra mile and recompiled all of the applicable plugins here to see if that helped any but obviously didn't.

Last edited by jking; 03-05-2012 at 15:38.
    disawar1
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-05-2012 , 21:32   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Sappy fix
    Reply With Quote #10

uhm it just replaces your models, but you'll still be the same character for whom started playing (vocalize) I have modified this plugin for a long time ago, hope it works. I checked it only once.

Attachments removed

Last edited by disawar1; 03-11-2012 at 14:34. Reason: trash