Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Is there any way to use pev_skin on v_* models now?

Post New Thread Reply   

RaZ_HU
Old 04-29-2020 , 10:40   Is there any way to use pev_skin on v_* models now?
Reply With Quote #1

I know client prediction was a problem years ago, but did that change yet or could anyone find a workaround for that?

PS:
After I have pressed the "Submit new thread button" I realized I am in wrong section, sorry for that.

Last edited by RaZ_HU; 04-29-2020 at 10:43.
Vieni
Old 04-30-2020 , 12:41   Re: Is there any way to use pev_skin on v_* models now?
Reply With Quote #2

A week ago i tried to do it for knife, and it seemed working. We only need to create a code to imitate the stabbing/slashing. I'm kinda sure about that we could do the same with other weapons if we could imitate their actions either.

In this code i blocked all the default actions and tried to work with client_prethink and get_user_button(), the animations worked correctly, didn't have time for the stabbing/slashing..
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (zp50_clawsubmodels_test.sma - 101 views - 6.9 KB)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (cs_weap_models_api.sma - 82 views - 10.0 KB)
Vieni
Old 04-30-2020 , 12:44   Re: Is there any way to use pev_skin on v_* models now?
Reply With Quote #3

Ops, forgot this one.

ps. thx for the information about the max animations in a model :p
Attached Files
File Type: inc cs_weap_models_api.inc (1.5 KB, 41 views)
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 05-01-2020 , 05:31   Re: Is there any way to use pev_skin on v_* models now?
Reply With Quote #4

Knife is the only weapon that doesn't have client prediction, expect for deploy. So no, you can't do it for other weapons without disabling prediction, recreating the entire weapon and having terrible hit reg.

Btw: why are you using ResetHud to detect Spawn in 2020? Use Ham_Spawn, please.

Last edited by HamletEagle; 05-01-2020 at 05:33.
DarthMan
Veteran Member
Old 05-03-2020 , 05:51   Re: Is there any way to use pev_skin on v_* models now?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Knife is the only weapon that doesn't have client prediction, expect for deploy. So no, you can't do it for other weapons without disabling prediction, recreating the entire weapon and having terrible hit reg.

Btw: why are you using ResetHud to detect Spawn in 2020? Use Ham_Spawn, please.
Ham_Spawn is good method for CS and recommended if a plug-in is CS only.
But just as additional info, and nothing to do with this post, just for more knowledge, there are games such as TFC, DoD I guess and others where Ham_Spawn only gets called on respawn, i.e. when u conenct to a TFC server and join a team and spawn, CBasePlayer::Spawn is not called, and the best reliable method is to use FM_SetOrigin and check if the user is alive, this gets called when it's origin is set, however, it doesn't get called when the player moves even if his origin is updated. It's probably called when EngFunc_SetOrigin is updated, however, it won't be called if this is updated from plug-ins, and it seems that from the engine it's only called when the player spawns as either alive or spectator.