Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Webcompiler and Include files.

OneEyed
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-31-2006 , 13:20   Webcompiler and Include files.

I noticed there is no system for include files. I never really wanted to use include files until recently, to help keep 2 completely different things seperate. I released this plugin, but now the webcompiler can't instantly spit out its Plugin due to not having the include file.

What I propose is have the include file "temporarily" copied to the webcompiler's include folder to be used for the compilation of a source, when a user clicks "Get Plugin". Any security issues with a .inc would be one in the same with the plugin being downloaded. As only the .inc from that thread can be used.

And I know this can be done, cause I know it can be done. Hope you guys consider it.
Old 07-31-2006 , 13:25   Re: Wecompiler and Include files.

I don't have any plans to do this. The web compiler would have to search for the plugin's thread then magically guess (or worse, parse the plugin) for which include file in the same attachment set is necessary. Even not-considering multiple include files, it's also a lot of extra cruft for the download pane. Then I'd have the lovely concurrency problems from deciding when it should/shouldn't be deleted.

I'd be more interested in providing a panel where users can upload and maintain their own approved include files for the compiler.
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 07-31-2006 , 13:31   Re: Webcompiler and Include files.

I guess, that would be another alternative solution.
Old 08-01-2006 , 00:56   Re: Webcompiler and Include files.

Or we could have .inc files submitted to admins to make an option on the web compiler

e.g

Include files: tsxaddon [x]
stock [x]

Like check boxes?
Webcompiler supported include files, possibly?
Send a message via AIM to JCobra