Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D2] ABM: A MultiSlots / SuperVersus Alternative (Updated: 11-13-17)

Post New Thread Reply   

NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-10-2017 , 15:52   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludastar View Post
... But the takeover plugin i made is not gave me any issues like that it is more of a workaround than a directfix, plus i don't like using signitures because i have no clue how to get them my self and i'm yet to be stopped by needing signitures for what i have made so far.
ABM takeover works with "Survivors and Special Infected" and should work in most if not all modes. ABM Takeover doesn't have any open issues and any valid issues against it I'll jump to fix. Don't be afraid of using signatures because they're are some great people here that will help you get them.

Version 0.1.34 has preliminary Vs support in case you've missed it? Please bring up any issues you find with it here and let's keep the conversation about "takeover plugins" between us in a private conversation if you like. My readme has a way to friend me on Steam. Thanks
Xanaguy
Old 02-10-2017 , 18:42   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #142

Woah, woah, woah! TIME OUT!!! https://youtu.be/bPmv8IUVi4s
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-10-2017 , 19:00   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanaguy View Post
Woah, woah, woah! TIME OUT!!! https://youtu.be/bPmv8IUVi4s
Haha, that blows my mind too. You must have abm_loglevel >= 4? I know for a fact you have Left 4 Downtown 2 btw (this only happens with it). Turn off the logging level in your config with abm_loglevel 0 (it's useful for development only and shouldn't run in any other case).

So what's happening? Believe it or not, that's happening with or without ABM whether you see it or not. As far as I'm concerned it's normal and you just need to turn off the logging. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but if someone can prove otherwise, the source is at line 281 L4D_OnGetScriptValueInt. It should be about right?
kot4404
Old 02-12-2017 , 08:50   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #144

It doesn't respect the cfg it creates for me for some reason. I had to use sourcemod cfg instead of the plugin one

Last edited by kot4404; 02-12-2017 at 13:04.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 02-12-2017 , 12:46   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #145

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
Haha, that blows my mind too. You must have abm_loglevel >= 4? I know for a fact you have Left 4 Downtown 2 btw (this only happens with it). Turn off the logging level in your config with abm_loglevel 0 (it's useful for development only and shouldn't run in any other case).

So what's happening? Believe it or not, that's happening with or without ABM whether you see it or not. As far as I'm concerned it's normal and you just need to turn off the logging. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but if someone can prove otherwise, the source is at line 281 L4D_OnGetScriptValueInt. It should be about right?
from my first look at it, looks like that L4D_OnGetScriptValueInt is being called an aweful lot...lol removing echo from it should remove the console spam however. I dunno...
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-12-2017 , 13:24   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by kot4404 View Post
It doesn't respect the cfg it creates for me for some reason. I had to use sourcemod cfg instead of the plugin one
Is it a particuliar cvar that is not respected? Is this on Windows or Linux? I've just changed every cvar on my Linux test server and ran exec sourcemod/abm.cfg and every change was respected. Is the cvar maybe being overridden elsewhere?

If you're trying to mess with a cvar through the console, it'll be overridden on the next map load. If you want to lock a cvar through the console, prefix the value with -l. That's a lowercase L e.g., "abm_extraplayers -l 4". Doing this, you'll keep getting extra players on every map load until the server restarts in which case it'll fall back to what's in abm.cfg.
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-12-2017 , 13:46   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
from my first look at it, looks like that L4D_OnGetScriptValueInt is being called an aweful lot...lol removing echo from it should remove the console spam however. I dunno...
That particular echo requires level 4 logging. That level of logging should never be enabled in production. Even if that function were ripped out of ABM, what's happening will still happen in the background if you have Left 4 Downtown. As far as I'm concerned, it's completely normal.
kot4404
Old 02-12-2017 , 14:11   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #148

Quote:
Originally Posted by NgBUCKWANGS View Post
Is it a particuliar cvar that is not respected? Is this on Windows or Linux? I've just changed every cvar on my Linux test server and ran exec sourcemod/abm.cfg and every change was respected. Is the cvar maybe being overridden elsewhere?

If you're trying to mess with a cvar through the console, it'll be overridden on the next map load. If you want to lock a cvar through the console, prefix the value with -l. That's a lowercase L e.g., "abm_extraplayers -l 4". Doing this, you'll keep getting extra players on every map load until the server restarts in which case it'll fall back to what's in abm.cfg.
The config just doesn't automatically get executed, I didn't override it anywhere and I use windows
Everyone spawns with the basic shotgun, adrenaline etc.

Last edited by kot4404; 02-12-2017 at 14:15.
MasterMind420
BANNED
Old 02-12-2017 , 15:11   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #149

Quote:
The config just doesn't automatically get executed, I didn't override it anywhere and I use windows
Windows or Linux?
NgBUCKWANGS
Old 02-12-2017 , 15:33   Re: [L4D2] ABM: A L4D2 5+ Player Enhancement for Campaign
Reply With Quote #150

Quote:
Code:
abm_consumable "pain_pills"
abm_extraplayers "4"
abm_healitem "defibrillator"
abm_loglevel "1"
abm_minplayers "4"
abm_primaryweapon "rifle"
abm_secondaryweapon "katana"
abm_spawninterval "18"
abm_tankchunkhp "1001"
abm_throwable "molotov"
abm_zoey "1"
I've just applied the above to abm.cfg on a Windows server and it all got picked up. I'm not sure why it's not working for you and if anyone knows what might be happening here, I will certainly appreciate some help.