Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Hello fellow geniuses! counter-strike 1.6 HNS set-up.

Post New Thread Reply   

Pablo330
Old 11-29-2020 , 03:15   Hello fellow geniuses! counter-strike 1.6 HNS set-up.
Reply With Quote #1

I will happily pay someone to set up my cs1.6 server for me. I recently bought a server from EO Reality hosting and I have no idea how to set it up, I was just trying to live in some nostalgia for a bit. I understand it's not difficult to do and hundreds of these servers have been made before but all of the tutorials on YT are for your own dedicated server. I made an AlliedModders account specifically for this post. Email: [email protected]. Thank you.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 11-29-2020 , 05:18   Re: Hello fellow geniuses! counter-strike 1.6 HNS set-up.
Reply With Quote #2

Setting up AMX Mod X and adding other plugins it essentially the same for any type of server. When you rent a game server from a game server provider, you will be getting what is called the "Standalone Half-Life Dedicated Server (HLDS)" and often they have the option of installing AMX Mod X from the game control panel. You should look for this option if you don't already have AMX Mod X running on the server. Once AMX Mod X is installed, you simply install additional AMX Mod X plugins.

If AMX Mod X is not installed, you can easily follow the instructions here.

P.S. I do not recommend posting your e-mail here. People can post to this thread to get in contact with you and if you need ot have a private conversation, use the Private Messages (PM) in the forums. If you really want to communicate via some other method, you should give that information in a PM.

Last edited by fysiks; 11-29-2020 at 05:20.
Pablo330
Old 11-29-2020 , 14:16   Re: Hello fellow geniuses! counter-strike 1.6 HNS set-up.
Reply With Quote #3

Thank you for the feedback fysiks. But I've been trying to put blockmaker_v4.01 into my server all night but the little tutorials they do have are ALL on dedicated servers, I understand this is simple for some but I don't specialize in this and have 0 clue on what to do. I'd much rather pay someone to do this and avoid the headache. You would think there would be CLEAR step-by-step instructions on every plug-in.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2020 , 00:16   Re: Hello fellow geniuses! counter-strike 1.6 HNS set-up.
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo330 View Post
Thank you for the feedback fysiks.
Well, did you get AMX Mod X working at least?

Quote:
But I've been trying to put blockmaker_v4.01 into my server all night but the little tutorials they do have are ALL on dedicated servers, I understand this is simple for some but I don't specialize in this and have 0 clue on what to do. I'd much rather pay someone to do this and avoid the headache.
All Half-Life servers (like Counter-Strike 1.6, Day of Defeat 1.3, TFC, etc.) will be "dedicated" servers when renting from any game service provider. The "D" in HLDS is stands for "dedicated" and you can't run anything other than HLDS on those types of services. The only type of server that isn't "dedicated" is when you select "New Game" in the game itself, this is called a "listen" server.

Regardless, installing AMX Mod X plugins is exactly the same for all types of servers.

Quote:
You would think there would be CLEAR step-by-step instructions on every plug-in.
99% of plugins out there have the same instructions (the link I posted in my last reply). If a plugin has special instructions, the plugin's original thread should explain them. However, realize that these plugins on the forums are provided by the community and are not forced to have perfect documentation.

Regarding blockmaker_v4.01, specifically, it has a bunch of extra resources that are required. These are packaged up very conveniently in the provided zip file. Because the zip file is organized in a way that matches the server file structure exactly, it's very easy to upload these files:
  1. Simply unzip the provided zip file
  2. Open your FTP application and connect
  3. In the remote file browser (in Filezilla, this defaults to the right side for me), make sure that you are in the root of the game server (i.e. you should see "addons", "models", "sound", etc folders, these should be in a folder called "cstrike").
  4. In the local file browser (in Filezilla, this defaults to the left side for me), browse to the extracted files (you should see the "addons" and other folders)
  5. Select all the local folders and upload.
  6. Then edit your plugins.ini to add it to the list of plugin to run.

And obviously, you're certainly welcome to wait for someone who would be willing to do it for you but realize there is a security risk in doing this. This person could potentially install a backdoor into your server by giving themselves RCON and/or Admin access.

Last edited by fysiks; 12-01-2020 at 00:26.