Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

better admin slot reservation

Post New Thread Reply   

imported_malex
Old 10-24-2004 , 07:14  
Reply With Quote #11

This ties in well with the proposed authentication system and groups. Similar to the "special" Disconnect group, the reservation system could use another "special" group called PleaseDontKickMe let's say. The reservation plugin would ignore any players in this group when picking someone to kick. This would easily allow you to immunize people by IP address or steamid or whatever other authentication plugins you have running.

The group-based authentication system opens up interesting new ways of doing things, ways not easily done in the old AMX Mod X universe.

\malex\
micr0c0sm
Old 10-24-2004 , 12:59  
Reply With Quote #12

Isnt there already a group that is unkickable in users.ini? So this plugin would not have to handle that issue?
Send a message via AIM to micr0c0sm
imported_malex
Old 10-24-2004 , 21:42  
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by micr0c0sm
Isnt there already a group that is unkickable in users.ini? So this plugin would not have to handle that issue?
The authentication system is being redesigned for SourceMod.

\malex\
scout121
Old 10-24-2004 , 21:45  
Reply With Quote #14

but wouldnt that require the server operator to idividually get every single steam ID for all of the regular clients. I am not going to do that.
imported_malex
Old 10-24-2004 , 21:49  
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by scout121
but wouldnt that require the server operator to idividually get every single steam ID for all of the regular clients. I am not going to do that.
Not quite. The authentication system proposed would let you add people to a group based on steamid or ip address or name, or anything else you'd like to write a plugin to determine. Theoretically, you could write a plugin that interfaces with your stats system, like Psychostats or something, and adds that PleaseDontKickMe group to any players who've played more than 24 hours in the past month and have killed less than 3 teammates. The plugin-based authentication system will be glorious!

\malex\
NightshadoW
Old 10-26-2004 , 13:40  
Reply With Quote #16

Wow guys, I am truly liking what I hear. Especially kicking anyone not in a certain IP range.
jXp Source Pub : 66.150.107.95:27015
Send a message via AIM to NightshadoW