Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2 map enhancer] Melee Fort Plus

Post New Thread Reply   

the asylum
Old 12-24-2013 , 17:01   [TF2 map enhancer] Melee Fort Plus
Reply With Quote #1

hai i has a request

I maintain a series of maps called Melee Fort, and I take pride in making them the best melee maps available (it sounds absurd, I know, but I'm an absurd guy).

My philosophy on mapmaking is basically "set it and forget it" for admins. I aim to make maps that need no external tweaking to function correctly, no matter how far they deviate from the usual Valve-defined gameplay. As such, in order to strip weapons without use of plugins, I've had to send Kill inputs to the individual weapon entity names. Players getting their weapons back when their team wins the round (via func_regenerate) for epic kill sprees is also a favorite gimmick of mine that I just haven't the heart to drop.

Ever since the Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol was introduced, however, I've had to make a compromise.

Using the func_regenerate for resupply lockers was something I really really really wanted to keep, so Caber Demos and CnD Spies wouldn't have to quickly switch classes and back again. That, and having lines of health and ammo looks really tacky. Unfortunately, the PBPP gives the Scout +25 HP, which, when unequipped, drops him back down to 125 HP, steadily decaying from 150 HP. The problem is, Scouts could simply equip the PBPP, sit inside the func_regenerate trigger brush, and wait for other players to continually trigger the kill inputs to the PBPP. Doing this, they could gain an insane amount of HP, becoming almost unkillable.

Another problem with weapon stripping, brought to my attention by someone with far greater knowledge of Source's workings than I, is the Soldier's banner items. When stripped enough times, they can kind of potentially crash the game (or so I'm told).

Now, I'm as dumb as a brick when it comes to Sourcemod, so this is where I get on my knees and start begging.

What I need is a plugin that can be activated by having mfp 1 in a map's cfg file. What I need it to do is:

- Puts the server on melee only mode via melee 1 command, takes it off melee mode via melee 0
- Killing a trigger_multiple named stripper2
- Killing a func_brush named regen_blocker
- Killing all entities named respawn_items
- Replaces the Half-Zatoichi with the Pain Train
---- If possible, for players that have the Zato equipped, give them this message string: The Half-Zaotichi is banned! Use this Pain Train Instead!
- Have this message string run periodically: This server is running Melee Fort Plus, for the optimal Melee Fort Experience

I realize that I'm asking quite a bit, but if someone could do this for me, I'd be eternally grateful.

Last edited by the asylum; 12-28-2013 at 16:20.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 12-24-2013 , 18:02   Re: [TF2 map enhancer] Melee Fort Plus
Reply With Quote #2

You could use stripper source and make map configs to remove those entities, and then well, you just need to deal with the weapon. You could just install tf2items extension, and use the tf2items manager to edit weapon attributes via config file. I think mabye though, that the zato will still kill people in 1v1 duels :/

Using an approach like this might give you more customization until you get more comfortable with sm, as opposed to a static plugin. In the meantime, you could also run a plugin to lock out the select few items that you can't edit easily (zatochi, soda popper, etc) - thse items with unique cooldown/meters - like tf2nounlocks.
the asylum
Old 12-25-2013 , 10:01   Re: [TF2 map enhancer] Melee Fort Plus
Reply With Quote #3

The problem is, I need my maps to work on their most absolute basic level. As if someone just rented a server, DL'd a map, and put it on rotation, no plugins at all. That requires blocking off access to the func_regenerate brushes at the resupply locker props.

Fooling around with how weapons behave is among the last things I want to do. It's a jarring experence for players who expect weapons that are familiar to them start acting differently. The designer in me absolutely refuses to let this happen.

PLus, requiring admins to jump though all those hoops makes them more likely to just take a pass on my maps :/
the asylum
Old 12-28-2013 , 16:21   Re: [TF2 map enhancer] Melee Fort Plus
Reply With Quote #4

updated my requests, gibe plugin plos :/
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 12-29-2013 , 15:06   Re: [TF2 map enhancer] Melee Fort Plus
Reply With Quote #5

Any particular reason you don't make your map with a tf_logic_medieval entity on it and then just kill the bow and crossbow entities? Or are there weapons not allowed in Medieval that you want to allow?
Old 12-29-2013 , 19:34   Re: [TF2 map enhancer] Melee Fort Plus
Reply With Quote #6

One of my prized gimmicks behind Melee Fort is the winning team getting their weapons back, and I just haven't the heart to drop it
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 12-30-2013 , 06:01   Re: [TF2 map enhancer] Melee Fort Plus
Reply With Quote #7

There you go
http://docs.sourcemod.net/api/
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-01-2014 , 12:08   Re: [TF2 map enhancer] Melee Fort Plus
Reply With Quote #8

Contact me if you want the plugin made, I will charge though. 99.9% sure someone in the community will make the plugin for free anyways.