Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

FF2 Bug? Spy backstabs INSTAKILL boss.

Post New Thread Reply   

Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 11-22-2015 , 17:35   Re: Bug? Spy backstabs INSTAKILL boss.
Reply With Quote #11

Oh well, that was why it happened in VSH. Since FF2 is usually riddled with all sorts of other errors I can't speak for that. If you ever updated it to my formula at any point though you might want to check it. Because it's also something that happens -with no errors-. It's just bad math. 43421 damage is a perfectly valid number.

Last edited by Chdata; 11-22-2015 at 17:36.
MaloModo
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2015 , 13:57   Re: Bug? Spy backstabs INSTAKILL boss.
Reply With Quote #12

Yeah this is happening with Kuna and yes the power jack is one shot killing if freak is on fire/in air I believe. Anyhow anyone have 1.10.6 compiled?

UPDATE: Running latest version of everything. Not every time but yeah powerjack with freak in air and/or fire. Kuna backstab one kill but not every time, seems like on 2nd or 3rd. Version 1.10.6 failed to compile on Github I guess. Can someone plz post 1.10.6? Someone is suggesting on health drain?

Last edited by MaloModo; 11-23-2015 at 14:29.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2015 , 15:52   Re: Bug? Spy backstabs INSTAKILL boss.
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
Yeah this is happening with Kuna and yes the power jack is one shot killing if freak is on fire/in air I believe. Anyhow anyone have 1.10.6 compiled?

UPDATE: Running latest version of everything. Not every time but yeah powerjack with freak in air and/or fire. Kuna backstab one kill but not every time, seems like on 2nd or 3rd. Version 1.10.6 failed to compile on Github I guess. Can someone plz post 1.10.6? Someone is suggesting on health drain?
I already know about the Powerjack bug, though the issue on Github is sorely lacking in details. And please, when posting bugs, also mention if there's any errors or not.

1.10.6 is available on the Releases page (https://github.com/50DKP/FF2-Official/releases).
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2015 , 17:18   Re: Bug? Spy backstabs INSTAKILL boss.
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wliu View Post
I already know about the Powerjack bug, though the issue on Github is sorely lacking in details. And please, when posting bugs, also mention if there's any errors or not.

1.10.6 is available on the Releases page (https://github.com/50DKP/FF2-Official/releases).
The zip file is corrupt I believe. Keeps saying this when try to extract..at least with winrar.

You need to have the following volume to continue extraction:

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Localxxxx\freak_fortres s_2.z01

I tried compiling after sorting all the include files but kept getting some critical errors.

That is the thing there is no errors to report. If there was I would. I even enabled error reporting in FF2 config file but don't see anything extra?

and this which I assume you posted: freak_fortress_2.tar.gz is missing because Travis failed me once again. I may or may not rectify that.

Last edited by MaloModo; 11-23-2015 at 17:23.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 11-23-2015 , 22:29   Re: Bug? Spy backstabs INSTAKILL boss.
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaloModo View Post
The zip file is corrupt I believe. Keeps saying this when try to extract..at least with winrar.

You need to have the following volume to continue extraction:

C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Localxxxx\freak_fortres s_2.z01

I tried compiling after sorting all the include files but kept getting some critical errors.

That is the thing there is no errors to report. If there was I would. I even enabled error reporting in FF2 config file but don't see anything extra?

and this which I assume you posted: freak_fortress_2.tar.gz is missing because Travis failed me once again. I may or may not rectify that.
Right, I forgot that 1.10.6's release archives are totally broken. The .zip file is massively corrupted (it was also corrupted on 1.10.7; had to .zip it myself), and the .tar.gz file was missing because of a Travis mis-configuration. The only workaround in that case would be to compile the files yourself from https://github.com/50DKP/FF2-Official/tree/1.10.6.
Veteran Member
Old 11-24-2015 , 13:33   Re: Bug? Spy backstabs INSTAKILL boss.
Reply With Quote #16

OK well going back to 1.10.6 "fixed" these issues. Any FYI to server owners out there, one of my community members/admins went on to some other FF2 servers and the insta kill with powerjack was present. It seems that the people playing on these servers weren't even aware?

So yeah you might want to "downgrade" or fix the problem. I had been using https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1319084 to block these weapons and it was working fine. But I found backup of 1.10.6 on my putter. I am posting it here for anyone who might need it.

And remember to disable update

UPDATE: On a side note..one of the newer "fancy" subplugins seems to be conflicting/messing with FF2. Trying to narrow it down. It seems sometimes attributes applied to "freaks" "weapons" seems to carry over to the rest of the players for the rest of the map. An example would be no critz on one freak I just uploaded and then for the rest of the map after playing that round the rest of the players didn't have critz, for instance, on the powerjack.
Attached Files
File Type: smx freak_fortress_2.smx (119.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (freak_fortress_2.sp - 23 views - 255.9 KB)

Last edited by MaloModo; 11-24-2015 at 14:12.
Wliu
Veteran Member
Old 11-24-2015 , 15:30   Re: Bug? Spy backstabs INSTAKILL boss.
Reply With Quote #17

1.10.8 will be coming out very soon to fix this.
Veteran Member
Old 11-24-2015 , 16:33   Re: Bug? Spy backstabs INSTAKILL boss.
Reply With Quote #18

1.10.8 is now out and should resolve both the Powerjack and the Kunai issue.