Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Bean Fried Potatoes

Post New Thread Reply   

TheNewt
Donor
Old 08-16-2007 , 20:05   Bean Fried Potatoes
Reply With Quote #1

is what I say to Microsoft's new Sharepoint services 3.0. Freaking thing keeps giving every user other then the machine's SYSTEM administrator a 403 error. Something is seriously wrong with the way microsoft is developing things nowadays. -_-
Pro Patria Finland
Old 08-17-2007 , 00:35   Re: Bean Fried Potatoes
Reply With Quote #2

Microsoft does services?

I thought they only concentrate on writing more bugs.
Donor
Old 08-17-2007 , 01:11   Re: Bean Fried Potatoes
Reply With Quote #3

They do, amongst it is a product called Sharepoint. Its a type of a private website that stores events, and lists, and has a calender blah blah blah, it even has a wiki page which was cool to play around with. Other then this freaking bug, that only system administrator* can alter anything and then other full access users can't alter anything.

*by system administrator, I mean the person who has administrator on that computer and has access to the files -blah blah blah.
stupok
Veteran Member
Old 08-17-2007 , 01:27   Re: Bean Fried Potatoes
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Patria Finland View Post
I thought they only concentrate on writing more bugs.
lulz
Old 08-17-2007 , 01:52   Re: Bean Fried Potatoes
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticDeath View Post
They do, amongst it is a product called Sharepoint. Its a type of a private website that stores events, and lists, and has a calender blah blah blah, it even has a wiki page which was cool to play around with. Other then this freaking bug, that only system administrator* can alter anything and then other full access users can't alter anything.

*by system administrator, I mean the person who has administrator on that computer and has access to the files -blah blah blah.
Why not just kick on a private forum of some sort? Does the same things (atleast the ones you listed), is not made by Microsoft and propably works. That way you could have others with editing rights too.
Donor
Old 08-17-2007 , 14:38   Re: Bean Fried Potatoes
Reply With Quote #6

Haha, yeah forum would be decent, but this has an event manager and such. Its more designed for a Company to hold a lot of information about employees as well as task lists, all of which employees can visit outside the office and post up saying "I will be absent this day", etc. The old version 2.0 worked fine, but 3.0 looks pretty nice and has a lot more features, including a wiki and such. On top of all this, you can expand it with other features as well, so its expandable.
But psycho-soft fks everything up.
Lee
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-17-2007 , 19:32   Re: Bean Fried Potatoes
Reply With Quote #7

Bashing Microsoft is overrated. And by overrated, I mean stupid.
Pro Patria Finland
Old 08-18-2007 , 07:35   Re: Bean Fried Potatoes
Reply With Quote #8

I've gained my right to bash Microsoft. After a decade of using their products I know what Microsoft does, and how they do it. I also know what the alternatives are, and I use them as much as I can. Still, because software developers fail to see the alternative solutions (OS wise mostly) I am too dependent on using Microsoft products.

For example, I know dozens of people who would switch to Linux instantly, if they would have a Linux-version of Steam and Steam games.

Anywho, Microsoft lately has had to buy and cheat their way to make sure the alternatives are NOT supported. They have too much control over hardware and software. The latest horrifying news come from Holland and their vote for making Open XML an ISO standard.

Microsoft = Greed and that's why I don't like them.
Donor
Old 08-18-2007 , 16:58   Re: Bean Fried Potatoes
Reply With Quote #9

Right. An example is that Microsoft tried buying out Netscape. They refused and Microsoft totally made it incompatible with Windows.
Lee
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-18-2007 , 17:29   Re: Bean Fried Potatoes
Reply With Quote #10

Please provide a reliable source stating Microsoft intentionally "made Windows incompatible with Netscape". Of all the crazy things Microsoft has been accused of, I've never heard that before. How is that even possible?

I removed the majority of this post. I'm not interested in arguing about it. I'm just curious to see if you have any of evidence to support your claim.

Last edited by Lee; 08-18-2007 at 18:10.