Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2] Dodgeball Redux - Updated: bugfixes and QoL changes (v0.3.2, 2020-11-23)

Post New Thread Reply   

Sigara
Old 03-06-2015 , 04:16   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
It's really easy to do so, the only problem iis that I'm not sure if it's ok to precache models/sounds/materials in the middle of a map.

Also, sorry for being so informal and messy with these updates, I'm just fixing bugs and stuff until I got something really stable and without any bugs to post on the OP.
I don't think materials and so can really take affect in tell a map change anyway. because the people already on the server can't download when there already playing. The other stuff like changing speed and changing the max amount of rockets is what I care about more.
Old 03-06-2015 , 16:14   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
It's really easy to do so, the only problem iis that I'm not sure if it's ok to precache models/sounds/materials in the middle of a map.

Also, sorry for being so informal and messy with these updates, I'm just fixing bugs and stuff until I got something really stable and without any bugs to post on the OP.
If it's cached on map start it can be called and changed at any point, sounds can be cached at any time except in some cases for certain types of sounds(What they are used for/with)

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2015 , 16:57   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #93

I see.. I'll add/test this command, add some fixes, move the configs folder to, well, config/ and I'll update the plugin tonight.

Thanks everyone for the help/feedback ^-^
Old 03-07-2015 , 23:13   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #94

Ok new update!
  • Now the configs' directory is sourcemod/cofings/dodgeball_redux/ .
  • Fixed the big explosion (it wasn't working on my last version).
  • Improved the function that "moves" a spawned rocket* from one slot to another when the limit is lowered.
  • Added sm_reloaddb (!reloaddb) command, the configs file will be reloaded when the round ends.

*For example, if there are two player left in each team, and the first rocket (red) kills someone, the 2nd rocket will be moved to the 1st slot, when this happens the blue hud disappears, the model/light/spray changes colors to red, and now the red hud contains the rocket's info.

This will be the last "beta" before changing the OP, the only thing left to add is the observer point.

If anyone has any suggestion, I'll be glad to add it in a to-do list.

Edit: fixed some thing sin the rocketclasses.cfg:
The nuke model should be "Model" "models/buildables/sentry3_rockets.mdl" te other model is the custom nuke model (and I don't have the files right now)

Also above "explosion" there was a } misplaced
Attached Files
File Type: zip dodgeball.zip (877.1 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by ClassicGuzzi; 03-08-2015 at 16:57.
michael5323
Old 03-09-2015 , 04:29   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #95

Can Someone pm me the latest working version of steam tools? Thanks
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2015 , 12:17   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael5323 View Post
Can Someone pm me the latest working version of steam tools? Thanks
He links it in the OP....

yellowblood
Old 03-10-2015 , 10:39   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #97

Very cool mod, works well with my tfdb_baseball map.

1. Is there a way to set the rockets color to the target team?

2. Is it possible to enable aiming to players, but without changing the rocket's default speed?

3. Can you please add the "elevate on deflect" option? it was very useful.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2015 , 13:15   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowblood View Post
Very cool mod, works well with my tfdb_baseball map.

1. Is there a way to set the rockets color to the target team?
You mean like the colored rocket thing (light/trail/model colored) but changin from red to blue and from blue to red constantly?
Quote:
2. Is it possible to enable aiming to players, but without changing the rocket's default speed?
I'll change the aimed shot sped argument to a multiplicator, so you could just use "1.0"
Quote:
3. Can you please add the "elevate on deflect" option? it was very useful.
I'm no exactly sure how to do that, but I'll check it on the old YADBP and add it.
Old 03-10-2015 , 16:57   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #99

Quote:
You mean like the colored rocket thing (light/trail/model colored) but changin from red to blue and from blue to red constantly?

I'll change the aimed shot sped argument to a multiplicator, so you could just use "1.0"

I'm no exactly sure how to do that, but I'll check it on the old YADBP and add it.
It adds onto the Z axis the velocity, would be my guess, and checks if convar is set, if it is += number

The Z(vertical) axis when dealing with velocity is [2], the code is already there for when it's reflected, just add a little teleport entity change

ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-10-2015 , 17:42   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
It adds onto the Z axis the velocity, would be my guess, and checks if convar is set, if it is += number

The Z(vertical) axis when dealing with velocity is [2], the code is already there for when it's reflected, just add a little teleport entity change
Oh I see, if I remember correctly, the other plugin also had a elevate on deflect incrementation.

I'll add that, change the supershot to a factor and for the team-colored rocket I won't doing it, at last for now, for two main reasons:
I would have to edit a lot of the multicolored-rocket parts to allow that, and I recently added a new feature:

When there are two rockets coming near to you, even if only one is targeting you, until they get really close to you, you don't know which one is it, so I added annotations. They'll have the rocket's name (or "Color Name" if you are using multicolored rockets) and will be only visible for the rocket's target. Also, when they get close to you (or spawn close to you) the annotation won't show up and you can change the distance on the config.

This is really awesome because you'll now where is the rocket even if it's not in your screen.

Last edited by ClassicGuzzi; 03-10-2015 at 17:43.