It's been a long time since we've mentioned SourceMod
on the AMX Mod X news; however, today we'd like to announce that SourceMod is now officially "beta."
SourceMod is a complete rewrite of AMX Mod X for the Half-Life 2 Platform. Have you ever wanted to experiment with Half-Life 2 coding? Are you interested in seeing the next "AMX Mod X" get built from the ground up? If so, now is a great time to start checking it out. The AlliedModders team has spent the past sixth months "redoing" AMX Mod X to fix all of those things that annoy people:
- New administrative model
- Dynamic loading/unloading of plugins and modules
- Autoloading of plugins, even from subfolders
- A rewritten Pawn engine which is much faster+better
- A better translation system
- An object oriented extension API with everything exposed to modules
- A very well documented native set, with conforming, easy to understand naming schemes
- A separate "string" tag, and passing functions as variables
- Dynamic arrays!
- An event and message system that lets you remove hooks
- "Pcvars" are the only way
- Actually unified SQL, including prepared statement support
- Much more flexible menu API
- Automatic access checks for commands, and automatic chat triggers
Interested in Half-Life 2 with SourceMod yet? For more information, check out http://www.sourcemod.net/
, where you can find nightly builds, documentation, forums, and the SDK. Or hop on IRC (#sourcemod @ irc.gamesurge.net) to ask questions.
This concludes our somewhat shameless plug (it's a sister project, after all) ;)