Raised This Month: $45 Target: $400
 11% 

[TF2] + [MVM] Red2Robot v2


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author
StormishJustice
Member
Join Date: May 2015
Location: In a mysterious place.
Plugin ID:
4758
Plugin Version:
2.1.2
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
     
    Plugin Description:
    Allows you to go to the ROBOTS team.
    Old 07-27-2015 , 09:17   [TF2] + [MVM] Red2Robot v2
    Reply With Quote #1

    Red2Robotv2

    This is a new version of Red2Robot and is always alive with new updates, hope you enjoy.

    What's so different between this plugin and Red2Robot?
    • Giants health are the same as the default giant robots. (well for some)
    • Giants has the looping sound like the default giant robots.
    • Giants have their own attributes instead of being the same attributes.
    • Giants have yellow eyes including some special robots players can play as.
    • The commands default flag is the reservation flag.
    • You can play as the steel gauntlet (sm_gauntlet), steel gauntlet pusher (sm_gauntletpusher), shortstop scout(sm_shortstop), bowman rapid fire (sm_bowmanrapidfire), deflector (sm_deflector) and more, you can see them in the changelog.
    • Being in spawn earns you the same conditions when robots are in spawn (Hidden ‹BERCHARGE and ‹BERCHARGE Fading)
    • Non-bot players can be stunned once a gate spawns, except for those who play as giant robots.
    • Giant Robot Players get the miniboss attribute, means that players can look at the giant's health (if they have the floating healthbar option on) and exploding will work as the same as killing a giant robot, also adds the giant heavy and giant soldier shooting sounds, also not to get slowed down if a giant player carries a bomb and so on.
    • Giant Robot Players size follows the cvar tf_mvm_miniboss_scale value, so if the cvar value is changed, the players who are playing as giant robots have their size replaced too instead of being kept to 1.75 size.
    • The plugin uses the new syntax instead of the old syntax for easier coding and better stability.

    What i am planning in the future
    1. Find a way to deploy the bomb by players.
    2. Letting the normal small robot players to carry the bomb and have it's buffs (except giants)
    3. Maybe allow the giants or small robots to become gate-bots?

    You need TF2Attributes and TF2Items for the plugin to work.

    Changelog
    Here's a link to it since i'm so lazy to make a full list of what happened


    Commands and ConVars
    Full List

    (HOT?) Bomb Upgrades
    Some people wanted to grab the bomb with upgrades, so i modified Pelipoika's flag to bomb plugin and created that. (note it can work on other maps so i suggest you use map configs to fix some stuff)
    Link to the plugin is HERE.

    Credits
    Bitl for the original plugin.
    Benoist3012 for helping me on spawning the weapons and making the spawn ubercharge, and of course for telling me the miniboss boolean and the new sourcepawn syntax.
    Michalplyoutube BWR2 source, with his source i could find a few things i might add in Red2Robotv2 since he abandoned coding on TF2.
    awesome144 on giving me the idea of the hidden ubercharge and fading.
    Me (StormishJustice) for remaking this plugin.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (red2robotv2.sp - 435 views - 66.0 KB)
    File Type: smx red2robotv2.smx (33.5 KB, 883 views)

    Last edited by StormishJustice; 04-20-2016 at 17:49. Reason: Update 2.1.2b
    StormishJustice is offline
    Send a message via AIM to StormishJustice Send a message via Yahoo to StormishJustice Send a message via Skype™ to StormishJustice
    Benoist3012
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Location: CWave::ForceFinish()
    Old 07-27-2015 , 10:01   Re: [TF2] + [MVM] Red2Robot v2
    Reply With Quote #2

    hmmmm well credits? I think this plugin need it.
    __________________
    Benoist3012 is offline
    Potato Uno
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Jan 2014
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia
    Old 07-27-2015 , 10:47   Re: [TF2] + [MVM] Red2Robot v2
    Reply With Quote #3

    Well that was downright rude. You didn't even acknowledge the original author's work. I'm aure you didn't write the whole thing from scratch yourself. As Benoist says:

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benoist3012 View Post
    hmmmm well credits? I think this plugin need it.
    Potato Uno is offline
    Potato Uno
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Jan 2014
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia
    Old 07-27-2015 , 17:13   Re: [TF2] + [MVM] Red2Robot v2
    Reply With Quote #4

    You don't need to ask for the author's permission. The GPL allows you to modify, build, or distribute the work of any plugin that you have received. (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html)

    Just credit the original author, and make note that he is the original author and the edits you made to the plugin were your additions, and you are golden. It's basically primary school ethics 101: you credit the source that you used to make your project. That's all.

    You can fork any plugin you want (in this case, you forked red2robot) but just give credit to the original author where it is due. As your OP currently stands, it sounds like you wrote the whole thing yourself.

    I can fork TF2BWR and inject my own bot control extension into it and it's perfectly legal, and furthermore the makers can't stop me from doing so (I don't need their permission). I just have to credit Michal, Benoist and Leonardo for the original plugin that I used to build my features off of.

    Last edited by Potato Uno; 07-27-2015 at 17:16.
    Potato Uno is offline
    Benoist3012
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Location: CWave::ForceFinish()
    Old 07-28-2015 , 08:46   Re: [TF2] + [MVM] Red2Robot v2
    Reply With Quote #5

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
    I can fork TF2BWR and inject my own bot control extension into it and it's perfectly legal, and furthermore the makers can't stop me from doing so (I don't need their permission). I just have to credit Michal, Benoist and Leonardo for the original plugin that I used to build my features off of.
    Yes until the source is showed in public anyone is free to do whatever they want, and credits are need, it's a kind of "thanks".

    Bot control extension? Hmm interesting, I can't wait to see that .
    __________________
    Benoist3012 is offline
    StormishJustice
    Member
    Join Date: May 2015
    Location: In a mysterious place.
    Old 07-28-2015 , 12:35   Re: [TF2] + [MVM] Red2Robot v2
    Reply With Quote #6

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Benoist3012 View Post
    Yes until the source is showed in public anyone is free to do whatever they want, and credits are need, it's a kind of "thanks".

    Bot control extension? Hmm interesting, I can't wait to see that .
    There is already a bot control plugin in ThisLD, except it's not public.
    __________________
    StormishJustice is offline
    Send a message via AIM to StormishJustice Send a message via Yahoo to StormishJustice Send a message via Skype™ to StormishJustice
    Benoist3012
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Mar 2014
    Location: CWave::ForceFinish()
    Old 07-28-2015 , 16:09   Re: [TF2] + [MVM] Red2Robot v2
    Reply With Quote #7

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StormishJustice View Post
    There is already a bot control plugin in ThisLD, except it's not public.
    I'm know I'm friend with the creator
    __________________
    Benoist3012 is offline
    Oshizu
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: Warsaw
    Old 07-28-2015 , 16:24   Re: [TF2] + [MVM] Red2Robot v2
    Reply With Quote #8

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Potato Uno View Post
    You don't need to ask for the author's permission. The GPL allows you to modify, build, or distribute the work of any plugin that you have received. (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html)

    Just credit the original author, and make note that he is the original author and the edits you made to the plugin were your additions, and you are golden. It's basically primary school ethics 101: you credit the source that you used to make your project. That's all.

    You can fork any plugin you want (in this case, you forked red2robot) but just give credit to the original author where it is due. As your OP currently stands, it sounds like you wrote the whole thing yourself.

    I can fork TF2BWR and inject my own bot control extension into it and it's perfectly legal, and furthermore the makers can't stop me from doing so (I don't need their permission). I just have to credit Michal, Benoist and Leonardo for the original plugin that I used to build my features off of.
    Were you using botdata_t in your extension by the chance?
    I myself once ago worked on Bot Control Extensoin but got bored out of project
    It was mix of botdata_t and valve's functions for it (botdata_t::AddAttackCommand n' friends)
    __________________
    ...
    Oshizu is offline
    Potato Uno
    Veteran Member
    Join Date: Jan 2014
    Location: Atlanta, Georgia
    Old 07-28-2015 , 17:16   Re: [TF2] + [MVM] Red2Robot v2
    Reply With Quote #9

    I wrote the thing a long time ago, got bored of the project and eventually deleted it because none of my friends were interested in the plugin at the end of the day. Maybe when people are interested in it I'll look back into it. None of the stuff ThisLD has is hard to do... And none of the expert MvM players I know of want them which is why I don't bother ripping off their work.

    MvM randomizer with custom upgrades station is what most of my friends want atm.

    /thread derail

    Last edited by Potato Uno; 07-28-2015 at 17:18.
    Potato Uno is offline
    S Partner
    Junior Member
    Join Date: Jan 2015
    Old 08-04-2015 , 12:15   Re: [TF2] + [MVM] Red2Robot v2
    Reply With Quote #10

    Rate 10/10 love it, i use this and combo it with item designer and make me any robot type i want.
    (Giant Burst Fire Soldier ect.) love the miniboss attribute.

    One request... can you make it directable towards others and not just yourself?
    i.e sm_giant @aim/@player/@username
    /giant [Username]
    that would be great so i could force giant on my mvm server on bots and not just me. thanks
    S Partner is offline
    Reply


    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 14:34.


    Powered by vBulletin®
    Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    Theme made by Freecode