3% 

[L4D2] Vote Blocker v1.3.4

Post New Thread Reply   

Carl Sagan
Old 04-17-2015 , 09:44   Re: [L4D2] Vote Blocker v1.3.4
Reply With Quote #121

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus200 View Post
Everything works fine apart from block spectator votes and this is the one i need the most.

I have spectator set to "z" flag and yet i remove my admin status to test it and i can always vote in spectator? I dont want spectators voting at all.

Anybody have spectator block vote working?

I tested everything myself before publishing this update and nothing gave me issues.

Did you reload admins or restart the server once you removed yourself as admin?
maximus200
Old 04-18-2015 , 08:17   Re: [L4D2] Vote Blocker v1.3.4
Reply With Quote #122

Yes i try all this, i restart server a few times to be sure.
When i removed my admin status it was correct as i no longer had admin menus and also i try to change difficulty and restart campaign (both are set to "z" flag for test) and Vote Blocker worked correctly and refused me so it is running and working for me almost.

Its just block spectator votes i am having issue with. I don't mind spectators, but i just don't want them voting that's all.
When i try myself as a spectator (as none admin) i can still vote. I vote to change to new mission for test as spectator (which is not blocked) and always new mission is accepted.

Spectator voting is set to "z" flag so this should not happen yes? I do not wish to block vote new mission for players who are in game, just those who are spectators and all other votes as mentioned already.
s.m.a.c head
Old 06-22-2015 , 10:53   Re: [L4D2] Vote Blocker v1.3.4
Reply With Quote #123

Quote:
L 06/22/2015 - 15:42:42: Info (map "c8m1_apartment") (file "errors_20150622.log")
L 06/22/2015 - 15:42:42: [SM] Native "GetUserAdmin" reported: Client index 0 is invalid
L 06/22/2015 - 15:42:42: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "voteblocker.smx":
L 06/22/2015 - 15:42:42: [SM] [0] Line 340, C:\Google Drive\Projects\Plugins\Vote Blocker\VoteBlocker.sp::Listener_CallVote()
L 06/22/2015 - 15:488: Error log file session closed.

I get this error, also a lot of the time it shows incorrect player in vote (after vote is passed or fails)
Soandso was voted off (but Soandso is still on the server) ?
jefferson17
Old 11-29-2015 , 01:39   Re: [L4D2] Vote Blocker v1.3.4
Reply With Quote #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_box View Post
I really like this plugin but the change difficulty doesn't work anymore, I set it to "z" but people are still able to vote change it.
Perhaps your source mod is out of date? that's the only thing I can think of. This is a really good plug-in.

OH - LOL to the massive back and forth w/ that "Dr House" guy. Just hilarious that he continuously pretends to not get what you are saying. To me it was obvious after a post or two that he was just trolling. I'm sure he's one of the people that we banned on our l4d servers a LONG time ago.
PurpleStabsPixel
Old 11-20-2016 , 08:32   Re: [L4D2] Vote Blocker v1.3.4
Reply With Quote #125

This worked perfect for me. I'm always testing plugins by joining my server and its a damn shame when I join in to test something I'm kicked out of MY SERVER before I even join. Just tested it with some people in the server and it worked perfect they couldn't kick me.

I tried Vote Manager 3, while it worked my server wouldn't go online. Meaning no one could join even if it said it was running. So thanks for the plugin man!
PVNDV
Old 11-20-2016 , 10:23   Re: [L4D2] Vote Blocker v1.3.4
Reply With Quote #126

edited Vote Manager 3 is better for me.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 01-13-2018 , 12:15   Re: [L4D2] Vote Blocker v1.3.4
Reply With Quote #127

The plugin does not compile if you don't have the updater...
TomDaBomb
Old 02-13-2018 , 21:03   Re: [L4D2] Vote Blocker v1.3.4
Reply With Quote #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by winged_box View Post
It's alright now, I managed to solve it after edited the scripting and compiled it.

Before you can compile you need to download cURL and updater zip file.

cURL: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=152216

updater: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=169095

After that just extrace the files in their 'scripting/include' folder and place it into your sourcemod scripting/include folder.

Only then it will compile successfully.

1 thing I noticed about Linux server is that sometimes the plugin don't read the new setting you edited in it's cfg. file properly.

You have to edit it in the scripting and compile it to make it like the default setting.

I'm using this plugin for my linux server.
I've noticed the same issue myself where i change the values in the .cfg file but it doesnt take to the plugin and it keeps using the values set within the plugin, right now the kick vote option is on 0 but nobody can vote to kick
TomDaBomb
Old 02-13-2018 , 21:06   Re: [L4D2] Vote Blocker v1.3.4
Reply With Quote #129

@ s.m.a.c head - that sounds like an issue that happens when you have more than the default # of players in a server, so if you set up a 12 player coop server then it mixes up the players that are the same survivor cuz the game identifies players by the survivor not game id in a lot of cases, so you might need the Survivor Identify Fix plugin or something that does the same thing which should keep the admin menu from getting mixed up or the witch often attacks the wrong player if theres multiples of the survivors, but it could be somethin else

that error looks like its having trouble finding your admin list
majdcobra
Old 12-12-2018 , 12:44   Re: [L4D2] Vote Blocker v1.3.4
Reply With Quote #130

where do you put these cvar commands? I tried to put them on server.cfg and it did not work for me.