Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Custom Weapons X

Post New Thread Reply   

Popcornmap203
Old 07-08-2023 , 17:16   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #31

Hi I'm Having a problem with making custom weapons, i want to give sniper a scattergun but it didn't work.

"weapon11-bocd-47ef-b6f7-33g0a62a7df7"
{
"name" "tester"
"inherits" "TF_WEAPON_SCATTERGUN"
"defindex" "13"
"used_by_classes"
{
"sniper" "primary"
"heavy" "secondary"
}

"attributes_custom"
{
"override_building_health" "550"
"max health additive bonus" "240"
}

}
I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or it's something that is not made for custom weapons yet. i looked up online and had no results.
Popcornmap203
Old 07-08-2023 , 21:34   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #32

I have a question?
I'm looking at the tf2 wiki and the TF2 Attribute List and I don't know if it exist or not, I even looked at custom made Attributes but still nothing. but is there a disable damage fall off or decrease damage fall off for hitscan weapons. i'm using the scattergun as a base to become a sniper hybrid.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2023 , 03:27   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcornmap203 View Post
Hi I'm Having a problem with making custom weapons, i want to give sniper a scattergun but it didn't work.

[omitted for brevity]

I don't know if I'm doing it wrong or it's something that is not made for custom weapons yet. i looked up online and had no results.
The "inherits" value is fine. Assigning it as a Heavy's secondary won't work in this case as it's still going to occupy the primary slot (you can't make weapons occupy weapon slots they weren't designed for without an obscene amount of jank), but it would be fine as a Sniper primary.

For "max health additive bonus" you'd want to use the "attributes_game" section, since it is an existing native attribute provided by the game. "attributes_custom" is specifically for attributes provided by SourceMod plugins using the Custom Attribute Framework (CAF).

"override_building_health" doesn't exist to my knowledge, though if you've downloaded a plugin or extension that provides it, you'll want to check and see if it is a native or CAF-based attribute. Confusing, I know. Especially these days, with injected attributes being a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcornmap203 View Post
I have a question?
I'm looking at the tf2 wiki and the TF2 Attribute List and I don't know if it exist or not, I even looked at custom made Attributes but still nothing. but is there a disable damage fall off or decrease damage fall off for hitscan weapons. i'm using the scattergun as a base to become a sniper hybrid.
I may be misremembering but you may be able to strip falloff entirely by removing the DMG_USEDISTANCEMOD flag during a damage hook, but there currently isn't any public one to do arbitrary adjustments to falloff / rampup to my knowledge - it's tightly coupled with the rest of the damage-dealing logic.

Last edited by nosoop; 07-11-2023 at 04:31.
W_32
Old 07-26-2023 , 21:56   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #34

Did CWX break in the latest TF2 update? The !cwx command has completely ceased to work for me. I tried to reinstall from the latest release, but nothing seemed to fix it.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 07-27-2023 , 02:01   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by W_32 View Post
Did CWX break in the latest TF2 update? The !cwx command has completely ceased to work for me. I tried to reinstall from the latest release, but nothing seemed to fix it.
There aren't any known breakages with CWX itself, but the TF2 Utils plugin that it depends on does have a gamedata update.

(In the future, you will want to check your error logs and sm plugins list in the server console to verify that things are working after updates.)
W_32
Old 07-31-2023 , 00:40   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoop View Post
There aren't any known breakages with CWX itself, but the TF2 Utils plugin that it depends on does have a gamedata update.

(In the future, you will want to check your error logs and sm plugins list in the server console to verify that things are working after updates.)
Hey thanks, I will.
edidari
Old 10-04-2023 , 10:01   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #37

For some reason /cwx isn't working for me.
trbz_
Old 01-23-2024 , 20:51   Re: [TF2] Custom Weapons X
Reply With Quote #38

Are there any plans to allow for displaying weapon descriptions as in CW2/3? Currently there seems to be no way in-game to actually tell players what they're equipping.
Also, it seems that flamethrower particles produces by custom flamethrowers do not work currently.

EDIT: Flamethrower particles do work, but only if your custom flamethrower inherits from an existing flamethrower in items_game.txt and "keep_static_attrs" is enabled. This is because "weapon_baseflamethrower" inherits attributes defining flame particle behavior from a prefab called "weapon_newflame", and all unlockable flamethrowers inherit from "weapon_baseflamethrower".

Last edited by trbz_; 01-27-2024 at 16:55.