Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Admin Commands
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Vertigo Tools adds notifications for clients and replaces some chat-commands.
    Old 08-06-2016 , 19:29   [L4D2] Vertigo Tools
    Reply With Quote #1

Installation:
    server/addons/vertigo.vpk
    server/cfg/sourcemod/plugins/sm_vertigo.smx

Commands:
    !save — Save your position.
    !tp — Teleport to saved position.
    !js — Join survivors team.
    !take — Take a bot from picker.
    !mode — Change the difficulty (adm).
    !top — Show the Leaderboard.
    !current — Show the current info.
    !help — Show more info in console.

The Leaderboard file will be automatically created after the first result is reached to "Path_SM/gamedata/lb_vertigo.txt" folder.
    To compile "sm_vertigo.sp" locally, download this include: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=96831

Links:
    Download Vertigo: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=733998434
    Download Auto Bunnyhop: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=291999
    Download Superversus: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=830069
    Download L4DToolZ: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=93600
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_vertigo.sp - 406 views - 17.3 KB)
    File Type: smx sm_vertigo.smx (16.0 KB, 449 views)

Last edited by n491; 11-11-2018 at 15:56. Reason: Global changes and fixes.
    MasterMind420
    BANNED
    Old 08-06-2016 , 20:25   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo | Tools
    Reply With Quote #2

Just an FYI, a better description as to what these tools do would be great although I myself know what vertigo is, others may not. Also unless you want it pulled down, forum rules state all plugins must be accompanied by the original .sp file. Just giving you a heads up.

Last edited by MasterMind420; 08-06-2016 at 20:27.
    n491
    Old 08-06-2016 , 21:20   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo | Tools
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
    Just an FYI, a better description as to what these tools do would be great although I myself know what vertigo is, others may not. Also unless you want it pulled down, forum rules state all plugins must be accompanied by the original .sp file. Just giving you a heads up.
    sry :c
    MasterMind420
    BANNED
    Old 08-06-2016 , 21:23   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo | Tools
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by n491 View Post
    sry :c
    no worries man, just giving you a heads up before a moderator see's it or someone else gives you crap for it...good job on the edit

Last edited by MasterMind420; 08-06-2016 at 21:24.
    Lux
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-29-2016 , 21:44   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo | Tools
    Reply With Quote #5

hmm closed source sm_bunnyhop.smx and i dont see a link to the source anywhere,
    here is a lysis decompile of the plugin
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_bunnyhop.smx.sp - 311 views - 11.4 KB)

Commission me for L4D
    Spirit_12
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-29-2016 , 21:54   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo | Tools
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ludastar View Post
    hmm closed source sm_bunnyhop.smx and i dont see a link to the source anywhere,
    here is a lysis decompile of the plugin
    Why would you do such a thing? Only author is supposed to provide source. You can't really decompile any closed source plugin like that. It is an insult to the author who choose to not make his work public.
    Old 08-29-2016 , 22:21   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo | Tools
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
    Why would you do such a thing? Only author is supposed to provide source. You can't really decompile any closed source plugin like that. It is an insult to the author who choose to not make his work public.
    Funny thing is, it's not even his plugin also you can't post stuff without the source please read
    GPLv3
    All plugins source must be provided because the GPL & Sourcemod license

if you don't want to post source don't post it here on alliedmodders

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 08-29-2016 at 22:22.
    Spirit_12
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-30-2016 , 00:49   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo | Tools
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ludastar View Post
    Funny thing is, it's not even his plugin also you can't post stuff without the source please read
    GPLv3
    All plugins source must be provided because the GPL & Sourcemod license

if you don't want to post source don't post it here on alliedmodders
    I feel like you need to see who posted the plugin and who posted the reply. A little hint, they are not the same person.

I know the rules, and according to them this plugin should be trashed, unless OP provides source, not someone else who is using decoders.
    Old 08-30-2016 , 01:53   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo | Tools
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spirit_12 View Post
    Firstly, posting this on here without a source makes it a concern based on the GPLv3, he's making it publicly available, hence requiring a source. Secondly Ludastar decompiling it is his concern of public safety, sourcemod can be used maliciously as can any coding software...Thirdly why do you care so much? You act as though he's directly insulted you. The fact is the one who started the post has been reported, end of discussion...Have you reported him? Decompiling sourcepawn is not illegal or against forum regulations(unless perhaps stolen closed source) but providing an smx publicly without a source is a violation of the terms of the GPLv3. Sourcemod requires anything public to be open source hence him providing it here made it open source not closed source...I feel like you have the need to just attack someone who has a concern about something that was warned about by me 24 days ago, based off of what, ignorance maybe? Point is don't attack someone who is actually concerned about the code being provided and has the balls to actually do something about it, these forums aren't watched as closely as they used to be, as far as i'm concerned he did everyone a favor by doing what he did...

Last edited by MasterMind420; 08-30-2016 at 02:33.
    Spirit_12
    Veteran Member
    Old 08-31-2016 , 00:41   Re: [L4D2] Vertigo | Tools
    Reply With Quote #10

Taking a closed source plugin and decompiling it without the permission from author is wrong on so many levels. How is that any different from stealing? Like I stated in my previous reply, if a plugin is provided without source, then it should be trashed as per AM rules.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MasterMind420 View Post
    Decompiling sourcepawn is not illegal or against forum regulations(unless perhaps stolen closed source) but providing an smx publicly without a source is a violation of the terms of the GPLv3.
    You just answered your own question. It is against the regulations because you don't know if the plugin is stolen or not, but instead of clarifying that or asking the plugin to be removed you just posted the source.

Let me present a realistic scenario for you, so you can understand why I'm so concerned about it.

Dias Pendragon was banned for not posting source of his module according to my knowledge. His reason was that he wanted to sell his plugins for cash. Do you think its not disrespectful to him, if someone just decompiled his plugin and posted the source?

Does that make sense to you guys why I'm so against of what you done? You just made a closed source plugin public without knowledge of the author or his intentions.