Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Help, problem with CS:GO server, probably a router problem?

Post New Thread Reply   

DeadMentor
Old 06-06-2016 , 13:13   Help, problem with CS:GO server, probably a router problem?
Reply With Quote #1

Hello, I always created servers without a problem, but since i got a new PC, it started to be more "painfull".
Here's a brief of the problem:
So, now i have 2 pc's, my old one (i'll call it #1), is in the purpose of hosting a CS:GO server. I have installed the server, opened the ports sucessfully (even checked it online on a port check tool), inserted the token, etc., and when i try to join the game with my new PC (#2) i can only, join it thro LAN (both PC's are connect thro the SAME router).
When i join the game with #1 i can join thro the Master Server list, favorites and LAN.
But with the #2 pc, i can only join thro LAN. A few days ago i was able to join thro my Favorites tab, but when I asked a freind of mine to try to join the server, they couldnt, only pc #1 & #2 could join the server, none of my freinds was able to do so. (On the Server Console, when i type sv_lan, it appears its set to 0, but it also say's that *This server is a LAN server only*), and it only show's my LAN IP, instead of the Public IP.
I was reading online to add the command +clientport 270xx, on both PC's on the launch settings, and i also tried that command in the server.bat file too, and it just doesnt work.
Like i said above, before, i could host it online when i was using pc #1, i was able to host and to play at the same time. But since i started to use both pc's, one to host the server and the other to play the game, i started to have this issue. Now i think its some problem with the configuration of my router, because both pc's are on the same router, but i just can't solve the problem.....
aah, can anyone please help me?
BTW, I bough 2 CS:GO's, and both of my accounts are NOT limited, and they both have the Steam guard thro the phone.
Thanks in advance.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 06-06-2016 , 20:40   Re: Help, problem with CS:GO server, probably a router problem?
Reply With Quote #2

Some routers/modems won't let you connect to your own external IP. In fact, there is no reason to do it, just connect via LAN.

Last edited by fysiks; 06-06-2016 at 20:40.
DeadMentor
Old 06-07-2016 , 11:15   Re: Help, problem with CS:GO server, probably a router problem?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Some routers/modems won't let you connect to your own external IP. In fact, there is no reason to do it, just connect via LAN.
with other games, like for example, Minecraft, i dont have problems on hosting on one pc and playing on the other, my router is a NETGEAR.

isnt there a way to host on one pc and play on the other?
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 06-07-2016 , 21:08   Re: Help, problem with CS:GO server, probably a router problem?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMentor View Post
isnt there a way to host on one pc and play on the other?
Yeah, connect via LAN.

I've never played Minecraft before but it's possible that it's connecting via LAN already. Do you have to connect via IP in Minecraft and do you use your external IP?
Old 06-11-2016 , 08:00   Re: Help, problem with CS:GO server, probably a router problem?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
Yeah, connect via LAN.

I've never played Minecraft before but it's possible that it's connecting via LAN already. Do you have to connect via IP in Minecraft and do you use your external IP?
(Sorry for taking so long to awnser)

Yes, actually i never even noticed i connected thro the IP on Minecraft.

But, there's another problem, if i connect with my 2nd pc thro LAN, i can join, but my freinds can't
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 06-11-2016 , 21:42   Re: Help, problem with CS:GO server, probably a router problem?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMentor View Post

But, there's another problem, if i connect with my 2nd pc thro LAN, i can join, but my freinds can't
They can join, they just have to connect via your external IP. If they can't then there is something else wrong (ports, firewalls, etc.).

Last edited by fysiks; 06-11-2016 at 21:43.