Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

AMBuild build with mingw?

Post New Thread Reply   

WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2014 , 08:58   AMBuild build with mingw?
Reply With Quote #1

I have mingw installed with g++ and gcc and I have my path variable setup to point to both C:/MinGW/bin and C:/MinGW/include but AMBuild is not detecting them.

I tried using vs gen but 1) It has a typo in it's gen.py(which I fixed by changing frontent -> frontend but powerlord's sample-ext 1.6 gitbranch's versioning python script crashes out on vs gen option for None being non-iteratable and with the shortcut to VS 2013's command line builder errors with HL2SDK compile errors(like __asm or was it _asm not being supported on windows)

BAFFLED
Old 10-26-2014 , 09:17   Re: AMBuild build with mingw?
Reply With Quote #2

Anything compiled with mingw will be ABI-incompatible with the Source engine and SM.
WildCard65
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2014 , 09:49   Re: AMBuild build with mingw?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
Anything compiled with mingw will be ABI-incompatible with the Source engine and SM.
k, but I tried vs gen option as well as using the batch shortcut for the commandline vs cxx and cc compilers but both failed(vs gen option fail on powerlord's versioning script, the cxx compiler spits out errors involving hl2sdk)
Edit: Solved the errors coming from hl2sdk-tf2(instead of using the x64 shortcut, I used the x86 one).
Edit2: Ok, good to note that when using vs command line tools, use x86 one for sourcemod extensions.

Last edited by WildCard65; 10-26-2014 at 10:12.