Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[ANY] AFK Manager (Version 4.3.0 / Updated July 2nd 2018)

Post New Thread Reply   

nightrider
SourceMod Donor
Old 03-13-2012 , 21:31   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1041

As Dr. McKay has previously mentioned I also have used this plugin for some time without issue.
I have had to disable the plugin as it has not been functioning correctly on my servers.
I will dig thru the logs on my server and report back what I find.

The AFK manager was flipping out.
During long rounds, t's that died very early in the round were moved to spectate by the manager.
After they were moved to spectate, they were unable to move to any other team.
Unfortunately those that were moved to spectate were soon kicked.

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 03-14-2012 , 03:03   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1042

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
As Dr. McKay has previously mentioned I also have used this plugin for some time without issue.
I have had to disable the plugin as it has not been functioning correctly on my servers.
I will dig thru the logs on my server and report back what I find.

The AFK manager was flipping out.
During long rounds, t's that died very early in the round were moved to spectate by the manager.
After they were moved to spectate, they were unable to move to any other team.
Unfortunately those that were moved to spectate were soon kicked.
Let me know what you find because I am curious, I mean the plugin hasn't changed so I am wondering if maybe the timers in SourceMod or similar are behaving abnormally? Or maybe the events aren't hooking correctly or something.

Not sure at this stage but if you can get me some details I can look into it.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 03-14-2012 , 03:57   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1043

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgar View Post
Let me know what you find because I am curious, I mean the plugin hasn't changed so I am wondering if maybe the timers in SourceMod or similar are behaving abnormally? Or maybe the events aren't hooking correctly or something.

Not sure at this stage but if you can get me some details I can look into it.
Something that may be worth looking into is, try resaving all files associated with AFK manager. For the longest time, Advertisements wasn't working for me. Then I opened the config file, resaved it after selecting Unix/Linux, and reuploaded it, and it's working again.
Old 03-14-2012 , 07:32   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. McKay View Post
Something that may be worth looking into is, try resaving all files associated with AFK manager. For the longest time, Advertisements wasn't working for me. Then I opened the config file, resaved it after selecting Unix/Linux, and reuploaded it, and it's working again.
Are you saying the forum attachments have corrupted or your server plugin files have corrupted?
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 03-14-2012 , 10:54   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1045

Quote:
Are you saying the forum attachments have corrupted or your server plugin files have corrupted?
It was on my end. I saved the config file in the wrong encoding or something when I uploaded it at one point.
Old 03-29-2012 , 17:54   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1046

Would it be possible to make this mod be customized for Team Fortress 2 and have a different setting for setup time? This would let people take a piss and such without being moved to spectate during a time when they would just be sitting around waiting.
lucasdidur
Old 03-29-2012 , 20:58   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1047

I have a problem, when a player enters the spectators, he is not kicked. What can be?

This is my config:
http://pastebin.com/5aTRHgAz

Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2012 , 09:17   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1048

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Hairy_Baboon View Post
Would it be possible to make this mod be customized for Team Fortress 2 and have a different setting for setup time? This would let people take a piss and such without being moved to spectate during a time when they would just be sitting around waiting.
If you move from your spawn position you would have as much time as the AFK Move to Spectator is set so I don't see why this would be needed?

It already Hooks setup time and then has a Spawn timer and then normal timers...
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 03-30-2012 , 09:19   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1049

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasdidur View Post
I have a problem, when a player enters the spectators, he is not kicked. What can be?

This is my config:
http://pastebin.com/5aTRHgAz
Are you sure that:

A) They do not have the "z" admin flag

B) There are 20+ players in the server

C) They are AFK for 3 minutes?
The_Hairy_Baboon
Old 03-30-2012 , 17:02   Re: AFK Manager (Version 3.4.3 / Updated June 3rd 2011)
Reply With Quote #1050

Quote:
If you move from your spawn position you would have as much time as the AFK Move to Spectator is set so I don't see why this would be needed?

It already Hooks setup time and then has a Spawn timer and then normal timers...
In TF2, when a round ends, some people go off to take a piss because there is no action. when they come back, they have gotten moved to spec. why? because we have the sm_afk_spawn_time set to 30 secs, so people who aren't playing get moved to spec quickly, while sm_afk_move_time is 120 so people who need to piss mid round can do so. what we need is to have a separate timer for setup which can bee indep set. or during setup, the timers don't count.

Did i explain myself well?