Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

plugin help

Post New Thread Reply   

kabbrax
Old 05-28-2006 , 14:44   plugin help
Reply With Quote #1

Im trying to find a plugin similar to ultimate_sound but instead has the new UT2k3 sfx like ludacris and wicked sick, so on...or maybe a good plugin that allows me to add those sfx to it...im not sure if ultimate sound plugin allows me to change to sound files to what i want. If i can change the sfx in ultimate sound could someone explain how
Second plugin im looking for that no one seems to know is one that allows each player to choose a color for their glow or color for their glow trail and even a color for their hud.
cannibusmannibus
Old 05-28-2006 , 18:32  
Reply With Quote #2

you can copy your new files on top of the old versions and just rename the new ones to use the old one's file names and that will work for anyone who has never connected to an ultimate sounds server before because they will download the files as usual and the files will be the new ones that you overlaid the old ones with
but, the big problem is how to overwrite people's existing files if they have already visited one of those servers before
i don't know how you can force a refresh of their local cache of files
one way to do it would be to modify the names of the .WAV files in the plugin's .SMA file and recompile it and use all new file names which they won't already have so it will force a new download of the new files
cannibusmannibus
Old 05-28-2006 , 18:32  
Reply With Quote #3

p.s. i'll do some research on forums.steampowered.com to see if there exists a way to cause a steam client to trigger a local .WAV file cache refresh so you don't have to touch the .SMA and filenames can stay the same and you can just copy the new files on top of the old files on your server
kabbrax
Old 05-29-2006 , 15:15  
Reply With Quote #4

Seems i got it to work now...i changed around some sounds for my self and after a few stupid mistakes it compiled. Just need to run it and see if they are any bugs. I added some real nice sfx that get ppl fired up...lol