Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Suggestion / Subplugin Request Suggestions about how to lower the amount of prechached models/sprite/sounds

Post New Thread Reply   

Gamewar
Old 03-17-2022 , 17:20   Suggestions about how to lower the amount of prechached models/sprite/sounds
Reply With Quote #1

Hello and I wanted to ask some help oor tip about this posts title..

I often had problems when I was making server.. of the maps (or in all maps) it gonna show that I reached the 512 prechace limit even tho PrechaceX and prechace manager showed that I have 3xx models and 3xx sounds precahced (with in theory should be enough). its not my first time making servers but I always run into this error..Meanwhile when I'm looking at Russian servers they have lot of stuff

Basically 512 precache limit was the only one what stops me from making server.

Thank you for answers

Last edited by Gamewar; 03-17-2022 at 17:44.
Celena Luna
Veteran Member
Old 03-17-2022 , 21:42   Re: Suggestions about how to lower the amount of prechached models/sprite/sounds
Reply With Quote #2

I think Russia server used reHLDS and abuse precache_generic alot, making room for precache_sound and precache_model having more slot.

Some even combine multiple models in 1 to reduced the precache_model numbers.

If you just download plugins on the internet, it most likely that the plugins precache_sounds on every sounds even if it does not need to.

But overall the limit 512 can not be extend

Last edited by Celena Luna; 03-17-2022 at 21:43.
Gamewar
Old 03-18-2022 , 05:58   Re: Suggestions about how to lower the amount of prechached models/sprite/sounds
Reply With Quote #3

ReHLDS? I'm hearing about it for first time. Can you tell me more about it and, also where to get it? Talking about HLDS I also tried the CMD thingy. I'm not sure if it's better or not

Combining multiple models into one you meant combining P_, W_, and V_ models ooor
The thing is that all plugins I download (about weapons) is from Russia sites.. Some of plugins is from here (mostly sound and zombie classes)

I know it can't be extended that's why I'm asking how to dodge/keep away from the 512 limit error