Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)

Post New Thread Reply   

grandwazir
Old 02-10-2009 , 14:02   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by pAter View Post
Still would like to know if this mod can be triggered using a remote rcon, instead of having to actually BE in the server?
Sorry I did not get back to you, I missed your post. All the mod commands can be used using the rcon although some will not work because they require a client ID. It does not currently throw an error to the console if the command requires a client ID (maybe an idea for a future version).

Off the top of my head all the commands should work remotely except for the following:
  1. a4d_force_panic
  2. a4d_toggle_director
  3. a4d_spawn_infected
  4. a4d_spawn_item
  5. a4d_spawn_weapon
They could all be made to work remotely but it would only make sense for the first two. I'll look into adding it into the next version. For the time being if you want to make things difficult for players remotely try a4d_panic_forever or a4d_delay_rescue.
Old 02-10-2009 , 16:28   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #82

Hey thanks for the update of maskin the message when you do somethin will work wonders and the randomizing of the tanks again does this also apply to the witch tho? if not can you add this feature also at all?
grandwazir
Old 02-10-2009 , 16:46   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukla67 View Post
Hey thanks for the update of maskin the message when you do somethin will work wonders and the randomizing of the tanks again does this also apply to the witch tho? if not can you add this feature also at all?
No problem And yes, it also applies for witches.
Old 02-10-2009 , 20:20   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #84

Great Job man Im loving it. I wanted to know about the force VS till hibernation. Its cool but something I think would make it better would be. Ok let me start for beginning when I make a VS lobby and I start a full game on a normal VS map. I then turn on force VS till hibernation and change the map to the first Dead Air map. Now everyone that was on the zombie team is now in spec mode and cant join a team till everyone is fully loaded onto the server, taking sometimes up to 30 or 40 sec. Now here is where I have had some problems. Some times the people on the human side dont wait for everyone to load and just start the game while all the zombies player are stuck in spec mode getting a good head start on the map. It happends every time a new map is loaded (zombie team in spec). Now when I used to use the L4D Director Enforcer which did the same thing I didnt have any problem with people being put on the zombie team as soon as it started and it didnt need to load every map. The other thing that seems to happen is say we start a map with 8 people and 4 of them leave, 2 from each team. Now we finish the map and when the next map starts we (all 4 players) are all now on the human side. So it doesnt seem to keep the team. Now Im am running some other plugs so I dont know if this would have and effect on your plug. So anyone else have issues like this? Also my server always seems to get stuck after playing a full campain meaning we all the players go back to the lobby but my server stays on the last map l4d_airport_final or what ever the last map name is. Like I said it maybe an issue with another plug.

Here is a list of plugs Im running
L4DSwitchPlayer.smx
spec_team.smx
l4d_voteguard.smx
l4d-buildenabler.smx
l4d_vsinfectedbots.smx
sm_did.smx

Thanks any input would be great =)

And again Thanks so much

Last edited by Jay Dogg; 02-10-2009 at 20:24.
pAter
Old 02-10-2009 , 21:48   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #85

I've noticed that when I run this plugin in our Co-Op server it seems to kill the server after the campaign ends.

In Versus, the map changes and continues, however in the Co-Op server once the campaign ends no one can reconnect to the server.

Everyone gets this message...

Code:
Disconnected from server.  Disconnect:1
I have to log into the server, shut down the server and restart it to get it to work again.

The strange thing is, if I look at the Server Console it looks as though everything is fine. I get no error messages at all. The server is hibernating, and waiting for people to connect although no one can.

Here's the code from the console when someone tries to connect....

Code:
Sending heartbeat to master server...
Client "( if ) elekrisiti" connected (69.........).
Client "( if ) Necrosaro (Left to Die)" connected (67........).
L 02/10/2009 - 19:11:30: [SM] Native "KillTimer" reported: Invalid timer handle
13f0075 (error 1)
L 02/10/2009 - 19:11:30: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "all4dead.s
mx":
L 02/10/2009 - 19:11:30: [SM]   [0]  Line 175, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums
/files/4/7/1/4/7/36960.attach::OnClientConnect()
Dropped ( if ) elekrisiti from server (1)
13f0075 (error 1)
L 02/10/2009 - 19:11:30: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "all4dead.s
mx":
L 02/10/2009 - 19:11:30: [SM]   [0]  Line 175, /home/groups/alliedmodders/forums
Dropped ( if ) Necrosaro (Left to Die) from server (1)
Connection to Steam servers successful.
   VAC secure mode is activated.
-> Reservation cookie 0:  reason reserved(yes), clients(no), reservationexpires(
0.00)
Server is hibernating
any thoughts?

Last edited by pAter; 02-10-2009 at 22:17.
Jay Dogg
Old 02-10-2009 , 22:18   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #86

Here is part of my problem
[L4D] VS Infected Bots (version 1.5.3)
Version 1.5.3
- Fixed issue when all players leave and server would keep playing with only survivor/infected bots.

I took off these plugs so I can do some more testing =)
spec_team.smx
l4d_voteguard.smx
l4d-buildenabler.smx
l4d_vsinfectedbots.smx

Keep up all the good work
openglhk
Old 02-11-2009 , 04:13   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #87

i think a4d_always_force_versus 1 just like "director_no_human_zombies" = "0"
grandwazir
Old 02-11-2009 , 05:15   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by pAter View Post
I've noticed that when I run this plugin in our Co-Op server it seems to kill the server after the campaign ends.

In Versus, the map changes and continues, however in the Co-Op server once the campaign ends no one can reconnect to the server.

Everyone gets this message...

Code:
Disconnected from server.  Disconnect:1
I have to log into the server, shut down the server and restart it to get it to work again.

The strange thing is, if I look at the Server Console it looks as though everything is fine. I get no error messages at all. The server is hibernating, and waiting for people to connect although no one can.

Here's the code from the console when someone tries to connect....

Code:
Client "( if ) elekrisiti" connected (69.........).
Client "( if ) Necrosaro (Left to Die)" connected (67........).
13f0075 (error 1)
mx":
Dropped ( if ) elekrisiti from server (1)
13f0075 (error 1)
mx":
Dropped ( if ) Necrosaro (Left to Die) from server (1)
Connection to Steam servers successful.
   VAC secure mode is activated.
-> Reservation cookie 0:  reason reserved(yes), clients(no), reservationexpires(
0.00)
Server is hibernating
any thoughts?
Please update to the latest version. The hibernation timer was very buggy and was removed, since AutoExecConfig does the same thing now. It was a feature to make sure that the default settings are restored but it seems that the server does this anyway at the end of each campaign. People are unable to connect because that error happens in OnClientConnect and before it gets a chance to return true, meaning that all clients are rejected automatically. It is a fairly serious bug and I am sorry it managed to make its way into a release.

This was fixed in the latest version (1.4.3) so please use that instead.

Last edited by grandwazir; 02-11-2009 at 05:28.
grandwazir
Old 02-11-2009 , 05:32   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by openglhk View Post
i think a4d_always_force_versus 1 just like "director_no_human_zombies" = "0"
They are two separate variables. When a server starts a coop map, it enforces coop mode on map load by setting director_no_human_zombies 1. It also seems to do this again after each player loads. a4d_always_force_versus sets an internal variable which then makes sure that versus mode is enabled on the next map. a4d_force_versus is the direct handler for altering director_no_human_zombies
Old 02-11-2009 , 05:43   Re: [L4D] Director Controller (All4Dead)
Reply With Quote #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dogg View Post
Great Job man Im loving it. I wanted to know about the force VS till hibernation. Its cool but something I think would make it better would be. Ok let me start for beginning when I make a VS lobby and I start a full game on a normal VS map. I then turn on force VS till hibernation and change the map to the first Dead Air map. Now everyone that was on the zombie team is now in spec mode and cant join a team till everyone is fully loaded onto the server, taking sometimes up to 30 or 40 sec. Now here is where I have had some problems. Some times the people on the human side dont wait for everyone to load and just start the game while all the zombies player are stuck in spec mode getting a good head start on the map. It happends every time a new map is loaded (zombie team in spec). Now when I used to use the L4D Director Enforcer which did the same thing I didnt have any problem with people being put on the zombie team as soon as it started and it didnt need to load every map. The other thing that seems to happen is say we start a map with 8 people and 4 of them leave, 2 from each team. Now we finish the map and when the next map starts we (all 4 players) are all now on the human side. So it doesnt seem to keep the team. Now Im am running some other plugs so I dont know if this would have and effect on your plug. So anyone else have issues like this? Also my server always seems to get stuck after playing a full campain meaning we all the players go back to the lobby but my server stays on the last map l4d_airport_final or what ever the last map name is. Like I said it maybe an issue with another plug.
This is working as intended. The design is that it enforces versus mode after 15 seconds once a map has loaded. So when players load the game attempts to put them on the survivor team and any overflow is added on as spectators. This is because I could not find the event that was swapping director_no_human_zombies back to 1 on map load. It does have that side effect though and I'll look again today to see if I can find which event is responsible.

The server staying on the same map does not seem to be a problem as it will load whatever map is required when asked to by the lobby. I'll have a look anyway to see if All4Dead is responsible.

Last edited by grandwazir; 02-11-2009 at 05:58.