Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

PHP Errors

Post New Thread Reply   

dustinandband
Old 11-19-2017 , 02:44   PHP Errors
Reply With Quote #1

Not sure Why I'm getting these php errors. I installed sourcebans 1.4.11 & ran the update checker.
Used this site as a manual for installation:
https://www.gameconnect.net/projects/sourcebans/manual/

No related game errors (seems like a website issue alone). When I ran CHMOD 777 on the folders I didn't run it recursively (the guide didn't mention it). Also ran the updater and it said my sourcebans installation is up to date.

Also, the sourcebans.net website has been down for a while now - which has a lot of manuals that are refered to in new installation guides. Is there anywhere else one can find these manuals?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wtf.PNG
Views:	241
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	166680  
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-19-2017 , 02:57   Re: PHP Errors
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinandband View Post
Not sure Why I'm getting these php errors. I installed sourcebans 1.4.11 & ran the update checker.
SourceBans 1.4.11, the latest "official" 1.4.x release, is pretty old, and not built for PHP 7+.

You will either need to re-develop it to work with PHP 7, or possibly search Google to see if anyone else has done so.

There is also the SouceBans++ fork you could look at, though I haven't looked into whether or not that one has been updated to be 100% consistent with the changes PHP 7 introduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinandband View Post
When I ran CHMOD 777 on the folders [...]
You should NEVER use 777 on anything, no matter what any kind of guides or tutorials shout out.

If you are running on shared hosting (e.g. bought "web hosting"), everyone on the same server will be able to both delete as well as alter your stuff.

If you're not giving anyone both your credit card and PIN code on purpose, you shouldn't use 777 either.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].