Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

markym
Old 02-27-2009 , 11:09   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

I can confirm that our TF2 windows based server crashed during pl_badwater play both times that it came into rotation last night. I'm running 1.1.2 correctly now and MM 1.7.1. I've pulled pl_badwater out of cycle for now and will call it into play tonight when I'm on to see if still is crash prone. I'll also test with other Pl maps tonight as well. Bummer for now as Pl maps are very popular.
chikencarnage
Old 02-27-2009 , 12:19   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

i have experienced zero crashes on pl maps on my windows server running SM 1.1.2 and MM 1.7.0
Old 02-27-2009 , 15:24   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Lucky you! Source Mod 1.1.2, metamod 1.7.1, latest Orange Box server and TF2 server, no custom Source Mod or other plugins, crashes changing to or on pl_badwater and pl_goldrush virtually every time. I also have rumors of crits not working, but I have not been able to confirm.

Where should I send my mini-dump files? I've never had enough of an issue with crashing to send those to anyone, so I'm a bit green at what to do with them.

Last edited by Kramerika; 02-27-2009 at 15:27.
Dog_Pound
Old 02-27-2009 , 18:58   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramerika View Post
I have another odd issue since the new update earlier in the week. All of my Orange Box servers (DoD:S and TF2) crash on startup since the update. Sometimes they crash twice, but normally they will finally start and stay running. This is consistent though as it never fails. They never did this before, and I have changed nothing outside of updating the server and Source Mod since the update. What is to blame for this? Installing Source Mod 1.1.2 did not fix this. I am running only the basic Source Mod with a limited number of additional plugins and no other mods. I should also note that this does not happen with my CS:S server also running Source Mod 1.1.2 which leads me to believe that it is an Orange Box server issue or a combination of the two.

I have not had the servers up long enough today with 1.1.2 to know whether pl maps are still a big contributor to crashing, but I should know soon.
The crash could be the update that Steam did back when they changed the steam ids, ever since that revision (and each one since) when you start a server it creates a dump file, sometimes more...lol...if you have access to the console, you'll see a message in there that a steam service didn't load. It has nothing to do with sourcemod as I was running stable until I updated my hlds and I hadn't updated sourcemod at that point.

Last edited by Dog_Pound; 02-27-2009 at 19:03. Reason: missed text
atmuh
Old 02-27-2009 , 19:14   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Running Meta 1.7.1 and SM 1.1.2 and I still get crashes randomly. It's not just on pl maps it's ALL THE TIME. If I disallow people from playing as spies it never crashes.
PStar
Veteran Member
Old 02-27-2009 , 21:16   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Why can't i recomplie the plugins on my maschine?
I donwloaded SM 1.1.2 win (using XP prof) then if i run the exe it hangs on the first sp file and says internal error.
markym
Old 02-27-2009 , 23:46   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikencarnage View Post
i have experienced zero crashes on pl maps on my windows server running SM 1.1.2 and MM 1.7.0
chicken ...interesting that your are running MM 1.7.0 with no crashes. I've got MM 1.7.1 loaded and tonight we have crashed always on Pl maps. Pred said in an earlier post that servers are crashing on PL maps without SM loaded so it sounds like it could be a Valve issue however, if you are not crashing on PL maps with MM 1.7.0 I wonder if it's a MM issue?
Kramerika
Old 02-28-2009 , 00:40   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikencarnage View Post
Are you running the plugin to prevent crashes?
BAILOPAN
Old 02-28-2009 , 02:50   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

Metamod is not going to cause your TF crashes.

Valve doesn't know how to test their updates.
Veteran Member
Old 02-28-2009 , 03:05   Re: SourceMod 1.1.2 Released

They dont really have a dedicated testing team so when they release updates its based on the time the devs had to test which isnt too much, especially since its boring from the absence of working bots but thats their problem.

Closed Thread