Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

CSS BRush

Post New Thread Reply   

TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-03-2012 , 22:43   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
Reply With Quote #11

As I'm going through the feature adding process, it was brought to my attention that even using the Anti-Rush plugin, there are spots where Ts can shoot from spawn and kill CTs as they are rushing to B and the Anti-Rush doesn't stop bullets.

My suggestion for this is to use SpawnTools7 to delete the default spawn points on a map and create your own, out of the way of being able to spawp (spawn awp)... then use the Anti-Rush and put a bounce back and slay wall so Ts can't go to that spot

I'm working on the Menu option for when a T kills 2+CTs so that T can pick their other teammate(s) when the team change happens. I'll have to make this a type of game mode because it would be a slower way of playing BRush - you'd have to wait for that player to select the player(s) before the next round would start. After a configurable amount of seconds, if that T doesn't pick his player(s), then the player(s) would randomly be picked and the round would restart.
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 01-04-2012 , 01:37   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
Reply With Quote #12

in the video, are those brush boxes or actual models? maybe you could use those instead of antirush, they look actually better
Old 01-04-2012 , 05:39   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyrus View Post
in the video, are those brush boxes or actual models? maybe you could use those instead of antirush, they look actually better
Its edited map with B only: www.gamebanana.com/maps/download/158214

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
What do you mean about a player who rejoined player class? If a player chooses a different class than what was assigned to them during the team switch?
When player manually switch side or class, he isn't respawned until he rejoin server

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
Not sure I know what you mean about removing the round restart after teams are swapped.
Ts are swapped to other side immediately they won round, but after that, round restart occurs, which is I think not needed

Last edited by musosoft; 01-04-2012 at 06:02.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-04-2012 , 10:47   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
Reply With Quote #14

When player manually switch side or class, he isn't respawned until he rejoin server
I'll investigate that tonight when I get home. So, playerA is on CT and when he manually switches to T (which only has 4 players because if it had 5, he wouldn't be allowed) he never respawns?

Ts are swapped to other side immediately they won round, but after that, round restart occurs, which is I think not needed
Hmm... I guess I could the ignore winning conditions (mp_ignore_round_win_conditions) and handle them with the plugin - would speed things up a bit... I'll add that to a back burner feature list
...:: TnT Edit ::...
If I do this, then I'll have to make sure players can buy weapons at any time... might be better to just let the game handle the win event

----------------------

I finished up the menu system for allowing a T who killed 2-3 CTs to pick the other Terrorist(s) to join him on the CT team. Was my first time working with menus so it took me a bit of time to learn it... reading the API page and looking at the adminmenu SM plugin. But it works good. It allows that player X seconds to pick their teammate and if they fail to pick them in time, the plugin will randomly pick one so as to not delay game play due to an indecisive player

I want to add translation file before I push out another update. That is a must, lots of people have asked for a translation file

Last edited by TnTSCS; 01-04-2012 at 10:56.
musosoft
Old 01-04-2012 , 12:14   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
Reply With Quote #15

1. Yes

2. mp_ignore_round_win_conditions 1 is blocked by zBlock, which I think will use most of users

3. Great!

4. I can do Slovak translation, just send phrases
Old 01-04-2012 , 13:12   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
Reply With Quote #16

Grat job! When are you expecting to be able to update it?

Last edited by Snooc; 01-04-2012 at 13:12.
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-04-2012 , 17:42   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooc View Post
Grat job! When are you expecting to be able to update it?
depending on if I have to stay late tonight, hopefully tonight or tomorrow...

work really gets in the way of fun
TnTSCS
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-06-2012 , 17:31   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
Reply With Quote #18

BRush updated. Change log:

Code:
Version 0.0.1.1
* Fixed mistake in CVar description for sm_brush_smokes
+ Added menu option for T who killed 2+ CTs to pick their teammates.
  If they don't pick them in time, the plugin randomly selects the player(s)
+ Added translations file (need other languages)
+ Added team scrambling for when CTs win 8+ rounds in a row
If you have it set to auto update with Updater, then your plugin will auto-update on its own. If you manually update, make sure you get the newly added translation file.

If you have a language file you want added, let me know and I'll add it.
musosoft
Old 01-06-2012 , 19:32   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
Reply With Quote #19

Thanks for update, will try it.

Slovak translation:
Attached Files
File Type: txt brush.phrases.txt (3.4 KB, 169 views)
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-06-2012 , 22:41   Re: CSS BRush (beta)
Reply With Quote #20

Thank you for that file - I'll add it to the next patch update - probably tomorrow... I've increased the time before team switching at the end of the round so it's not so abrupt... plus I fixed that bug where players stay dead and don't respawn. I'll release that update as soon as I can.

Here are the configs for anti_rush that I'm using. So far, I've only had time to do dust and dust2... I'll go through more maps and post the configs here. I might look into coding a bit of actual props like that video shows (wooden boxes where players cannot pass through).
Attached Files
File Type: cfg de_dust2.cfg (1.1 KB, 194 views)
File Type: cfg de_dust.cfg (619 Bytes, 172 views)

Last edited by TnTSCS; 01-06-2012 at 22:42.